• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1982 Tucker

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Opening Bid is set at $5000

Auction Description:
1982 Tucker Snow Cat. dodge 360 engine, NP 5 speed manual trans. New rear track belts, all bearings repacked with many new bearings, transmission and transfer case rebuilt, all new u joints, new front drive line and many other new parts. local pickup or buyer can arrange shipping.

Attachments

• $_57-3.JPG
    $_57-3.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 566
  • $_57-2.JPG
    $_57-2.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 568
  • $_57-1.JPG
    $_57-1.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 560
  • $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 566

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Link didn't work for me...

The photos show a few things:

The left side kick panel (just forward of the door) and the right rear cab lower section (behind the door) both look rusted.

Exhaust stack is missing the top angled section, or cap of any kind. While that's obvious to anyone, I mention it because my first Tucker came with a rebuilt engine. Bill Guthrie told me water came in through the unprotected exhaust and destroyed the engine. I would think that would take more than a few raindrops, but if it's been sitting outside for a while I'd want to make sure the engine ran well and the exhaust system wasn't rusted out either.

Also (obviously) missing all the Tucker emblems on the front sides of the hood. These are no longer available from any source I've contacted.

The left door looks "tweaked" as even in the closed position you can see daylight just behind the window.

If it's a 1982 it must be early production as I believe that's when Tucker changed from the less than optimal butterfly style hood to the one-piece tilt forward type. I think they also changed the steering system by using a much shorter steering column and moving the orbitrol under the dash.

The all new sprockets are a plus, but when seeing the hydraulic ports just above the rear pintle hook it suggests use as a groomer. The apparent necessity of rebuilding the transmission and transfer case, as well as new U-joints imply some hard use.

teamster

1) The link did work the first day, can't find it on Ebay since.
2) It was listed on KSL for $9000 or trade for motorhome
3) My 1984 has a 4 speed, what or when could you get the 5 speed?

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
always liked the look of that body style... May be one day I'll find one that i will rebuild...

$9k isnt so bad, or is it?