• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cline Turbo Diesel Vamoose on CL

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone has more info on these, look like very interesting

http://duluth.craigslist.org/sno/4295879885.html

Up for sale is this awesome turbo diesel powered track vehicle. It was made by Cline Truck Manufacturing in 1989 and is powered by a very good running Cummins 4BT four cylinder turbo diesel that drives two independent hydrostatic drives to each 24" inch track. Both tracks were just rebuilt with brand new rubber belting and all new fasteners. The track idler tires are all solid rubber so you never have to worry about a flat. This machine runs and starts great with lots of power that will take you any place you want to go whether it's through snow, swamp or thick woods. This machine is the ultimate remote access vehicle or trail grooming machine for a club or personal property owner. Basically an unstoppable tracked machine that none of your buddies has. Also has brand new sliding side windows that are not pictured. Very fun and cool machine powered by Cummins turbo diesel not a small gas engine like many other tracked vehicles like Thiokol, Bombardier, Tucker or LMC tracked machines. Call 952-836-6487 to set up a time to see it, asking $10,900, you must come see this tracked vehicle before trying to negotiate on price. Machine is great for many uses like ice fishing, remote access, grooming, lake access, and showing off to your buddies etc.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 932

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We have rebuilt one similar to this they are hydrostatic not many were ever made tracks cleats are nonexistent anymore but could be changed. The one we rebuilt had a 6BT cummins the hydros were bad. I would not consider this a deep snow cat it will not float on the snow it will go through it to a point.....
Maybe 2 feet of soft snow then your done. Unless packed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 805

triknologist

I posted this ad for my buddy, this machine is very capable of going through well over 2 feet of snow. We recently drove it down an untouched powerline here in norhtern Minnesota that had 4 feet of snow over rolling hills and we made it anywhere we wanted to go. Give him a call if you are interesed in it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 804

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I like the machine it looks well built the grousers look tough as nails and it would make an awesome all season rig the only drawback I see if you ever needed one of those grousers have fun finding one.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I like the machine it looks well built the grousers look tough as nails and it would make an awesome all season rig the only drawback I see if you ever needed one of those grousers have fun finding one.

That's the issue with machines that have no "aftermarket" support., such a rare unit.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I posted this ad for my buddy, this machine is very capable of going through well over 2 feet of snow. We recently drove it down an untouched powerline here in norhtern Minnesota that had 4 feet of snow over rolling hills and we made it anywhere we wanted to go. Give him a call if you are interesed in it.

Any stats on the unit as far as ground pressure, it's weight & other specs.

Looks like a great machine, just not much info online on these units.

A good explanatory high quality video on YouTube would help the sale for sure, I for one would love to see it!!!

triknologist

It did not come with any literature or factory sprecs of any kind, definitely would have been nice. It's a Cummins 4BT motor to a Terrell dual hydrualic pump gear drive with two Sunstrand/Sauer M46 hydraulic pumps that drive independent Eaton Char-Lynn 10,000 series hydraulic motors to each track. The tracks are 24" wide consisting of three ply 5/8" rubber conveyor belting overlapping nine grousers for splicing. Grousers are two piece steel with full width main grouser that is very heavy duty and a secondary center section that is bolted with center two grouser bolts for extra rigidity I'm guessing. All tire guides are aluminum, tracks recently rebuilt with all new rubber and track fastener hardware. It has heat and a/c in cab as well as two hydraulic cooling radiators with fans and front mounted radiator with cooling fan. Seats three people with operator seated in center position in front of the two laterals. Has full set of gauges for oil pressure, engine temp, rpm, hours, fuel level etc. It's quite the machine with heavy duty and expensive drive components driven by a powerful and economical super reliable Cummins. I might have a video of it crawling around I'll try to post. It's a good machine in areas that do not have large inclines, better suited for frozen lakes and rolling hills but would do pretty well on steeper hils with a winch no doubt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 795

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It did not come with any literature or factory sprecs of any kind, definitely would have been nice. It's a Cummins 4BT motor to a Terrell dual hydrualic pump gear drive with two Sunstrand/Sauer M46 hydraulic pumps that drive independent Eaton Char-Lynn 10,000 series hydraulic motors to each track. The tracks are 24" wide consisting of three ply 5/8" rubber conveyor belting overlapping nine grousers for splicing. Grousers are two piece steel with full width main grouser that is very heavy duty and a secondary center section that is bolted with center two grouser bolts for extra rigidity I'm guessing. All tire guides are aluminum, tracks recently rebuilt with all new rubber and track fastener hardware. It has heat and a/c in cab as well as two hydraulic cooling radiators with fans and front mounted radiator with cooling fan. Seats three people with operator seated in center position in front of the two laterals. Has full set of gauges for oil pressure, engine temp, rpm, hours, fuel level etc. It's quite the machine with heavy duty and expensive drive components driven by a powerful and economical super reliable Cummins. I might have a video of it crawling around I'll try to post. It's a good machine in areas that do not have large inclines, better suited for frozen lakes and rolling hills but would do pretty well on steeper hils with a winch no doubt.

Will have to wait and see that video... :)

Advertising does wonders... :)

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 792

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

This looks like it would make a good machine for working around the property in ALL seasons too. The back bed would make it easy to haul stuff out to the fields and back.

But from the photo it looks like the bed is in pretty bad shape? Hard to tell. But the wood looks busted up. Probably needs the bed rebuilt.

I wonder what the overall length, width and total weight of this machine are? Also wonder what the load capacity is for the bed? Top speed?

This is something that I might be interested in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 781

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
There is a '95 CLINE Turbo Vamoose MTV 2150 w/225 h.p. Cummins and only 307hrs. for sale in WI. It's on the AWSC site. www.awsc.org :clap:

That machine was sold several years ago that is the one we fixed for a company
Put 36k in it to make it runnable but they are no deep snow machine only 4
Ever made of the 2150

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I think the bed just needs new planks you are right Bob that the all terrain capibilitys of that machine may be just what you are looking for. looking at the pictures on the cbt site it looks about the same size as a full sized pickup. juce drive means that you will likely not exceed 10mph.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Brad other than you can't find replacements what do you think about the grousers they look pretty stout to me. they actually look more durable than nodwell grousers

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think the bed just needs new planks you are right Bob that the all terrain capibilitys of that machine may be just what you are looking for. looking at the pictures on the cbt site it looks about the same size as a full sized pickup. juce drive means that you will likely not exceed 10mph.

I'm hoping it is smaller than a pick up truck. If not then I'm not interested. I can't get a full size truck down my paths in the woods.

10mph is awfully slow :ermm:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
But this one actually works!

Maybe if Al buys it it will break down.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
On a side note, the Cline Vamoose was considered for testing in Antarctica. There is an illustration on page 64 of this PDF file (black and white and blurry) => http://www.dtic.mil/get-tr-doc/pdf?AD=ADA236142

I can find NO reference to it actually succeeding in the Antarctic and it was not listed in the vehicle inventory.

Cline was mentioned on page 42 as a maker of vehicles.
The Vamoose was mentioned on page 43 (rt column) in a list of vehicles to be considered.
The Vamoose was listed on page 44, along with many others, for cargo transport.
The Vamoose was pictured on page 46, figure 31, but not additionally noted.

It does NOT appear to have actually ever been shipped to the South Pole or used by the research teams.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Brad other than you can't find replacements what do you think about the grousers they look pretty stout to me. they actually look more durable than nodwell grousers

The ones On the machine we worked on were almost all cracked, now that was a heavier machine about 13,000 pounds they were to hard, we had to send them in to take the temper out of them them bent 4130 plates for the middles and welded them then back for heat treat to 35-38 RC , sprockets were shot
Nonexistent also we had to make some.

IMO poor design on the hydraulics on side hills and steep slopes the way the hydraulic tank was designed it would be possible to cavitate the pumps and then
Your in trouble you can through 12k at it in heartbeat in repair

Never ever buy a hydrostatic machine without doing a pump test, might
Run fine till it warms up. Then stops

There is reason so few were made :whistling:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

The ones On the machine we worked on were almost all cracked, now that was a heavier machine about 13,000 pounds they were to hard, we had to send them in to take the temper out of them them bent 4130 plates for the middles and welded them then back for heat treat to 35-38 RC , sprockets were shot
Nonexistent also we had to make some.

IMO poor design on the hydraulics on side hills and steep slopes the way the hydraulic tank was designed it would be possible to cavitate the pumps and then
Your in trouble you can through 12k at it in heartbeat in repair

Never ever buy a hydrostatic machine without doing a pump test, might
Run fine till it warms up. Then stops

There is reason so few were made :whistling:

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Boggie,

While I have zero interest in this machine I find your perspective (based on personal experience) interesting and insightful.

Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge!

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
so I understand you would rather have a krusty with emergency fire wood in the attached to the tracks

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Still for sale, new price $8,000

I may still be interested in this (got to get my taxes filed first!).

Can we get some more detailed photos of this machine?

How long is the machine (overall length) and how wide is the machine (overall width)?