• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2.5 liter jeep engine rebuild

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone know how much I should expect to pay to have a 2.5 liter Jeep engine rebuilt? It runs fine right now but it has 135K on the clock and I believe it would benefit from a rebuild.

Also, how much extra hp can i drag out of a small engine like this? Can the cylinders be bored out, etc?

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Slip a turbo-supercharged small block in that thang. And of course a different trans and differentials and u-joints and drive shafts, and on and on.

I don't believe bottom ends of those engines are very stout. That's why they sell v8 kits.

But if you wanna see how much it can handle, o-ring the block and put a turbo on it with 60 psi wastegate. YeeHaw!

Or just get a stock Jasper reman. Shouldn't be more than a couple grand.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The reman option Fred stated is probably going to be your lowest cost option for stock..

For more performance, rebuild what you have and trick it out a bit.. And realistically maybe you could increase HP maybe 10-15% and have it hold up, and be reliable. Maybe a better exhaust and intake would do it. Just my 2 cents..

Regards, Kirk