• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A fair analogy on Kioti pride?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Below is a copy of my last post on a tractor site.
I was trying to give my perspective on why Kioti owners are so proud. I still believe what I said was fair and true but wanted some opinions. (BTW, the thread was closed very shortly after this post).

OK, if Bob's analogy isn't sticking, let's see if this works.

A tree started growing 100 years ago.
As it starts to grow, it obviously branches.
The lowest branch becomes strong and reliable. Conditions are good and it is there forever. Here is the branch where the Deere owners sit.

As the tree continues to grow, more branches emerge. Some do well, and flourish. IH, Ford, Farmall, Oliver...

Still more growth and new ones appear and too become strong. Kubota owners sit on this branch.

Over the years though, the tree changes. Some branches die off or get entangled with other branches. This = mergers or brands dieing off. People on these branches normally grab for a different (stronger) branch below them.

Now, there's relatively new branches (Kioti and other brands). Kioti (and other brand) owners of these are (to the people below them) "out on a limb". You are proud as you see that you're branch seems strong, reliable and will flourish. You voice your pride and looking down the tree at the people on the other branches you say how great it is.

The people sitting on the lower branches look up and ponder. Will the branch hold? Will it flourish or die? If it does hold, the view may be better and they may take a closer look but some may stay where they are due to comfort.

So, I think the Kioti owners are proud of their new find. But, many tout that their branch is the best. Those on the other branches do question and refute that as it's not as proven as their own.

Brian

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think Skurka hit on it best. Long story short, it's newbie pride of the first time tractor owner, which I do not qualify. I will say my tractor is meeting it's expectations. Hope it does as well as my Bota did!

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Brian,

I saw that post and I saw nothing in there that should have made them delete it. I am surprised that they didn't delete my post when some guy told me how bad New Holland was and how they were way overpriced. Up to 5k more. Well he happen to have a Kioti so I hit him back and told them why I would not buy a Kioti. I got bashed by another guy and then was told to keep the peace.

Murph

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
There's nothing wrong with being proud of your machine. The problem starts when you bash another brand. Funny how Kioti is dominating the forum now, gotta love it........:a1:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Big Dog said:
There's nothing wrong with being proud of your machine. The problem starts when you bash another brand. Funny how Kioti is dominating the forum now, gotta love it........:a1:

Well I went over and glanced at TBN and pulled up the past 6 hours of posts. Only 4 posts total in the Kioti forum in 6 hours. Hardly dominating. BTW who the heck is a new TBN member called TexMex? He seems to be trashing Kioti on a regular basis. He has a Tractor King, but liked Mahindra. And he spelled my name wrong :eek: in a post where a guy was comparing Kubota & JD loaders.

But, being the red headed step child that you are, I'm glad to see you here.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
...He has a Tractor King, but liked Mahindra. And he spelled my name wrong :eek: in a post...

It's not me!!! :wave: I was waiting for you to ask, since I compared Kioti, Branson, Tractor King all together at one time; but it's not me. Besides, TexMex (hot food) gives me heartburn. :eek:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Well I went over and glanced at TBN and pulled up the past 6 hours of posts. Only 4 posts total in the Kioti forum in 6 hours. Hardly dominating.

Wasn't refering to TBN (what's that), I was refering to HERE..............:StickOutT

Never mentioned whether it was bad or good either.......:D