• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Moon Eclipse

leadarrows

From Face Book

Mike Mezeul II‎Weather Snapshot-Mr Twister

After spending 5 hours on a rooftop with an incredible view of Dallas, I was able to create this composite image showing the moon transition from full moon, to full lunar eclipse, and back. Each moon image was shot approximately 10 minutes apart to capture the entire transition. I hope you all enjoy! Feel free to share!

12074859_10100390784942587_4289254864501675152_n.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sadly it was cloudy and raining here. I was hoping to light a fire in the backyard and watch it go over. Instead when I went outside last night under our covered deck the sky was almost red in the area where the moon was supposed to be.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sadly it was cloudy and raining here. I was hoping to light a fire in the backyard and watch it go over. Instead when I went outside last night under our covered deck the sky was almost red in the area where the moon was supposed to be.

I had the same luck as you. Heavy cloud cover and light drizzle. When the fog rolled in we gave up. :sad:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

We had heavy scattered clouds for the first half of the eclipse, catching only glimpses of the moon as it was shaded by the earth's shadow. But once the eclipse was full the clouds disappeared and we were able to see the red colored blood moon as it then transitioned back to normal with the shadow of the earth gradually receeding.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
From St Louis it was 100 miles north or West to see this.
Although we could see a beautiful sunset. the sky never cleared overhead or to the east.

I guess it is always bigger and better in Texas!:clap:

Thanks for posting absolutely stunning shots of the event.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
That was neet there LA.....we had a great view of it here in the Ozarks......didnt even think of taking pictures though :clap::clap: