• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Are Are Husqvarna "Rims" and Cub Cadet the Same

Bamby

I've got a older 1810 Cub Cadet lawn tractor that well is in serious need of new rear tires and rims. I ran calcium in them for years until they developed leaks and then resorted to tubes, anyway I had a tire failure mowing the yard yesterday and the tires are now hard and dry-rotted with age and really in need of replacement and the rims are compromised from the past use of calcium.

Anyway I found a source of brand new Husqvarna rims mounted with new AG tires for $200 with free ship to store. This is a better price than I can find locally at least for just the tires alone but I can't seem to find a verifiable link or source to confirm they will fit the Cub.

Does anyone here know if this rim conversion will work for me... :unsure:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would measure the hole size in the old rim, and the bolt hole diameter. And of course the number of wheel lug bolts. This should be a standard size...

My fear is the newer rims are going to be metric. Best you can do is call and see if someone can measure the center hole and lug diameter from your source. Don't be too surprised if you find it won't work out....

Regards, Kirk

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
They're all MTD products, aren't they? They may have consolidated basic parts like tires into standards to save some money.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yea, Husq changes parent companies more then I change my panties but I wasn't sure if their tractor division was spun off. Or am I thinking of Troy Bilt?

Bamby

Troy Built is MTD now for sure... My Cub is of Pre-MTD in manufacture. Basically it still runs like a champ though admitting it's no longer what I'd call pretty. I'm guessing it's about 25 years old and basically all original except replacement belts, plugs, oil and filters. It's got grease fittings on all moving parts and I'm aware of how to utilize the grease gun. :smile:

Anyway I may have a line on how to get my paws on a husky rim to trial fit it to mine for application to my lawn tractor.. If the conversion works or even if it doesn't I'll update this thread with the results.. :flowers: