• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1967 Track Master for sale

R

Reddog

I know, I know..."Doug, you just got that thing! Now it's for sale, what is wrong with you??" Like I haven't heard that before....
Anyway, despite the fact that this rig has done everything I have asked it to, and I have spent several hours making what I want, the lack of use does not justify keeping it. If I could keep everything I have ever had, this is something that would definitely be one of the keepers. But I can't keep everything...
Some of you have followed my posts about this rig and some have not. To be brief, 1967 TM #940 with cut down tracks. 1600cc dual port, electronic ignition, led strobe, rotating beacon, good tires, belting is showing some age but more than serviceable. Overall a nice, rust free rig on a very functional trailer. Ready to go. I know this is approaching the end of the season, but maybe this will give those who are interested time to save up so they will have it for next season.
I'm asking 16,500.00 on the trailer. Might be able to help with delivery for expenses. I reserve the right to freak out and change my mind, I really do like this one...:unsure:
995018_10201472698196142_1758713676_n.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Doug I would keep it you just have tell the wife she can do a little less shopping. I would suggest tell her to sleep in a tent another season but you seem to have a nice little cabin.

R

Reddog

Don, Great idea! If it backfires, do you have room for me and the TM at your place?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
the lack of use does not justify keeping it.

Good God man !!!! With that kind of thinking I would have to get rid of both of my kristy's .:unsure::doh:

The truth be told ,,I am seriously considering selling both of mine as the wife and I have decided that we will no longer be in Snow country in the winter so I have no use for one .
Its a beautiful rig and I believe it will sale quickly . Best of luck :smile:

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Holy crap- there sure have been some nice rigs swapping hands the past month.

R

Reddog

Thanks Dave, I'll take that as a compliment, although mine has not swapped hands as yet...

R

Reddog

SOLD!
It was with mixed emotions and a heavy heart that I sent "Tilly" down the road yesterday.
Telesteeze came over from Steamboat and after some conversation and a short shakedown cruise, we struck a deal and he hooked on and headed off into the sunset. Really nice guy and I hope he and his family enjoy every minute the spend in the cat.

Thanks to all you folks who helped out on my TM project. Could not have done it without you. The TM was by far my favorite cat out of 5 and I'll miss it...unless I find another one....:brows:

Best Wishes to the entire FF family.

1044718_10201177184767167_1961026435_n.jpg

R

Reddog

Well within reasonable haggling distance. I didn't build in a lot of wiggle room....

TeleSteeze

After a 700+ mile road trip, made it back to Steamboat with the new Trac Master in tow.

Took it out for a test run around the property, and it flew up a hill (covered in 1 foot of consolidated spring snow) that gives my tractor a hard time in the summer. Amazing!

Many thanks to Reddog for all his help, here's a shot of the kids and our new toy.

Attachments

• 20140317_181413.jpg
    20140317_181413.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 550
Last edited:
R

Reddog

Very Cool! I love happy endings (or beginnings...)
Best Wishes and Happy Trails, Doug

jask

Congratulations! I am guessing the smile on the guy behind the camera is every bit as big as those three.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The rear ground clearance seems high are the track masters higher?

No but they have a longer track frame and the rear wheel is out behind the back of the cab. I just think that in the pic it looks higher is all. Side by side they are the same height to the floor of the cab.

Regards, Kirk

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
When the full width tracks are there they don't look so tall. I really like the herringbone narrow track look on that machine.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Congratulations on the sale...and the purchase. It's especially nice when a good machine goes to someone who appreciates it.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
No but they have a longer track frame and the rear wheel is out behind the back of the cab. I just think that in the pic it looks higher is all. Side by side they are the same height to the floor of the cab.

Regards, Kirk

kirk, are the rear wheels stock?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
kirk, are the rear wheels stock?

In the pics on the forum I have seen of this machine, yes they appear to be stock wheels on the rear. In this last pic the machine is sitting on some hard pack, and maybe this is what makes it look tall in the rear end.

Regards, Kirk

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
When the full width tracks are there they don't look so tall. I really like the herringbone narrow track look on that machine.

Mike I just think you like it that it could go down a trail and meet a snowmobile on the trail and still have enough room for both machines... to pass one another.:wink:

Regards, Kirk

SOLD!
It was with mixed emotions and a heavy heart that I sent "Tilly" down the road yesterday.
Telesteeze came over from Steamboat and after some conversation and a short shakedown cruise, we struck a deal and he hooked on and headed off into the sunset. Really nice guy and I hope he and his family enjoy every minute the spend in the cat.

Thanks to all you folks who helped out on my TM project. Could not have done it without you. The TM was by far my favorite cat out of 5 and I'll miss it...unless I find another one....:brows:

Best Wishes to the entire FF family.

1044718_10201177184767167_1961026435_n.jpg
I feel for ya man, that had to be hard selling your baby, and your all ready talking about another one! you poor soul, cant SHAKE IT CAN YOU! IT'S IN YOUR BLOOD.:yum: VERY NICE LOOKING MACHINE, YOU DID A NICE JOB.
LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE REALLY ENJOYING IT! THAT'S AWESOME!