• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Olympics 2016

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone else watching?

There's been some really good action. My daughter and I were screaming at the TV when watching the last 15 minutes of the women's road race. What a dramatic finish.
A Dutch and an American rider were way out front.
Then the Dutch rider had a terrible crash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuQlpUgKXcA
The American rider then had to ride solo (which is slower than riding with others). She got worn out and overtaken by 3 riders just before the finish line.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlpY2nQXvCI

I also noticed that except for soccer and last nights swimming competition (assuming because of Katie Ledecky and Michael Phelps/relay team races) the stadiums have very few people in them.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, I've been watching off and on. My wife , on the other hand has always been an Olympic fanatic. When I take a break or in the evening, I'll find some sport that I'm interested in and watch for a while but I'm not plonked in front of the TV watching day and night.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's so hot outside, I'm doing more things indoors. I keep the TV on in the background and just catch the "action". Not the fillers or commercials.

Also disappointed in NBC in that they don't even mention that other sports are being played on other NBC channels. Found that out flipping through the online TV guide when looking for something else.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Off and on. Mostly off, but I did see the USA women's gymnastics. I will make a point to watch them as this progresses, but I have to say I am not glued to the olympics the way I used to be.

I enjoy the Winter Olympics much more and I am usually indoors more in the winter to take the time to see them.

These kids all work hard. Incredible athletes.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been watching (via various video streaming on ROKU and/or the computer) the Olympic Fencing competition. Sadly 99% of it was not on broadcast TV.

They did show the semi-final and final round of Men's Foil were a fencer from the USA took the Silver medal. So we are now in the 3rd day of competition for Fencing and we've seen 2 bouts on Broadcast TV.

THEY HAVE DONE A HORRIBLE JOB WITH COMMERCIAL BREAKS while streaming the bouts! They take breaks MID-BOUT while the action is going on! WTF? They took a break during a tie-breaker! Why don't they take commercial breaks during the scheduled breaks in the bout!!! Fencing bouts last a maximum of 9 minutes with 2 1 minute breaks. But they choose to take commercial breaks DURING the action?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Women's fencing is on right now. NBC SP channel.

Water polo on regular NBC. Equestrian on USA network. Tennis on Bravo channel.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, I'm watching Women's Saber now on live streaming. Of course, just as with all the other fencing coverage they have ... NO COMMENTARY

So the audience, even those of us with some ability to discern amateur bout action, are left to wonder what the hell just happened.

We are watching I. Muhammad represent TEAM USA in women's saber. While I appreciate the fact that NBC is covering any of the women, I wonder why we can't see any of the actual stars on our team fence? Political correctness? The whole fencing world is all smitten with her, lots of articles. But not because of her ability. Her religion on the USA team overshadows better fencers and dominates the fencing press. I've got nothing against her but I simply believe that this sport is about skill and ability. She just lost. 15-11 with the last touch being an embarrassing lost touch by falling down at the end of the strip (piste).

Sorry for being so critical but I want to see team captain and 2 time Olympic Gold medal winner Mariel Zagunis. Or our 2nd highest ranked fencer Dagmara Wozniak. Both a international medal winners. One is the most decorated US fencer of all time.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, I'm watching Women's Saber now on live streaming. Of course, just as with all the other fencing coverage they have ... NO COMMENTARY

So the audience, even those of us with some ability to discern amateur bout action, are left to wonder what the hell just happened.

Sorry for being so critical but I want to see team captain and 2 time Olympic Gold medal winner Mariel Zagunis. Or our 2nd highest ranked fencer Dagmara Wozniak. Both a international medal winners. One is the most decorated US fencer of all time.
I was watching it yesterday and there was commentary. I didn't watch it this morning. I learned a few things and it was from the commentary.

The channel it was on has switched to basketball but the events listed did mention Zagunis and Wozniak.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was watching it yesterday and there was commentary. I didn't watch it this morning. I learned a few things and it was from the commentary.

The channel it was on has switched to basketball but the events listed did mention Zagunis and Wozniak.

They did have commentary on the broadcast of the Semi-Final and Final bouts of Men's Foil yesterday but I have heard ZERO commentary on any of the streaming coverage.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is the streaming I use on the computer.

I also use the official streaming channel from NBC (requires I sign in) that plays on ROKU

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gotcha. Sorry then, I have no idea why you're not hearing the commentators.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I watched some of the men's synchronized 10m platform diving, but didn't get to see much else.

China took the gold as they were awesome!
I thought our guys did great (silver) as well as the the two from Great Britain (bronze).

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
1432hab.jpg

:biggrin:

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter

We are watching I. Muhammad represent TEAM USA in women's saber. While I appreciate the fact that NBC is covering any of the women, I wonder why we can't see any of the actual stars on our team fence? Political correctness? The whole fencing world is all smitten with her, lots of articles. But not because of her ability. Her religion on the USA team overshadows better fencers and dominates the fencing press. I've got nothing against her but I simply believe that this sport is about skill and ability. She just lost. 15-11 with the last touch being an embarrassing lost touch by falling down at the end of the strip (piste).

An article I was reading said a CNN anchor didn't want Phelps to carry the American flag in the opening ceremony. They wanted him to give the flag to Muhammad. . :hammer::hammer::hammer:

http://www.teaparty.org/olympics-cn...lps-carry-flag-asked-let-muslim-carry-180662/