• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A Snow Cat Tour

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I had to travel from southern Utah to central New Mexico this last week. I decided to take the long way, through Durango and Pagosa Springs, CO for the scenery. ALong the way I snapped some pictures of a cat or two.

This first one was in an equipment yard near Pagosa Springs. Not a real cat I guess, but tracked anyway....

Attachments

• ASV Front Quarter.JPG
    ASV Front Quarter.JPG
    180.8 KB · Views: 4,375
  • ASV Rear Quarter.JPG
    ASV Rear Quarter.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 4,046
  • ASV Front.JPG
    ASV Front.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 4,387

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Somewhere between Pagosa Springs and Wolf Creek I spied this little gem along the road. While snagging a quick picture of it, I saw a Spryte in the driveway behind some trucks. I went to the residence to ask if I could get a picture of it, but the lady of the house wasn't keen on the idea, so I left picture-less. Rats.

Attachments

• LMC 1450.JPG
    LMC 1450.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 4,083

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Finally, Wolf Creek. Too much to see, so little time.

They had a pile of DMCs and LMCs, a Tucker, a Pisten Bully, a Unimog (I think), AND THREE KRISTI KT-3s!!!

First, the DMCs/LMCs all lined up for new shoes...

Attachments

• LMC Shoeless Soldiers.JPG
    LMC Shoeless Soldiers.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 3,997
  • LMC Soldiers.JPG
    LMC Soldiers.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 3,846
  • LMC 3700 Trackless Side.JPG
    LMC 3700 Trackless Side.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 3,751
  • LMC Blue.JPG
    LMC Blue.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 3,635
  • LMC Cargo Box Wide Track.JPG
    LMC Cargo Box Wide Track.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 3,576
Last edited:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
The Tucker...

Attachments

• Tucker Track on Blocks.JPG
    Tucker Track on Blocks.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 3,299
  • Tucker Data Plate.JPG
    Tucker Data Plate.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 3,378
  • Tucker Rear Suspension.JPG
    Tucker Rear Suspension.JPG
    239.4 KB · Views: 3,360
  • Tucker Front Suspension.JPG
    Tucker Front Suspension.JPG
    251.2 KB · Views: 3,473
  • Tucker Side.JPG
    Tucker Side.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 3,508

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I assume this is a Unimog. Anyone know different?

I see mtmogs looking, sure to get the straight scoop shortly...

Attachments

• Unimog Side.JPG
    Unimog Side.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 3,177
  • Unimog Front Quarter.JPG
    Unimog Front Quarter.JPG
    201.3 KB · Views: 3,121
  • Unimog Rear.JPG
    Unimog Rear.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 3,024

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
And finally a Kristi. This is one of three Kristis owned by Davey Pitcher, owner of Wolf Creek Ski Area. He was kind enough to take the time to open the garage where he stores this one (SN 00139) just so I could snap a quick picture and climb around it a bit (not much room in there).

He has another, in Pagosa Springs I think, that is supposedly in very nice shape. I think he said his father purchased it new, but I may be mistaken.

And the third (SN 00072) is just a shell of its former self. No engine or drive train.

I hope to make it back there sometime when he and I have more time so I can see the other two.

Attachments

• Kristi KT-3 Rear.JPG
    Kristi KT-3 Rear.JPG
    196 KB · Views: 2,973
Last edited:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Due to time, no Pisten Bully picture. It was in the woods a bit. By the way, all of the cats pictured at Wolf Creek are in service and I don't think they are interested in selling any. Sorry.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
And finally a Kristi. This is one of three Kristis owned by Davey Pitcher, owner of Wolf Creek Ski Area. He was kind enough to take the time to open the garage where he stores this one (SN 00139) just so I could snap a quick picture and climb around it a bit (not much room in there).

He has another, in Pagosa Springs I think, that is supposedly in very nice shape. I think he said his father purchased it new, but I may be mistaken.

And the third (SN 00072) is just a shell of its former self. No engine or drive train.

I hope to make it back there sometime when he and I have more time so I can see the other two.

WHY is every Kristi we see broke down and in a garage? :moon: :poke: :rolleyes:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
The one in the garage ain't broke down. It sees snow every season. He locks it in the garage off-season to keep sneaky slow trac owners from stealing it or its ultra-advanced scientifically-engineered snow-conquering secrets. :17875:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
bobpierce,
Great pics and detective work. Keep posting what you find alongside the road. Traveling as you do can be boring until you find the real mission and purpose for your travels....:yum:

I am sure BigAl also appreciates your help in keeping the snot trac owners in line....:thumb:

When and if your travels bring you to WY or southern MT, let me know and I will buy you a beverage and show you a real snow cat like a Tucker Kitten....:yum:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
The one in the garage ain't broke down. It sees snow every season. He locks it in the garage off-season to keep sneaky slow trac owners from stealing it or its ultra-advanced scientifically-engineered snow-conquering secrets. :17875:

Your right its not broke! How could I have missed that. Its being used for a storage unit. The only thing they are good for! Sorry my bad. I guess the snow it sees every year is when the door gets open so they can pull something out of her. :pat:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
<snip>
When and if your travels bring you to WY or southern MT, let me know and I will buy you a beverage and show you a real snow cat like a Tucker Kitten....:yum:

I'm not scheduled to be in your neighborhood till this time next year, but in Oct I will be in western WY. Will try to get some time then for a ride in the Kitten. :thumb: Woohoo!. :thumb:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
MTNTOPPER, How do you like that Tucker Sno-Kitten?

I treat it like a Kristi and keep it in the garage...:thumb: We have never had the time to use it except to move it around in storage. But, unlike some snow cat wannabes on the forum and circus tent housed metal scrap pile wannabe snow cats, it does run and runs very good....:yum:

BigAl has let me join his club (KKK) and I like the free beer....:moon: :drink:

GYPSY

MTNTOPPER
Keep me in mind for your Kitten run in the fall. If I am available I'll bring my Kitten, aka Miss Kitty, by. We could have the largest gathering of running Kittens (2) in recent times. All she needs now is plug wires and the tracks tightened. Still looking for a track tightening tool. I would rather use it than the hammer.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Hell, Maybe Bob can bring his Kristi and then you guys would have the largest running Tucker Kittens and Kristi gathering in the world! Of course there would only be 1 Kristi but hey its still it would be a world record!:yum: Imagine that a running Kristi!

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Just told you about two MORE running Kristis above. Seems to me Polar has a running Kitten. That's 3 and 3. So what's the score on the Slow Masters? Put in a big fat ZERO for yerself and go from there. :poke:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I need to get a Kristi.
Being just an "honorary" member, Poobah (BigAl) makes me buy all the beer.

The one in Kanab, UT is still available. Even at the price they're asking, still a deal over say... a Snot Trac! If I had a place to store it, I'd probably just buy it. But I do that too much. The owner of my rented storage sheds has made enough money off me to run for and win a place in the state legislature.

Last edited:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Spied this in an equipment yard near Area 51 in NV. Not sure what they could possibly be using it for, not much but desert out there. Maybe they haul UFO nuts to the top of Tikaboo Peak in the winter?! It appeared to be undergoing PMRs.

Attachments

• A51.JPG
    A51.JPG
    217.4 KB · Views: 1,087

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Well, I will remember those comments when I have your KRISTI all torn down in the shop! lol. Remember mine was running before I decided to completely rebuild it. Picking up my frame rotissories today! Will pull the body and mount up the frame.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The one in Kanab, UT is still available. Even at the price they're asking, still a deal over say... a Snot Trac! If I had a place to store it, I'd probably just buy it. But I do that too much.
Bob,

I only need a Kristi to get out of buying the beer. I have too many other toys to get another. I'm also not in the right climate to justify a seasonal machine. I've seen a couple (although I don't recall what they're called) that are all-season which is something I may be able to consider. It looked kind of the shape of a VW bug with only a ROPS on the top. The pics I saw were setup for logging.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Just told you about two MORE running Kristis above. Seems to me Polar has a running Kitten. That's 3 and 3. So what's the score on the Slow Masters? Put in a big fat ZERO for yerself and go from there. :poke:

THERES more running Snow Tracs today than there were Kristis made!:coolshade

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob,

I only need a Kristi to get out of buying the beer. I have too many other toys to get another. I'm also not in the right climate to justify a seasonal machine. I've seen a couple (although I don't recall what they're called) that are all-season which is something I may be able to consider. It looked kind of the shape of a VW bug with only a ROPS on the top. The pics I saw were setup for logging.

Even if a Snot Trac wasn't a one-season machine, I still wouldn't recommend it. :yum:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Spotted these two while land-hunting in NH two weeks ago. Owned by the snowmobile club in Jefferson. One of the memebers was there and told me that these two were recent upgrades from two of the same makes. So, there may be an old Tucker sitting in a yard up there somewhere. He said there is another club in nearby Lancaster with a machine or two as well.

Note the registration sticker on the window. Anyone know the NH snow cat laws? I should find out since I hope to move there with my Kristi before the years out.

Attachments

• DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 862
  • DSC00002.JPG
    DSC00002.JPG
    271.6 KB · Views: 871
  • DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 877
  • DSC00005.JPG
    DSC00005.JPG
    236.8 KB · Views: 863
  • DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 840

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Note the registration sticker on the window. Anyone know the NH snow cat laws? I should find out since I hope to move there with my Kristi before the years out.[/QUOTE]

Bob like you said you will be bringing a Kristi. Everyone knows a Kristi isnt a "REAL" Snowcat.