• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1974 Thiokol 1200C 1362.5 hrs on CL

alryA

Not mine. Found in Saida CO, USA. He added torsion axles!

https://rockies.craigslist.org/hvo/d/salida-snowcat-for-sale/7046781492.html

----------------------------------copied from CL ad------------------

‘74 Thiokol 1200C 1362.5 hrs

Do you have a cabin you’d like to get to you to in the winter? Have a prize bull that needs rescued at 12,000’ in January? Couple of tow trucks that need towed through 4’ of snow? Maybe you want to take yourself and 9 of your closest freinds skiing? Well this cat has done ALL of that and more!

Factory full cab, now seats 10 with front and rear heaters.
Custom built 6-way blade.
Upgraded to torsion axles.
Upgraded to solid front idler wheels
OC-12 rear end(most solid available)
Updated tracks, cut to make machine 8’ wide, fits down Jeep roads.
Custom dual battery setup with winch leads front and rear.
Electric fuel pump
Backup camera
Roof rack
Garage stored in summers
Can be hauled by 1ton pickup

I am willing to take reasonable offers. I travel for work and I’m only available on weekends for return messages or showings. Call or text 719-twothreenine-0684

Attachments

• 00t0t_klrb2lhRHe6_600x450.jpg
    00t0t_klrb2lhRHe6_600x450.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 425
  • 00N0N_4crv0RYjTpQ_600x450.jpg
    00N0N_4crv0RYjTpQ_600x450.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 428

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
not sure he upgraded the factory installed torsion axles.

A models had a coil spring type torsion axle.

B models were probably a mix

C models looked just like this rigs.

Not poking at it just hoping to learn

and I noticed the cut down tracks, I am not sure anyone cut anything. Its just a standard width rig. maybe it had an extra belt at one time but those are clearly B model grousers.

$.02

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Not a Thiokol expert at all...

But that doesn't look like a 1200C to me. Here's why:

- As redsqwrl points out the grousers are the earlier style...

- The 1200C has a Ford 300 I-6 engine and C6 automatic transmission. I don't see an automatic transmission shifter, but in photo 3 and photo 9, I see a manual transmission shift lever. I'm not sure about the B, but the 1201 and 1202 models came with a 170 cubic inch Ford I-6 and a four speed manual transmission.

- 1200C machines came with cast aluminum wheels and Goodyear "Monorail" tires in all positions. I believe the B series had those on the front axle, but used automotive style wheels with lug nuts on the other axles.

- The door configuration has me baffled. Two front doors, one rear door I get, but also two side doors? Not that it's a bad thing, just different.

There's probably a bunch more differences, but these are enough to cast some serious doubt on it being a C model....

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good thing the Thiokol is not running for public office. Some one would find out about a previous encounter with a Kristi, and declare an impeachment.

alryA

Gee guys, I personally have zero interest in this machine but why doesn't someone text him and ask about it. I'd guess he's got details wrong or its been updated over the years with a mix of parts but might be an interesting story, just the same.

cooper427

looks like "b" tracks with narrow track axles (wide track machines, the bogies/sprockets sit at the outboard side of body) when you cut wide track tracks down, they look out of balance because the inside is wider...dont know how it affects flotation or wear.