• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

3 tractors purchased so far this year...

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
It's an addiction...I need help...

I bought the John Deere A's this summer - don't look too purdy but they shore run nice...and the road trip was an adventure!

Just signed the papers on the 6410...s'posed to be delivered Monday.
If I am no longer able to post, please send flowers.:eek:

Attachments

• 46A-1_small.JPG
    46A-1_small.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 6410-3-2.jpg
    6410-3-2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 6410-1-2.jpg
    6410-1-2.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just make sure they are all delivered dirty, that way you can claim you've had it parked out back for a long time and your wife just never noticed it.

For a few bucks more, my dealer will come out and do a "color match" of the mud on my property so that when he delivers implements and equipment it shows up with the proper shade of dirt on it and it aids with the cover story that it has been sitting out back since last season! :whistle:

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Just make sure they are all delivered dirty, that way you can claim you've had it parked out back for a long time and your wife just never noticed it.

For a few bucks more, my dealer will come out and do a "color match" of the mud on my property so that when he delivers implements and equipment it shows up with the proper shade of dirt on it and it aids with the cover story that it has been sitting out back since last season! :whistle:

Could you forward his address?
Nah...I think she will notice no matter what I do...:D

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Is that 6410 new? Have you started moving all the warm blankets into the dog house yet? :yum:
Man, I would be on lever and button overload with that thing looking at that console! :D

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sweet!!!

You just made many/most/all of us jealous though...

What's that other tractor sitting in the barn in your most recent pic?

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
bczoom said:
Sweet!!!

No doubt, talk about giving us a case of tractor envy :mad:

Seriously though, great pics! Not sure which you'll have more fun with, the As or the 6410. :cool2:

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
bczoom said:
Sweet!!!

A 4 wheel drive Case. The barn is at the tractor's previous home.

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Spiffy1 said:
No doubt, talk about giving us a case of tractor envy :mad:

Seriously though, great pics! Not sure which you'll have more fun with, the As or the 6410. :cool2:

Waiting for the 6410, I had a little time and a lot of beer.
I hooked the '46 A up to an antique corn sheller I had bought a couple years ago...not thinking at the time that it runs off a belt and I didn't have a tractor with a flywheel...:D

"Gosh dear - I HAD to buy the A's so I could use the corn sheller!"

I'll try to get pics tomorrow.

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Mith said:
Is that 6410 new? Have you started moving all the warm blankets into the dog house yet? :yum:
Man, I would be on lever and button overload with that thing looking at that console! :D

It's not new, but almost! 1998 with only 642 hours on it...at least that's what it had when I got done trying it out.
Dog House? They sleep in the bed. I'm thinking maybe just move the blankets into the cab of the tractor.
Or just turn up the heater!
Just THINKING of all the levers and buttons is giving me carpal tunnel.
I wonder if I can sue me...:pat:

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
bczoom said:
Sweet!!!

My Case doesn't have a cab, but the one in the barn doesn't have a loader like mine, so I guess were even.

Attachments

• Case_Snow.JPG
    Case_Snow.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 92

JimR

Charter Member
Hey your John Deere motors on the old tractors fell over and are laying down. :yum: :yum: :yum:
I like the Big Boy 6410. What a nice machine those are. I could sell my gun collection and buy one of them. I think the wife would appreciate that also.

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
JimR said:
Hey your John Deere motors on the old tractors fell over and are laying down. :yum: :yum: :yum:
I like the Big Boy 6410. What a nice machine those are. I could sell my gun collection and buy one of them. I think the wife would appreciate that also.

Well of course they're laying down...they're tired!

The weather has been wet and nasty the past couple of days - how I love that cab! Stereo, heat, headlights on the top, back , bottom, sides...

Sure can get alot done when you aren't wet and miserable.

JimR

Charter Member
Speaking of cabs. I have one on my Cub. I was going to remove it when I first bought the tractor. I'm glad now that I didn't. It is so nice to have when out mowing in the sun. Plus during wet weather I can still use the tractor to do work. It also has a heater for the raw days we are now starting to have.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yo Mike, welcome to our sandbox.
I hope you visit and post often.
I'm sure you'll see a few names you recognize over here. :D

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm not addicted to tractors - yet, but old machinery does have a fascination for me too, as you know. Well actually, thinking about it, I DO have an old tractor too, a Zetor. Photos can be arranged if you want!

I don't have a 'her indoors' or even, in my case it would be a 'him indoors', so I don't have anyone to have to make excuse too, except myself!