• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Interesting indictment of CA stupitidy with water resources

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The environmentalist and liberal elites love California. From the hard working manual laborers to the silicon valley geniuses, the manpower and the brains ought to be there to deal with the issues. Why do they kick common sense out of the state

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/why-californians-are-starved-of-water/ar-BBioR6F

One reality we know does not work: deliberate retardation of infrastructure to discourage consumption and population growth, in the manner of Jerry Brown’s small-is-beautiful campaign of the 1970s. Ossifying the 99 and 101 freeways at 1960s levels did not discourage drivers from using them. It only ensured slower commute times, more fossil fuel emissions and far more dangerous conditions, as more drivers fought for less driving space

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The picture caption says Folsom Lake at 17%? WTF!! It couldn't have been very big at 100%! Seriously? We're a tiny state up here, but we have mud holes bigger then that.

California is the perfect example of what happens when the childish liberals are left in charge and run all the right thinkers out. One gets the government they deserve and now must deal with the consequences of said decisions.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Now there's a novel idea. Try using "common sense" and "California" in the same sentence in a non negative way. Nah, not going to happen. California will be the first state to collapse. My only hope is that the federal government doesn't try to bail it out and thereby drag the rest of the country into the dumpster with it.

Drought has destroyed other great empires and city states in the region before. It's silly to think that it wouldn't happen in California at some point. Instead of building a high speed train service that nobody seems to want except the politicians, why not use the cash that they don't have to build desalination plants along the coast. Oh, I forgot, that would ruin the view from the Malibu mansions and upset the Greenies.

Kane

It seems as if the liberals are sabotaging California water resources so as to validate the global warming and/or climate change discussion. Take yer pick.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It seems as if the liberals are sabotaging California water resources so as to validate the global warming and/or climate change discussion. Take yer pick.

Yup!!! And they've turned thousands of acres back into desert supposedly to protect a fish.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
interesting,... I saw the EXACT same write up yesterday on a different forum, exact same linked copy, EXCEPT, it was for a different Ca lake ( also a MANMADE lake like Folsom lake that is used for irrigation purposes) https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...-oCYCQ&usg=AFQjCNFasqVJCsh74IYbCAE3KG1E_LnQGQ

the article tries to link global warming, drought, ect to the low water pool, but,............ the reason the lake is low is because of OVER CONSUMPTION of the water.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Funny how places where the rich live like Palm Springs always seem well watered.

Do as I say not as I do.