• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1973 Triumph TR6

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
This car is in Milwaukee WI. $12K asking price.

If I were single, this is the type of car I'd buy to get the ladies. :mrgreen:

Now all I need to do is convince myself (and Vicky) that I need a completely impractical car to replace the dieing Monte Carlo.

Attachments

• 2674628965_025c679e36.jpg
    2674628965_025c679e36.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 270
  • 2674629047_5491761ff8.jpg
    2674629047_5491761ff8.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 274
  • 2674629127_40fdf74163.jpg
    2674629127_40fdf74163.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 269
  • 2674629359_c22cc94704.jpg
    2674629359_c22cc94704.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 270
  • 2675448332_cf371f567a.jpg
    2675448332_cf371f567a.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 269
  • 2675511614_d04b52d06b.jpg
    2675511614_d04b52d06b.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 264

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
THATS what I had when I was in High School! Handled like shit but was fun as hell to drive! Mine was white and wasnt nearly as showroom condition like the one you found.

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
THATS what I had when I was in High School! Handled like shit but was fun as hell to drive! Mine was white and wasnt nearly as showroom condition like the one you found.

Ahhh...Good old British engineering & spare parts made of cast unobtainium !!

Sounds like a match made in heaven !!

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Ahhh...Good old British engineering & spare parts made of cast unobtainium !!

Sounds like a match made in heaven !!

Actually, there is a huge aftermarket new parts supply for these cars. It's possible to build one from a catalog, including the frame.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Triumph Spitfires are better, particularly 1966, Mk2 versions in white with wire wheels.

AndyM

Charter Member
Now all I need to do is convince myself (and Vicky) that I need a completely impractical car to replace the dieing Monte Carlo.

Since our two little ones came in the last nine months, I haven't been able to convince my wife I "need" any of these kind of things... let me know how it works out for you! My new angle is classic 60's or early 70's station wagon, but haven't gotten too much farther yet.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had not seen a TR6 for a long time. A BIL had one in the 70's and I enjoyed the heck out of that car (it was canary yellow). Just this week a green one in mint condition showed up on a local car dealers lot. I've only admired it from my car as I drive by but I've been tempted to stop and check it out.

BoneheadNW

Back in the early 90's, a buddy of mine needed a garage to store his British racing green TR6 in. The deal was that he would store it in my garage only if I took it out for a spin at least once a week. I would let it warm up for a few minutes in the garage and then drive very mellow for a while thereafter. I never raced the thing around- it was fun just driving the speed limit up and down the coast hwy (I was living just north of San Diego at the time). Has to be the most enjoyable car I have ever driven!
Bonehead

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Triumph Spitfires are better, particularly 1966, Mk2 versions in white with wire wheels.

I always liked the Spitfire but never had the opportunity to drive one. I did drive the TR6 and the TR7. The TR7 seemed modernistic. Not the classic two seater like the Spitfire and TR6.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Back in the early 90's, a buddy of mine needed a garage to store his British racing green TR6 in. The deal was that he would store it in my garage only if I took it out for a spin at least once a week. I would let it warm up for a few minutes in the garage and then drive very mellow for a while thereafter. I never raced the thing around- it was fun just driving the speed limit up and down the coast hwy (I was living just north of San Diego at the time). Has to be the most enjoyable car I have ever driven!
Bonehead

I have heard that driving 40MPH can feel like 110MPH. Some people say it is because of the go-kart like design, others say it's because it feel like it is going to fall apart at 45MPH :yum:

BoneheadNW

As my dad always used to say, "Everything that falls off that car is made of the finest British workmanship!". Who cares- what a sweet ride it was!
Bone

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
That is one hell of a find Dave and my all time favourite next to the Triumph Stag.

It looks in prime condition would just say have a good carefull look on the underside...floor pans are prone to rot but with a good under sealer it would lasts for years....and the price to be honest sounds a real bargain.... something like that here could sell for as much as $39,000.

The Stag was a true belter as shown here....

Attachments

• stag.jpg
    stag.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 247
  • stag2.jpg
    stag2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 250
  • stag3.jpg
    stag3.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 243

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Did the 'Stag' make it to the states. I don't recall ever seeing one.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Did the 'Stag' make it to the states. I don't recall ever seeing one.

They were built here in the UK from 1970-1978....not sure if any made to to your side of the pond Doc but here they are becoming real scarce here.

The most popular came with a V8 3ltr engine....the hard top could be removed for the summer and just run with the soft top.

Like all Triumph cars they are prone to rot but look great when looked after.

edit.....looks like some made it your way http://www.chooseyouritem.com/classics/files/113000/113004.html

DAP

Tell me one thing, if you lift up the hood (bonnet), can you see the words "Lucas Parts" any where???

Run like hell if ya do!

:brows:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Tell me one thing, if you lift up the hood (bonnet), can you see the words "Lucas Parts" any where???

Run like hell if ya do!

:brows:

Actually, the entire wiring harness has been replaced.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
A few years back when I bought my armored or I should say Armoured Land Rover my brother spotted some spare lens covers in there boxes. The lens covers or glass covesr for the turn signals were produced by LUCAS. My brother said LUCAS was the Prince of Darkness since there stuff always broke and left you in the dark. I will be using LEDS.

sports850

Well this will hold it's value better than a boring car and be fun to drive as well . Even in the worst case scenario it'll be worth more than that stripping and selling in parts ....

Go buy it anyway , it's easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission :hide: