• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac TOYS

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I went away for a couple days and returned to find a box sitting on my desk in my office. Inside was a prize that I had been searching for. In fact there were 2 prize toys that I have not been able to track down until recently. It took time to get them because I found them on the other side of the world, in the care of a toy collector in Australia!

Below are 2 "R & L Cereal Toys" in average condition. I'm still looking for an unassembled version.

The toy maker was ROSENHAIN & LIPMANN Toys, more commonly referred to as R & L Toys. The toy was from the "Polar Base" collection of snap together toys and appears to have been made in 1967. Rosenhain & Lipmann was based in Melbourne, Australia. I beleive the toys were issued in Australia by Kelloggs, but they may have also been issued in the USA.

If anyone ever sees one of these I would greatly appreciate hearing about it as I would like to aquire one of these toys.

But for now I can make fake motor sounds and push them around . . . just like Big Al does with his KT7 :whistle:

Attachments

• 0toy.jpg
    0toy.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 262

Alp Trac

here is one for you snow trac lovers!

There are more snow trac 'toys' out there that are not on this thread.

These were on Ebay recently, I won one of them but the others went for silly money, the double pack with snow trac and DUKW was over a hundred dollars Aus! Any confessions from the forum??

Good luck

Attachments

• snow trac 2.doc
    36 KB · Views: 75
  • snow trac 3.doc
    44.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    175.5 KB · Views: 231
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    217.1 KB · Views: 231
Last edited by a moderator:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
here is one for you snow trac lovers!

There are more snow trac 'toys' out there that are not on this thread.

These were on Ebay recently, I won one of them but the others went for silly money, the double pack with snow trac and DUKW was over a hundred dollars Aus! Any confessions from the forum??

Good luck
Good find on those toys! Those are some great examples of the R&L Toys. They were made in Australia. The Kellogg Cereal company gave them away as prizes in cereal boxes in the 1970's. I've never been able to figure out what year exactly. Further, I've been told they Snow Trac toy was given away in the USA in boxes of cereal, but I've never seen one in the USA, except in collections. (I have a couple of them)

R&L Toys, using the same molds, also sold these as Snap-A-Roos under the Aurora brand. (I posted photos of mine somewhere in this thread)

On the Australian Ebay website I see the original R & L Toys from Kelloggs Cereal for sale occasionally (there was actually an auction that ended yesterday for 1, for AU$16.50. I considered bidding on it as it was a color that I don't own.)

Alp Trac

here is one more that I think is rather rare and cost me about 3 dollars on Ebay UK!

Does any one know where it might be from?

It is marked KELLY Hongkong, but Hongkong is spelt in reverse, showing the excellent quality of the mould maker!

It has two black rubber tracks which rotate.

Attachments

• big yellow plastic snow trac.jpg
    big yellow plastic snow trac.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 216

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey that is a new one! Or an old one that nobody else seems to be aware of. What a great find! It appears to be very similar to the Australian made injection molded plastic toys that I have (pictured in Post #31 above), but instead of molded track assemblies your model has real tracks. If you ever hear of another one of those up for sale I'd sure like to know about it, I'd love to add one to my collection.

Do you have any history on it other than its from Hong Kong?

What is the size of that toy?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've already got one of those! It may be a plastic snowcat, but it runs better than a Kristi :whistling:

my matchbox snow tracs.

Attachments

• phonepics1 387.jpg
    phonepics1 387.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 126
  • phonepics1 385.jpg
    phonepics1 385.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 130
  • phonepics1 390.jpg
    phonepics1 390.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 135

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow jim,

Are they painted in other colors in the UK than red? I don't think I ever saw one here that was any other color than red....

BTW that is quite the collection! You take them seriously. I worn one of the US imports shiney and trackless as a kid. Made an impression on me way back when. I beleive it had to have been 1965 or 66 or so....

Sure do like the real thing machine in the shop though!!

Regards, Kirk