• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Chain Of Events.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Anyone remember the chain of events that set them on the path of the Life they live???

Mine was thinking with my knob.....getting a young lady pregnant.....getting married .....brother died in a road accident(he was 16)......getting divorced......Father died from Heart attack he was aged 52.

All happened from my age of 18-24.

Can go more into detail but for sure them events set me on the path i live....not bitter just know what made me the man i am today.....anyone else know what chain of events made them who they are today??

Could be a interesting thread.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Constantly on the go (moving a lot) growing up.
Raised in a very conservative Catholic household- a lot of that time spent with Grandparents as well.
Experiencing a lot of premature deaths in my family.
These things are what I think made me who I am today, no doubt.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Dad was in and out of our lives for most of my teen years then finally divorced mom when I was 19. I learned to put food on the table as a youngster and do most any repairs that needed done early in life. Learned to be financially frugal and not end up like he did as I aged. Would have to say I really have no regrets how things have gone as I only have myself to answer to if I don't like it. Had a great father in law and learned a good bit from him when we were first starting out. Lot of respect for those who were raised in one parent households. It is a wear on all involved.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Very long story for me and for the most part not very pleasant.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
For Pete Sake I am still trying to work on something for your "What you Wanted to Do in Life" thread.:ermm:

No rush.....i am only 38 so i can wait:yum::yum::yum:

Sorry for the serious thoughts and questions....i just like to be honest and open....if i think it i say it.....yes that does get me in trouble at times.

Thanks for the replies so far.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
No rush.....i am only 38 so i can wait:yum::yum::yum:

Sorry for the serious thoughts and questions....i just like to be honest and open....if i think it i say it.....yes that does get me in trouble at times.

Thanks for the replies so far.

No wonder you come home all the time from the bar all beat up.:wink:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Let's see.

Mom died when I was 7 after being in and out of hospital for years. Brought up by my father. He was a good, good man. He remarried when I was 16. I quit school when I was 17 and went to work. Got married when I was 21 and had 2 sons, both great kids now both happily married with tribes of their own. Went to university when I was 24, graduated when I was 27 and went to work in the oilfield. Got divorced when I was 28. She couldn't stand me being gone all the time, leaving her at home to manage everything. Led the life of a hardworking playboy from 28 to 32 when I met and married my life's partner. Went back to university at 33 and graduated with a master's at 34. From the age of 32 on my life has been very, very good. Actually, it was an absolute ball from the time I was divorced at 28. When I come to think of it, the whole friggin' thing hasn't been too bad. I wouldn't change any of it. It's still pretty darned good at 63. :clap::clap::clap:

Sorry this is so long but I'm a lot older that most. :)

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I for one, was put into a |"make or break" situation right from the getgo. I had a stable home life with both parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles etc there to support me.

My chain of events happened when I was 5 and in a bad accident in which I ended up in a coma for 3 weeks. The doctors at the time did not know if I would ever wake up or how much damage would be left if I did wake up. Some thought I would be in a wheelchair for the rest of my life after that.

What started my chain of events were those bunch of two faced hypocryte catholic teachers at the catholic school I went to. I know they tried to be good teachers but basically alienating certain students and constantly pointing out their faults does not help a student. I decided then that I was better then that and I would succeed. I just did the grin and bear it thing till getting out of there in grade 8. It basically made me grow up allot sooner than others. In high school, I began focusing my efforts on helping others. At risk of repeating myself, I'll leave it at that and refer to the other thread started by Galvi.

I'm a believer that everything happens for a reason and what doesn't break you only makes you stronger.

I'm currently getting out of a 10 yr marriage because I couldn't stand to be torn down any longer and be made to feel like a second class citizen living with a self-centered, two faced, lying, cheating, money hungry, heartless female dog.

Again, what doesn't break me only makes me stronger. I tend to wear my heart on my sleave now and down let anyone walk all over me anymore. Those two faced hypocrites back in grade school started that with me.