• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Damn! It is cold and windy.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
K. I'm getting sick of this crap. -31C here right now with a windchill warning in effect. Calling for -45C with the wind today. Schools still open and buses are running.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Don't get sick of it yet, it's only the middle of February. It's going to make the rest of your winter more miserable. :smile:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
About that time. How quickly things change up here. On the weekend we had the ac on and were wearing shorts. Now, it's time to haul out the winter jackets, fire up the furnace, haul out the winter hats and mitts for the kids and prepare to shovel.

That blue spot on the map is snow.

5200a88e00b42d017e065b135871d17d.jpg

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
It must be great living in the great white north......:yum::yum::yum:

And just think we only have six more months till spring....more or less. :biggrin:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh. It is great living here. I love the fresh air. We have four dedicated seasons. Our spring and summer is nice. Fall gets cooler and when winter comes we actually have snow instead of the slushy crap the south gets. Id rather have snow any day then half snow half rain and six months of crap.

Umberto

I'm looking forward to El Nino and some rain and snow this winter. Our mountains need the moisture. :whistling:

It's a gorgeous sunny morning but rain on the way for tomorrow.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
My weather is on the National news.

I saw that. Wow, what a freakin' mess of mud on that interstate.

El Nino is supposed to give you guys a lot of moisture this winter. Lets hope it is in the form of snow pack in the Sierra Nevadas.

Umberto

We'll need snow in the Cascades.

My bud in Iowa just text they made their first fire in the furnace... obama voters but use a stove not approved by EPA. Go figure. :neutral:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Weird day here, it started to get dark around 1 PM then a dust storm followed by rain blew in the west. It dropped the temp. over 25 degrees in only a few hours. now the rain has slacked off but it's dark and overcast.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
We'll need snow in the Cascades.

My bud in Iowa just text they made their first fire in the furnace... obama voters but use a stove not approved by EPA. Go figure. :neutral:

Sounds like they have the same attitude as I do towards the EPA. Fuck em. :biggrin:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm willing to bet that top picture is Boston after the second blizzard last winter with all those cars parked on the side of the street.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
High wind warning in effect for around here tonight and tomorrow.

HAZARDOUS WEATHER...

* TIMING...SOUTHWEST WINDS WILL INCREASE AHEAD OF A STRONG COLD
FRONT LATE TONIGHT...AND SWITCH TO THE WEST EARLY THURSDAY
MORNING. INTENSE WESTERLY WINDS WILL CONTINUE INTO THURSDAY
EVENING BEFORE ABATING SOMEWHAT OVERNIGHT.

* WINDS...25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 45 MPH LATE TONIGHT.
SCATTERED WIND GUSTS AROUND 60 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH
SHOWERS LATE TONIGHT. WINDS WILL THEN INCREASE TO 30 TO 40 MPH
WITH GUSTS OF 55-60 MPH DURING THE DAY THURSDAY.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
PG we have 35-50 mph NW winds with gust at 60+.. And it is supposed to keep it up all night. :w00t2::ermm:

Heavy rain fell around 5 o clock, one of the most intense rains I have ever seen. At least a half dozen tornado's in the State as well...

Hang on to..... what ever you hang on to! :bitterCol:snow_smi:

This low pressure center is so deep I had set the tattle tell on my Barometer to a new low record!

Regards, Kirk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Supposed to be getting our first snow storm starting tomorrow afternoon. I can sure feel it in my back. They're calling for around 6" total I think. We'll see what we actually get.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
PG we have 35-50 mph NW winds with gust at 60+.. And it is supposed to keep it up all night. :w00t2::ermm:

Heavy rain fell around 5 o clock, one of the most intense rains I have ever seen. At least a half dozen tornado's in the State as well...

Hang on to..... what ever you hang on to! :bitterCol:snow_smi:

This low pressure center is so deep I had set the tattle tell on my Barometer to a new low record!

Regards, Kirk

It's already starting to blow out there. :hammer:

We have about 18" of snow that is here to stay. It is suppose to drop to about-7F by the weekend. Shaping up to a good start for the winter! I've already freighted building supplies to a neighbors cabin with the snowmachine last weekend and the mountain riding has begun all over the Alaska Range.:winterrul

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We have about 18" of snow that is here to stay. It is suppose to drop to about-7F by the weekend. Shaping up to a good start for the winter! I've already freighted building supplies to a neighbors cabin with the snowmachine last weekend and the mountain riding has begun all over the Alaska Range.:winterrul
Ohh you snowcat people and your love for snow and harsh weather :hammer:
LOL!
I'm just kidding.
Actually, I'm surprised we haven't seen any YET.
That'll come soon enough.

Hopefully on Christmas eve and day only..:whistling::wink:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just came inside from my shop, and there are large snowflakes in the air...

But at 35 deg., they aren't long for the world.

I still have tillage to finish up, in the corn fields. When it is fit we run like heck again till the weather tells us no way...

When the ground freezes down to about 2" we're all done. Unless you like to break big iron.

Regards, Kirk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, they weren't kidding when they said windy!
It's still gusting and roaring out there.
Trash bin was in the middle of the street with limbs and branches down.
No power loss so far!

Leni

Wimps! (LOL) We are projected to have winds up to 50 MPH with gusts up to 60. Humidity is down to 6%. The fire department has place personnel and equipment in the high danger zones. All we need is one idiot with a match.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The highest wind gust reported around here was 47mph today.

This is supposed to continue until tomorrow evening with a chance of
s n o w.

It's still very windy (30-40mph)

I was watching a bit of the national news at work today.
It showed a segment of the waters on Grand Haven, Michigan pier with the waves rolling under dark skies.
I thought it was one of the most beautiful things I'd ever seen.
:smile:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Today was windy and overcast for the better part of the day.
We will see some snow on Saturday, projected to be less than an inch.
But some of you further north of here in Indiana and Michigan are supposed to get more.