• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

President Trump Slams NFL for Massive Drop in TV Ratings

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
President Trump Slams NFL for Massive Drop in TV Ratings
by WARNER TODD HUSTON 9 Sep 2018

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/20...ump-slams-nfl-for-massive-drop-in-tv-ratings/

President Donald Trump took to Twitter on Sunday morning, to lament the massive ratings loss the league suffered in their season opener on Thursday night.
“Wow, NFL first game ratings are way down over an already really bad last year comparison,” the president Tweeted on Sept. 9. “Viewership declined 13%, the lowest in over a decade. If the players stood proudly for our Flag and Anthem, and it is all shown on broadcast, maybe ratings could come back? Otherwise worse!”

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Wow, NFL first game ratings are way down over an already really bad last year comparison. Viewership declined 13%, the lowest in over a decade. If the players stood proudly for our Flag and Anthem, and it is all shown on broadcast, maybe ratings could come back? Otherwise worse!
10:42 AM - Sep 9, 2018

46.5K people are talking about this

As Trump noted, ratings have been cratering for professional football for the previous two seasons, and it seems that the 2018 season is destined to become a third lousy season, at least if last week’s debut is any indication.

In 2016 the Denver Post noted that ratings for Monday Night Football were down by 20 points. Overall the NFL lost about 8 percent of its audience in 2016. And an accounting of the 2017 season found ratings falling an additional ten percent.

Thursday’s 2018 kickoff also found a drop in ratings. Numbers show that the Thursday kickoff for the season was down another eight percent over 2017’s first game of the year.

If the numbers continue to drop, the league might find yet another disastrous season as far as the ratings go.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
When the advertisers feel they're not getting their money's worth and start dropping out, then people in the NFL will get a very loud wake up call!!
Mike

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I wish President Trump would busy himself with anything else. I'm sure there are more important matters needing his attention. Rubbing the NFL's nose in the mess they are in will not help Trump and won't hurt the NFL any more. There is a core group that will watch the NFL no matter. I'm not in that group but some of my friends are.

It was tough but I have not seen one NFL play so far this year. I do miss it some, but I'll deal with that.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
When the advertisers feel they're not getting their money's worth and start dropping out, then people in the NFL will get a very loud wake up call!!
Mike

Don't count on it. Can you say NIKE'?

Coke, IMBEV/Bush Beer, General Motors, and even GEICO ( which stands for Government Employee Insurance CO) will continue to buy ads. And happy to pay less as viewership rating subside.

No the NFL has to step up or lose it's @ss Every player who kneels and sadly every player who stands, will have to take pay cuts. When that happens watch the SHTF.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
A handful of years ago a "professional athlete" - an oxymoron in my view - asked me if I'd ever seen one of his team's games; I told him no.
He asked why not, and wouldn't accept my evasions and refusal of free tickets, demanding an answer. When it became totally clear that this otherwise fairly intelligent guy wouldn't leave it alone until he got the truth; I told him I would climb in my car, drive over an hour each way, pay about $100 for parking and admission, in order to sit on a hard, uncomfortable seat and watch him "play" ball for around two hours when he was willing to pay an equal amount to come and watch me do my job for the same amount of time.

To his credit he immediately got both points and even agreed.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
A handful of years ago a "professional athlete" - an oxymoron in my view - asked me if I'd ever seen one of his team's games; I told him no.
He asked why not, and wouldn't accept my evasions and refusal of free tickets, demanding an answer. When it became totally clear that this otherwise fairly intelligent guy wouldn't leave it alone until he got the truth; I told him I would climb in my car, drive over an hour each way, pay about $100 for parking and admission, in order to sit on a hard, uncomfortable seat and watch him "play" ball for around two hours when he was willing to pay an equal amount to come and watch me do my job for the same amount of time.

To his credit he immediately got both points and even agreed.
Never thought of it that way. Good point!:wink: