• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Corona Virus spreading ... US official says no need to worry

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't understand why all the sudden face masks are mandatory for anyone going out in public.
This probably should have been the case months ago.
Dear America,
We're doing too much too late OR something unnecessary.
Welcome to the assbackward time in history.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
FB_IMG_1588076762382.jpg

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Face masks are sanitary theater for most of the population. 90% of the people don't know how to use them and are re-using nasty dirty masks that if anything are bacteria traps. The same people are still picking their asses and then fondling the food at the grocery store.

Fuck the mandatory masks. Fuck mandatory anything.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Face masks are sanitary theater for most of the population. 90% of the people don't know how to use them and are re-using nasty dirty masks that if anything are bacteria traps. The same people are still picking their asses and then fondling the food at the grocery store.

They started losing me in all this when the left started politicizing HCQ, just because Trump was supporting it. It made no difference to them if it worked or not, if Trump supported it, then they did not. It made no difference to them if it saved lives or not. This was to be all political. That is when they lost me.

Remember, at first, they said DO NOT WEAR MASKS. THEY DO NOT WORK!!! I started questioning why health care workers would wasted their time wearing something that was useless. Well, we all know that is not the case, so what the hell is up now?

Meanwhile, the lies, deceit. conflicting misinformation and disinformation continue unabated.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I think Fauci and co. have sold us a bill of goods. Now they find there were far more that had it with no symptoms. IMO they've all been shooting in the dark and presenting what they found as facts.
Mike

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

I had a breakout day today and went to town twice. Okay, I didn't spend 30 minutes in total in there but I think people have already said that enough is enough. I wore a mask but in the two places I was in I only saw one other person was wearing one. Nobody who worked in either of the places wore a mask. There was some cursory notice of social distancing but let's say that it was pretty fluid.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting read, sorry for the screen shot but I can't figure out how to post a link on this site. Anyway it goes on to explain how Faucci and Gates have filed a Patent together on a cure for the virus and stand to make millions or billions. Can you say conflict of interest.

Attachments

• IMG_0772.jpg
    IMG_0772.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 78

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Interesting read, sorry for the screen shot but I can't figure out how to post a link on this site. Anyway it goes on to explain how Faucci and Gates have filed a Patent together on a cure for the virus and stand to make millions or billions. Can you say conflict of interest.

I posted a long article that goes into Faucci's conflict of interest on here somewhere. He has a huge conflict of interest - as do most of the politicians involved.

The whole thing is stupid political.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
... edit...Meanwhile, the lies, deceit. conflicting misinformation and disinformation continue unabated.

I REALLY find it hard to believe that the U.S. has about 25% of the worlds deaths.

I've been in many 3rd world Sh4t Ho&e countries, and there is no way anything really contagious wouldn't affect them

Bannedjoe

I had a breakout day today and went to town twice. Okay, I didn't spend 30 minutes in total in there but I think people have already said that enough is enough. I wore a mask but in the two places I was in I only saw one other person was wearing one. Nobody who worked in either of the places wore a mask. There was some cursory notice of social distancing but let's say that it was pretty fluid.

I gave the homedopes another cash infusion today.

Indeed more people are out and about.
For the fist time since this BS, I had to wait outside in line to get in.

It didn't take long, but still, it was a first.

I stopped for fuel at the Petro on the way home, for some diesel.
The pump said they were out of premium, and midgrade, and my diesel pump stopped @ 4.5 gals?

I hung up and started it again, but no fuel.
Maybe I got the last of it?

Weird.

I'm just not getting along with the new world very well.

Even though I'm not down in it every day, I'm becoming awfully cranky and irritable.

Bannedjoe

Insanity.

A guy from down in town came up to help me install a door today on his day off.
He works at a gas station in our miniscule town.

He told me all the regular employees are quitting left and right.
I asked him why?

He said everyone is quitting so they can collect unemployment, which will compensate their full wages, plus a covid based government addition of $600 a week for many months to come.

Hell, when you can make more sitting at home than actually working, I guess I'd quit too, then just go back when the free money ends.

I can't even wrap my head around this shit.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Not many people can.

Even those of us in healthcare are just getting plain tired of this whole thing.
I've felt that something very strange has been going on from the beginning.
My life is on auto pilot until the bullshit ends.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Insanity.

A guy from down in town came up to help me install a door today on his day off.
He works at a gas station in our miniscule town.

He told me all the regular employees are quitting left and right.
I asked him why?

He said everyone is quitting so they can collect unemployment, which will compensate their full wages, plus a covid based government addition of $600 a week for many months to come.

Hell, when you can make more sitting at home than actually working, I guess I'd quit too, then just go back when the free money ends.

The worst thing is that we are doing this to ourselves. But it has been a long time coming.

This may be the end of the Republic as we know it - although I would argue the "Republic" has been dying since the 70's.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Since when could someone who quit collect unemployment?
I thought you could only collect if the employer let you go.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
My life is on auto pilot until the bullshit ends.

I think autopilot is the only answer at this point.
I’ve been a little ocd with going through timelines and reading news stories. All have a political bias pointing left or right. It’s not our fault it’s yours. No it’s your fault. No, it’s WHO’s fault. No, China is to blame. No, that’s racist. No, Cuomo didn’t act fast enough. No, Trump was warned early January. No, he closed China travel. No, it came from Europe via China. And on and on.

I’ve decided mistakes were made by all, no one acted fast enough, no one saw it coming, no one knows how bad it really is, was, is going to be, could have been, or the right way out. Blame everyone or no one. Thank the people that keep things going.

Trying to use confirmed cases as a basis for any understanding is stupid unless there were test results for everyone, Im tired of hearing that statistic. Deaths can be counted but that doesn’t tell us if the person was a day, week, month or years away from dying. There are too many variables to have a real understanding. It kills some people, most it doesn’t. It seems to be easily transmitted and can overwhelm hospitals, that has been figured out.

There are people that are getting really rich off this and there are a lot more people that are getting poor. I know this suggestion sounds communistic but the people that are profiting off this should be the ones that pay for this. I’m sure amazon has been raking it in with that being the only option to buy a lot of items. I read a story this morning that NY paid some guy 68 million for ventilators and received none, that should be life in prison or the death penalty for scamming during a crisis.
I need to give up on trying to make sense of it, waste of time and energy. Totally out of my control. I’ll wear my stupid mask so I can go in the store. Maybe that might prevent something somewhere. Ill take care of my orchard and garden and chickens and boys. I’ll be happy to do work on my house and property. I’m thankful I don’t live in a city, that wouldn’t be cool.

If I post anything else about Covid or politics please tell me to go back to the snowcat section. That I’ll only look at a couple of times in a day.

Thanks for letting me throw my thoughts around

Mike

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I agree with almost everything Backyardski said. I thought that it was a very eloquent response to the position we all find ourselves in.

One thing that is pissing me off right now are the counties in Texas and elsewhere who report "confirmed corona virus cases" and not "active corona virus cases". Seven weeks in to this thing, "confirmed corona virus cases" is a totally meaningless number.

My county is as guilty as all the rest. The count as of today stands at 9 confirmed cases in Wood County. Since I was goofing off all day I decided to do some research and make some phone calls. It seems that of those 9 "confirmed cases" in a population of 45K, 5 of them have already been treated and confirmed as virus free and released from quarantine. That only leaves 4 active cases in the whole county. That's what we are all panicked about. Now, I agree that people like me, who are in the super high risk and high risk groups, should still take precautions but that hardly seems reason enough to shut down the whole county and destroy people's livelihood and quality of life.

Just my bitch for today.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
One thing that is pissing me off right now are the counties in Texas and elsewhere who report "confirmed corona virus cases" and not "active corona virus cases". Seven weeks in to this thing, "confirmed corona virus cases" is a totally meaningless number.

There are 3 confirmed cases shown in my county. They went to a Doctor in another county who confirmed their infection. They’re reported against my county because they said they live here. No telling where they were when they got sick. Rumor is they are members of the same family.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
We have had one case in our county. Don't know if she tested positive or was just symptomatic. These heavy handed governors are going to back themselves into a put up or shut up corner. Newsome is just asking for it by shutting down the beaches in just one county. DeBlasio's handling of the Jewish funeral was ludicrous. I think some of them want to cause a civil war!!
Mike

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

PG, I'm not sure that the people will stand for another 4 weeks of "shelter in place".

At this point I think that we have moved well beyond "for the safety of the people" and we've moved in to the "destroy the Trump economy" and keep it in the dumpster for as long as possible so that the Dems have a chance of the White House in November. I'm beginning to think that it's part of a bigger plan. Nancy never misses an opportunity.

Texas starts opening up today. I talked to my friend who owns the BBQ place in town. He's excited but the virus didn't hit him too hard as 60% to 70% of his business was take-out anyway. He thought that initially he would be allowed 25% occupancy but the city informed him that since the County has so few cases he is allowed 50% occupancy. He was scrabbling around trying to find picnic tables and chairs to put out on the sidewalk and increase that number.

I can see Wings Wednesday and a craft beer on the horizon. Perhaps not. I'll get my wife to go in to town and bring some home. I still intend to hang out at the house for another couple of weeks and see what happens.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's not just you guys. They've got us by the short and curly's up here too. Though they just announced phase 1 of reopening the province is starting Monday allowing certain businesses to open.

Our 16 year old got a call from his boss today to come in on Monday. Restaurants can still only do delivery and curbside pickup for now but they want him to do some training I guess for when they can fully reopen.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Indiana is starting a SLOW reopening. 5 phases. Some counties will be delayed, including mine. Most counties will begin reopening on May 4.

The state is under Phase 1, which has the most restrictions. But starting Monday most counties, with the exception of the Indianapolis Metro area, plus a couple others, move to Phase 2. One of the keys to this reopening is that Indiana contracted with a private company that will begin testing. We are projected to be able to have 100,000 tests PER MONTH, in Indiana, by June. That will be interesting to see if that happens.

In the details, people over 65 and/or people who are "at risk" are to self isolate or take stronger social distancing measures for personal protection. It is very clear that the state is managing hospital resources, not health. So we are building our way toward "herd immunity" by managing the rate at which our citizen die off from Covid. But those over 65, and those "at risk" really are just waiting for a vaccine and need to try to stay healthy until a vaccine comes out.

Details here => https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.tow...-5643-8db8-b82f381ea446/5eac69badd8bd.pdf.pdf

Here is a SUMMARY of key points from the Indianapolis Star newspaper: https://www.indystar.com/story/news...rned-governor-eric-holcomb-update/3060909001/
Check the link for the full story!
Here's what Holcomb said about reopening:

• Holcomb said the state is using four principles to inform its reopening strategy: evidence of a 14-day decrease in the number of hospitalized patients, retaining the capacity of ICU beds and ventilators, the ability to test all Hoosiers who show symptoms of COVID-19, and the ability to contact trace all cases. The governor said the state has either met these principles are has ramped up efforts to do so.
  • Holcomb said reopening will happen in five stages, with the goal of having the state “back on track” by July 4. He cautioned that the plan is subject to change.
  • Stage 1 is the phase we have been in since mid-March. In this phase, essential manufacturing, construction, infrastructure, government, business and other critical operations remain open. Schools remain closed.
  • Stage 2 will begin on Monday, May 4 for most counties. Marion and Lake Counties can begin Stage 2 on May 11. Cass County can start Stage 2 on May 18. The stage includes: Those 65 and older or high-risk should remain at home as much as possible. Social gatherings can increase to 25 people. Restaurants can open at 50% capacity starting May 11. Essential travel restrictions will be lifted. Remaining manufacturers that were not considered essential will be able to open. Retail and commercial businesses will open at 50% capacity.
  • While state rules would allow Indianapolis to begin Phase 2 on May 11, a stay-at-home order for Marion County extends through May 15.
  • ​Restaurants and bars that serve food may open for dine-in starting May 11 at 50% capacity, but bar seating will remain closed.
  • Personal services such as hair salons and tattoo parlors can begin to open May 11 by appointment only. They must follow social distancing guidelines.
  • Those who work in office settings are encouraged to work remotely whenever possible.
  • Starting May 8, for all counties, Indiana worship services may convene, with social distancing, though virtual or drive-in services are still encouraged. Those 65 and older are asked to stay home.
  • On May 24, Stage 3 may begin: Those who are high-risk may venture out, cautiously. Those who can work remotely should continue to do so. Social gatherings of up to 100 people may occur. Retail stores and malls can go up to 75% capacity. Movie theaters can operate at 50% capacity.
  • If still on track, the state can move to Stage 4 by June 14. Face coverings will be optional. Zoos and museums can open at 50% capacity. Social gatherings of up to 250 will be allowed. State government buildings will reopen to the public. Office employees can resume work at full capacity. Retail can open at full capacity. Dining service can open at 75% capacity. Recreational sports and leagues can resume.
  • Stage 5 would begin July 4. Fairs, festivals and sporting events can resume, with social distancing guidelines. Remote work will still be optional. Retails stores, gyms, personal services and dining can operate at full capacity. Restrictions will be lifted at amusement parks and like facilities.

[*]At Stage 5, the state will decide how to approach the next school year.

• “Now comes the hard part,” Holcomb said. He said the plan will require “constant vigilance” from everyone, adding the number of cases will likely continue to increase. If the four principles aren’t met, the plan could change. “This is up to each and every one of us,” he said.
  • Holcomb said the point of the stay-at-home order was to make sure the state has the ability to treat patients, which requires slowing the spread of the virus. “Our effort going forward will be all about managing through this crisis. I’m praying for a vaccine but we gotta do what we can do right now.” Indiana State Department of Health Chief Medical Officer Lindsay Weaver added that the stay-at-home measures also protected those most at risk and helped hospitals prepare.
  • Holcomb said the state will support local municipalities – like Marion County and Indianapolis -- that make different reopening decisions based on their specific needs and data. The governor’s general counsel said, per state law, local communities can be more strict in their requirements than the state.
  • On the counties that will not enter Stage 2 on Monday, including Marion County, Weaver said the state has taken into consideration the referral patterns between hospitals. Officials also looked at the capacity of hospitals in those areas to make sure they can handle an influx of patients.
  • On balancing the public health and economic crisis, Holcomb said the state has taken a safety-first approach. “But we also don’t want to be reluctant to safely re-engage and restart and get back on track,” he said, adding that it’s “a little bit of science and a little bit of art.”
  • Weaver said 84 sites across the state are providing COVID-19 tests. The state will add an additional 50 sites through a partnership with OptumServe. The online portal including a map of locations is expected to be available Monday.
  • On the seemingly symbolic July 4 date for Stage Five, Holcomb said, “it just played out to July as we were looking at the data before us.” He reiterated the plan and dates could change depending on the data.

So all things considered, it looks like my household, with 3 at risk individuals, will be "social distancing" for a long time and will need to acquire more masks.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I know of someone whose girlfriend was in the hospital recently because of a bad fall with a head injury.
Doing a total health workup showed she has antibodies.
She was sick with "a flu" back in February.
Yeeeup!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have been tracking the 2nd WAVE that is rolling through China but I've been waiting for some of the more mainstream sources to report on it. It took a little while but today there are two sources reporting on China's newest wave. When they lock down cities they actually lock them down, not like here where it is treated as more of a suggestion and we still have 30 to 40% of our workers doing their jobs.

So for your reading enjoyment: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/china-shuts-down-city-after-22045886

China shuts down city after failed bid to contain second coronavirus outbreak
China's city Jilin is in the midst of a Wuhan-style lockdown after a botched attempt to contain a second wave of coronavirus infections which saw six officials get sacked

A bustling city in China with a population of 4.4 million people has announced a new Wuhan-style lockdown after a second wave of coronavirus infections.

Officials in Jilin, the former capital and second-largest city in Jilin Province, put Fengman District on "high alert" yesterday.

The district recorded three new locally transmitted cases and one further death.

It comes one week after Shulan, which is administered by Jilin, went on lockdown and quarantined 8,000 people in a failed bid to contain the second outbreak.

On Saturday, the local government sacked six officials, including Shulan Communist Party Chief Li Pengfei, over their handling of the second wave....

and

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...s-northeast-face-renewed-lockdown/ar-BB14ev9M

Over 100 Million in China’s Northeast Face Renewed Lockdown
(Bloomberg) --
Some 108 million people in China’s northeast region are being plunged back under lockdown conditions as a new and growing cluster of infections causes a backslide in the nation’s return to normal.

In an abrupt reversal of the re-opening taking place across the nation, cities in Jilin province have cut off trains and buses, shut schools and quarantined tens of thousands of people. The strict measures have dismayed many residents who had thought the worst of the nation’s epidemic was over.

People “are feeling more cautious again,” said Fan Pai, who works at a trading company in Shenyang, a city in nearby Liaoning province that’s also facing renewed restrictions. “Children playing outside are wearing masks again” and health care workers are walking around in protective gear, she said. “It’s frustrating because you don’t know when it will end.”

....​

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
In the details, people over 65 and/or people who are "at risk" are to self isolate or take stronger social distancing measures for personal protection. It is very clear that the state is managing hospital resources, not health. So we are building our way toward "herd immunity" by managing the rate at which our citizen die off from Covid. But those over 65, and those "at risk" really are just waiting for a vaccine and need to try to stay healthy until a vaccine comes out.

Bingo Bob, you have hit the jackpot again. That is exactly what most States are doing, some want everything shut down until there is a vaccine which may be years and by that time they will be back in the Stone Age.

Now the truth of the matter is that 70% to 80% of the population are going to catch this bug, less than 1% is going to die so lets get the f**k on with it. I'm one of those high risk individuals so I'm going to be taking precautions that a lot of people are not. That's their decision and my decision is mine but for God's sake, locking down the whole country indefinitely is not the answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bannedjoe

The town of Kingman AZ apparently has had enough of this shit.

I went to HD yesterday, and they had removed the moo cow stand outside cattle chutes, and were no longer counting people in and out of the store.

They still had one entrance marked in and the other out, but no one was paying attention, and the employees didn't care.
Some folks were wearing masks, but it didn't appear the employees were.

I then went to the autoparts store, no corralling or masks there either.

My tobacco store/gas station had been only using their drive thru or walk up service window.
Yesterday, they were allowing people in the store.

Enough of this bullshit already.