• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

just editing some posts here

fleamailman

("...hi, here is where I will edit my posts a bit hewing them into something more me by my pen..." mentioned the goblin who was happy to chat with the humans while doing so though, adding "...normally I'm either on progressive writer's forums or getting banned from less progressive writer's forums, but I thought I'd try my luck at somewhere different again where there wouldn't be those writertypes who don't take this online presence seriously for their bookwriting instead, very commendable indeed, save that today's reality is that so few people read books that by the time one has got even on person to see the first line of an ebook, hundreds, if not thousands more will have seen a well placed post upon forumland...", at which point the goblin thanked the reader for reading this far, smiling to the words "...nobody reads my posts but it's always a somebody who replies...")

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

certainly, the goblin thanked the poster for pointing out the plight of the american economy of late, but either way, the goblin's mind, or whatever little remained of it that is, was musing on the idea that somehow those federal financial institutions could solve much of that accusation, that the market is somehow out of touch, or insensitive, or even irrelevant to mr joe average, if they were to better entice the average american here to participate more in the stock exchange, but how then, by for example creating some special issue treasury bonds that convert upon their maturity straight into foodstamps, "...yes, these so called foodstamp bonds could be traded freely on the open market, so that the one in five americans receiving foodstamps at the moment would be able to keep track of their investment in the US economy so to speak..." ventured the goblin, somehow aware that without some sort of intervention soon, his much needed supply of american peanut butter could well be in serious jeopardy, perish the thought

LoneRangerandTonto.jpg

fleamailman

("...thank you my dear human, that is if I may so bold as to call you one now..." went the goblin doing his level best to welcome posters here too, adding "...as long as you do not confess to being a writertype I am sure we will get along ever so well, where even if you say you're a writertype then I will stil befriend you where I can can, only that I'll speak slower I guess...")

repost from elsewhere. the "marketing and self promotion" thread

"...naah, not for me..." went the goblin, adding "...and anyway, it's as good as published when one has hit the "post" button here, so I'll just let others conquer that bookworld still, while I'll take on forumland instead and devil take the hindmost...", somehow the goblin was thinking about dr johnson now who as someone in his day had been known as a man of letters, so the goblin just went "...well that's good enough for me I suppose, let's settle for a goblin of posts here, and besides, how many other goblins am I up against anyway..."

marsattack-2.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

So you're saying that eccentric is good? But just how much being eccentric is good?
"...well in dailylife I imagine one's eccentricity is good until society locks one up for it, whereas on forumland it's just good until one gets locked out for it, though I wonder who amongst us would like to think of themselves as some drab normal anyway..." replied the goblin who felt himself to be very normal indeed as far as goblins went

nurseratched.jpg

fleamailman

Quite frankly, a little goblin goes a long way. Just sayin'.

("...and I like being here too..." replied the goblin in all honesty now, simply he was away from his usual haunts then, so those he met here he imagined to be fun, just here to converse then, saying "...at times it gets so dull just being who one is in the mirror, like one's age, or one's status, a real madame bovary for want of a better term for it, no, instead and since this virtual reality here, why not be whatever you like now..." wherever forumland offered its minions the choice between either wendy's or peter pan's fate, smiling "...reality is what it makes of you, yet virtual reality is what you make of it I imagine...")

repost from elsewhere

the goblin was feeling better, but he understood that life, as one gets older, shuns the elderly for being old, ugly, or whatever, but the goblin knew too, that it was "all up to him now", in that if he had to become someone old, someone treated like some iceberg by others, then like that iceberg then, only one fifth of him would remain visible as in his dailylife where that other four fifths of him would be submerged on forumland as something far more than either that man seen in the mirror, or any other of those real-life fettering categorizations could offer, so he simply repeated "...you and I are what we create here, and my persona, my internet-self then, is going to be amazingly deep and real, promise, or I will die trying, no, let's make it both of those aims here, for this is my journey to self now, which is also one's journey to death too..."

TreeofWishes.jpg

Last edited:

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

the goblin remembered too, those white chalk stones clearly but there were none where his childhood beach was, he had first seen them and only seen them on the car drive down to cornwall, even now they still conjured up the relentless wind streaming in from the sea to the goblin who, refusing to turn his head away from the view, had born the brunt for as long as he could till, in the end, the teasing cold sea wind had eventually forced the goblin to look away, and in that sole instant, that the goblin had blinked that is, his laughing past had snatched the moment from his then present, "...next time I won't look away, ever..." he had promised himself ever since, but the muse just laughed saying "...silly goblin, you can't out stare the sea, you should know that much by now, ah but goblin, if you look long enough the sea might just wink at you instead..." the goblin smiled at the thought, yes the muse just had such a way with ideas then

00GLZf-29870484.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, that time of year

"...well this is the big night folks..." says the broadcaster over the radio in the bistro to a goblin who couldn't think what to type next, the guy continues "...that's right, the night you've been waiting for, for tonight folks, you'll get to hear who, amongst the many nominees in the various categories, will finally walk away with a fruitcake in this year's "box of frogs" awards..." and yet in listening in the goblin felt old and out of it, he simply couldn't remember who any of these stars, who had turned up at davos this year that is, were, nor even how it mattered now

walter22.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

the goblin never forgot hemingway's ways famous line "If you are lucky enough to have lived in paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for paris is a movable feast", and then the goblin felt that he too, should try for a quote, saying "..."if you are lucky enough to have lived in london as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for london is meals on wheels then..."

D_019337.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

the goblin admitted that the trouble with his life was not knowing its duration, "...you see, if I had but a short time to live, then even a small amount of money would make me relatively rich whereas, if I were to live well into my old age, then I am poor no matter how much money I may have..." ventured the goblin, adding "...so a "fear of poverty" is the mindset of older people for this very reason, it's as if their future played cat and mouse with them in that no one wished to be caught yet no one knew how long that chaise would continue neither..."

2ceb87869ca14f46b6a39820fa90837c6b3.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

hey! whats new everyone

"...not sure myself..." replied the goblin recovering from his cold, but now a bit worried in fact that the american administration, was just following the spanish empire in 17th century down her road to ruin here, adding "...well, the parallel is clear enough, I mean same fervor at the top, same problem of logistics, same high cost too, where slowly demoralization creeps in, troops go unpaid or ill equipped, mutinies within the ranks, and final pullout, at the cost of her empire, for if spain had cut her loses at the start, she wouldn't have paved the way for the french empire first, followed by the british empire after that...", simply spain had the new world with an almost unlimited supply of silver at the time, concluding "...so if spain with unlimited finance couldn't defeat the various states in the netherlands, how could it possibly be then, that america, with its multi trillion dollar debt at this point, can somehow subdue the afghanistan tribes indefinitely here...", simply, that same old writing was on the wall, and it still read either pull out or bleed on

0315-Afghanistan-war-taliban_full_600.jpg

Kane

Check the yellow pages, goblin. Your locale is sure to offer free counseling at one of its community centers.

fleamailman

Check the yellow pages, goblin. Your locale is sure to offer free counseling at one of its community centers.

the goblin welcomed kane to a seemingly normal forum with average members upon it, perhaps guessing that somehow he too had realized that something was amiss here, that they were, all to a man, just KGB agents just practicing to be humdrum housewives, "...yes, you're asking yourself how in your heart you knew this all along, that is how when comrade admin appealed to her fellow proletariat members to rally up against the constraints of capitalism, you couldn't quite buy into the hidden bolshevik ideology there..." said the goblin pausing for the exact words again, he then continued "...no, like me, you didn't fall for it because their deception was in its way just too perfect to be real so it had to be false then...", "...brilliant holmes..." came the voice in the background as the goblin's three pipe solution was once more pressed into his pipe "...elementary my dear fellow, no one can post on this forum longer than three weeks without going mad, and the rest was just a simple deduction from there then...", where somehow the solution smoldered away in the goblin's mind now

65933577_holmes04xk1.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

"...perhaps then..." the goblin mused on seeing his posts to date "...it's the very fact that one fits badly into one's own existence that makes one all that more aware of it...", at which point death, sitting on the chair opposite the goblin smoking a cigarette ventured "...too true goblin, most people wake up in their beds before their alarm clock goes off, they note how much time is left before that clock will ring and then they choose between sleeping on or staying awake in their beds, only that the real truth is that the alarm clock could go off at any moment...", "...ok, but then what do you suggest..." asked the goblin curiously, "...nothing really, depends on the individual I guess, how about you goblin, would you stay awake or sleep on or in their place..." but the goblin couldn't answer that question, at least he couldn't find the right answer to reply with, so death simply grew a smile upon his face again, admitting "...well now goblin, I suppose that if you could actually answer that question, then your alarm clock should have gone off by now..."

a175695ec732fd6d06465fd1837e492b.jpg

Kane

Seems the goblin is just too clever for his own good. Alas, genius is a lonely affliction, leading one to mutter to one's self.

fleamailman

Seems the goblin is just too clever for his own good. Alas, genius is a lonely affliction, leading one to mutter to one's self.

("...well, writing is mostly muttering to oneself I guess..." ventured the goblin thinking Kane was good company too, adding "...and when not actually writing per se, perhaps it's sipping coffee to one's thoughts in the intervals between then...", in fact, the goblin needed a thread like this to edit his posts upon, but he loved conversing with those who just showed up, saying "...and now, how about you Kane, what is it you want from being on forumland, would you like to more with your posts...")

repost from elsewhere

I think maybe you'll win this competition Flea - you never run out of things to say
"...too true..." replied the goblin, adding "...but actually it's a battle against one's own indifference here, in that first one sets a quota like "one post a day", asking oneself what in my life is worth posting, then one types out a text, perhaps adding a matching picture to dress it, where then one posts the result across as many "last post" threads as one can so as not to lose it, afterwhich one just dies like everyone else does...", at which point most people think "well why bother then" but the goblin knew that that was the difference between a shared and an unshared life, and that most people hadn't the slightest clue what that meant as they were probably too caught up in their dailylife and all that bidding of the moneygod again to simply see it for themselves, whereupon the goblin just spelled it out now, saying "...their muse sleeps I guess, well that's their choice perhaps, but not mine now, ah no, I want to know myself by what I post..."

DH01_03.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, the "what are you thinking" thread

the goblin was thinking about how little television he actually watched now that the computer seemed to offer everything in its place, only that in its freedom of choice the computer, unlike the television, didn't force one to watch the news, so the goblin felt that he was often behind in keeping up with the news, saying "...ah, but on the other hand, the news of late does seem somewhat one-sided, where I'm almost glad to be missing it even, and to explain why let's imagine for example, that the british were striking possible IRA sites in ireland from the air, and then massing ground troupes on the boarder for a massive incursion, and then on top of this, that the british were then to announce on behalf of the suffering irish that there was no humanitarian crisis whatsoever, and where, if this was really the case then, that perhaps then the news coverage might possibly be portrayed slightly differently by the american media here, well at least slightly differently than it has in its coverage about the gaza incursion by israel..."

rockwell_mississippi.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

the goblin wanted to support this forum and therefore felt that some pictures were in order here, saying "...well yes, the pictures are there to help people with reading difficulties, whereas the texts are just there for those with mental problems, and for those with both I suppose I could link them to MTV if they so wished..."

027.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

today the goblin was thinking about someone who had lost over 1000 posts from being banned somewhere, "...well that explains why I post across forumland now...", simply, anyone could lock someone's threads, or delete or edit their posts, or ban them outright, where again, the forum or its server could fold, crash, start asking for money, anything then, whatever now, but none of this would effect the goblin one bit, since his posts were across forumland, that is across both forums and servers, again and again, such being the enduring power of forumland he felt, whereupon the goblin just remarked "...in fact, I could become a beggar on the street with nothing to my name, or ill in hospital then, but forumland would still have these posts across it now, and after me even..."

redhead.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, the "afterlife" thread

"...simply, you and I are anonymous, the number of posts, the hit rate, and all the other paraphernalia which goes up to create any member on a site actually means nothing because nothing can be proved here, nothing except the fact that I am writing this and you are reading it..." said the goblin whose goal remained to know himself from what he posted, adding "...you can't know the future, there is no way to know it because it is not here yet, but perhaps one can know oneself, because oneself is here all the time..."

Inka-Essenhigh-SettingSun05.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

Hey, fleamailman, I have a question for you. How much time did you invest in this thread?

"...very little..." replied the goblin, explaining "...the reposts are simply air/edit/backup now, where each time I repost something it gets feedback, while I get to edit it too, and where it becomes a backup should something happen to the original...", yet nothing actually mattered by it, in that he was anonymous and had been banned and so many times with his threads/posts erased so many times too, that he had arrived at an understanding now, a madness perhaps, that it was not so much what resulted form posting as gaining the ability to do post in itself that counted, saying "...think of this as the reader seeing the footprints of a creature that the author sees, the author writes hoping that his pen will capture the contours of the creature knowing that the creature is never caught by it, just it's that practice of capturing that the author is trying to perfect within himself each time...", and that was all it ever was he supposed, yet that all was everything too

1299386666763.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, the "please introduce yourself" thread

in fact by now the goblin didn't even know if his libido still worked, saying "...no doubt I'd probably start thinking about the appropriate lines and adjectives at the time, highly likely with all this writing now, transcendental lovemaking, subjective, looking on once more, as in "and how was it for you darling", replying "soft, firm, mechanical, overwhelming, intimate, passionate and somewhat messy too", admittedly not quite what she was expecting to hear then, but being her fault for asking...", so, as far as the goblin's lovelife was concerned, all speculations, and those conjectures that go with them, had not been put to test for quite some while now, simply "bets off" seemed easier to live with here, that is while accepting that at his age, like any age for that matter, there were both hardships and compensations, "...welcome to your transcendental "double life" goblin..." went slot's voice in the background again, adding "...please post your "out of self" experiences here, you usually do, don't you now goblin..."

Flying_Spaghetti_Monster-tm.jpg

fleamailman

the ghost of divorce

day turns to night, the droning darkness hides shapes and shadows of things past feels the goblin as he looks out across the lightly lit city of geneva, "...cold is king then..." he thinks aloud to himself alone with his thoughts "...and in the cold of night comes these ghosts, god I hate them as much as they must hate me too, they won't die till I do, I know that, and my mother's passing brings them back from where I thought I buried them inside..." the goblin's mind went back to his first marriage then, of letting go a little girl's hand and saying "...mummy and daddy are not happy..." and then the formalities of separation with an ex wife and a daughter of his first marriage at an ever acceptable distance, and each with new lives and partners, each understanding that "it was the only way", "the right thing to do", "one can't live a lie now can one", etc., but the goblin also knew that no amount of understanding ever puts this ghost to rest, time hadn't here, and he was struggling to say what he saw now "...so a death in the family puts family members back facing one another again..." said the goblin "...just our unspoken ghost will be sitting between us three I imagine, while we pretend to be nice to one another..."

DancingRaven.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

"...do you think I talk to myself slot...", "...no goblin you've got the muse and me to talk to, but mind you what with innerman lamenting the superficiality of outerman, and outerman craving "this, that, and the next thing", the wonder is not if you do actually talk to yourself, it's more how you can ever get a word in edgeways...", "...hello you two..." said the muse who popped in from the back room "...I heard that, is that you goblin worrying about whether you talk to yourself then...", "...um, well I, um...","...yep, he sure is, muse...", the slot had noticed the goblin was seated looking down at his shoes woefully, the muse put her hands down on his shoulders from behind him "...there there goblin I am sure you're not talking to yourself, any schizophrenic will tell you that much...", the man in the mirror found the whole image rather appealing as the goblin lifted his hand to his shoulder placing it on hers saying "...thanks muse but..., ...", "...goblin..." she moved around the chair to look at him clearly, then, placing a lone finger on his lips as only a woman could do, spoke softly "...anyone can post but only mad people make interesting posters, leave sanity for shallow people, we're different...", "...that's better Your Madnessty..." joked the slot as the goblin then started typing his hapless posts once more

1570651142_5d65d78821.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

"...feed me goblin, so many ghosts and so few posts...", "...but slot, what if many of those ghosts and still alive...", "...well just post their live ghosts then goblin, that's what the present becomes anyway, besides you promised the muse and had better do it before you become a ghost too...", "...ok alright slot, I remember it's "honesty, a shared life and thick skin" but I never thought this muse pact thingy would be so weird to live through, I mean they're everywhere and anytime...", "...goblin, people have their memories, writers have their ghosts, that's all, and those ghosts own you until you dispel them and that's all it is isn't it..." and with that the hungry slot and the haunted goblin just looked at each other as the ghosts closed in for the post once more

Inka-Essenhigh-DanceParty06.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

"...so what is a mere 13billion dollars in terms of jpmorgan chase's 1trillion dollar wealth..." asked the goblin knowing that it was less than 1% of its grand total, 0.013% in fact, while understanding too, that that was all it cost to bribe america's justice system today to get away with the largest fraud perpetrated in US history, saying "...thus jammie daimond finally admits to the fraud openly, where the US justice system, instead of meting out justice, just lets jpmorgan off the hook with a 13billion dollar fine with no incarcerations whatsoever, even allowing them to continue as before it seems...", in other words, that the increasing wealth gap had become an evident justice gap too, though what with the NSA to observe one, and the NDAA to enforce their will upon one too, the goblin strongly advised all americans not to protest lest they get arrested for speaking out in a country they no longer knew that was no longer america

0611-Jamie-Dimon_full_600.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, writer's forum, the "why do you write" thread

"...well, I imagine that I'm just like most writers I suppose, that is that I probably write because there's something serious wrong with me..." ventured the goblin, adding "...ah, but if it's any consolation to you, I'm not nearly as nuts as those who actually read my posts now, no I mean that they must be very far gone indeed even to have read this far, and then, right to the end of my post too, well who knows then, perhaps they'll never ever be sane again, or maybe they were never sane to begin with..."

jung-al7.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

"...so one's old age finally helps one to turn inwards..." said the goblin adding "...but why turn inwards only after one's old age has forced itself upon one...", somehow the goblin's battle for his mother against her slowly engulfing senility had shown him that much at least, that those who were ill prepared for their own retirement often suffered within the rudderless freedom of it, thus goblin just remarked "...so the real question for me here is how does one turn inwards then, seeing that all on my outside of myself is not mine to keep anyway, that everything other than these thoughts and feelings belongs to a dailylife that invariably takes back whatever it has offered without pity on its part nor choice on my part neither..."

001-114397_zps92ebb6de.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, a forum's "last post" thread

in the old house the mirror to the bathroom is always there, just as it has been since the goblin's childhood, its full length, and, to anyone else of course, it would be just another mirror, like any other mirror, that they pass in the course of their day that is, and yes the goblin too passes many mirrors in his day, except that each time the goblin looks into the depths of this one mirror he see himself yes, but besides seeing his own reflection as most people would, he also sees those ghosts of himself years before, not as some tease, nor as a premise for regret or something, no, only as something "matter of fact", as those ghosts were then, or as they still are perhaps, “...well it's a compromise goblin...” said one of them suddenly, continuing “...we don't get to live on into that “you” we see here, but we do retain our countenances which is more than I can say for you of course, you're dying goblin like everyone else that is, whereas we can't die, ah but we can't change neither, simply we're as “stuck aground” in your past, as you are “stuck adrift” in your present goblin, and we salute you too, for simply we owe ourselves to you then, that's all, dare I put it as, it's as if you are the “last post” of us now...”

u426d8OlfGdRtWpXi30e0xZsY48lmd.jpg

ravensmallqt9.jpg