• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Someone cut a wire on my Vic!!!

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
So Im looking under my hood today just to see if I have the original COPs. Well I look on the drivers side up against the fire wall and I see a bunch of wire and it looks like the protective back plastic covers are off. Then I look closer and there is a damn wire cut!!! :shock:
So I get a razor blade and splice and put the two ends together. I turn the car on and WAMM-O! Engine light!!! :angry:
I take my 03 p71 to Auto Zone to have the code read.
It reads P0430
Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2)
What does that mean?
Basically this means that the oxygen sensor downstream of the catalytic converter on bank 2 (passenger side) is detecting that the converter is not working as efficiently as it should be (according to specs). It is part of the vehicle emissions system.

NOW what do I do????? Do you folks think its just the sensor?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Most likely just the sensor. They all do that after a while. My last three vehicles had the o2 exhaust sensors going on and off......didn't affect the performance at all.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
You think it will make the car change some mixture or something to compensate? Maybe I should just undo that wire. :ermm::unsure:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
how much did the auto zone guys tell you a replacement sensor would cost, and did they offer to reset the error code for you?

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
They did not offer. I just disconnected the wires and it went off again. The replacement part was $48 beans. But I JUST spent $285 on repairs last Friday!! Im broke!! :pat: I think I just answered my question. The wires are staying disconnected. :neutral:

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Hold the press! If this o2 sensor isnt replaced then it could destroy my converter!!! SHIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time to call up Lee Auto Parts :sad:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Hold the press! If this o2 sensor isnt replaced then it could destroy my converter!!! SHIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time to call up Lee Auto Parts :sad:

Good. Your mileage will go up. And Bush says it won't increase pollution or cause global warming, anyway. :rolleyes:

:hide:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
The State cant sell a vehicle if they KNOW theres a problem with the emissions! So the State comitted a crime by cutting the wires!