• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ghosts

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you think ghosts exist? Do you have any ghost stories to share? I, for one, would like to hear them.
Thanks!

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Sure I'll bite, just wonder how many are going to think I'm REALLY wierd.:smileywac

My last house had an attached garage that I used mostly for carpentry and preparing sub assemblies for decks etc. I had built some shelving along one wall that I kept hardware and tools in. The whole thing was 6' tall, so I could reach whatever was on the top shelf. My wife at the time seemed to be followed by something, ghost, spirit what ever. I heard voices in the house as well as she. One time she felt someone wrap their arms around her from behind, and she thought it was me. But I wasn't even home at the time.

Anyway, one morning I was in the "shop", cutting spindles for a project. I'd just shut down my tablesaw, when out of the corner of my eye I caught a movement. Then BAM!!! And I do mean loud. Scared the dogcrap out of me. I thought one of the spindles I just cut had kicked back on me somehow. After settling down a bit, I got looking where the noise had come from. On the complete opposite side of the garage from the shelves, I found a smashed wooden box I'd made years before. There was no way that box went across the garage by itself and smashed. Bear in mind this box was on the top shelf on the other side.

I half believe some people have things following them. I know since we divorced, I haven't had near that experience again.

I've a few more too, but let someone else have a chance.

v8dave

Wizard
I'm an amateur radio operator, a Ham, and in the 80's there was a group of us that talked together via radio on the morning work commute. We were all quite active in some competetive aspects of the hobby and belonged to two clubs where we periodically met too.

One of these guys, Ron, suddenly died of a heart attack and after a while his widow sold his equipment. I bought a significant piece of his set up--the antennas and tower. I was in the operating area disassembling the control equipment and searching for the equipment manuals. I can remember feeling like a ghoul taking a dead man's equipment. When all of a sudden, a great peace settled on me. It was like Ron was there saying it was a good thing helping his wife. No visions, nothing moving, just a great feeling.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Junkman said:
Possibly the old gal was a witch and she put a spell on you..... :rofl1:

Yup, she was a witch alright!! Spelled with a capital"B"!!:rofl1: After 15 years, I even thought she was posessed!:14_6_12:

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Mith said:
nah, John, we knew ages ago :D

Why thanks Jim, I resemble that remark!:tiphat: LOL!:smileywac

Hey about some UK stories, I know the British Isles are loaded with them!:cool:

How did the bell ring go this morning?:cool: :cool:

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Dunno bout ghost strories, havent had any contact meself, unless its a ghost that keeps nicking my dam boots :mad:

Ringing was alright. Definately no the best by a long way. We ring half muffled for days like this, so one stroke goes ding (like a normal bell) and the other goes like a dull 'pong' (imagine chucking a wet log at an oil drum). The muffles are little leather bags that cover half of the clapper so one stroke is muffled and the other open. You can ring fully muffled too, for example we did when the queen mother died. It sounds nice but its real hard to ring like that cos you cant hear the bell. And you have to ring slower for some reason so its not as good sounding. Have I lost you yet? ;)

As regards to your sig, my ears are still ringing from a gig last night :eek: :(

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
How much time do you have?

...When I get more time I'll tell you of a few instances, both at home and somewhere I used to work.

Himself

As a child my sister asked why there was a name for them if they don't exist?
I dunno.
My dad has had personal experiences with them in the old country.
I dunno.
My wife has had personal experiences with them in this country.
I dunno.
I have seen my old dog (long dead and buried) sitting at the top of the steps.
Brings tears to my eyes but still, I dunno.
I look up at a stary sky and just know we are not alone.
I do agree that all things cannot be explained, that's called faith.
Ghosts? Hmmm, I just dunno.

All the Best,
Martin

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very good answer Martin.
I've been in a house with weird noises, things being moved with no explanation, and just weird stuff. But, this was a 'good' ghost, according to the owner of the house. I have never seen one, I've seen shadows, but that could be anything.
So, like Martin, I dunno.

Lets hear those stories WannaFish ....we have time :)

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
This is quite lengthy, but it helps to understand the bond I had with my Grandparents and keep that in mind while reading the remainder.

My Grandfather (on my Dad's side) passed away in '72, Grandma in 2002. We lived next door and I was always at their house as they watched me from the time my parents left for work until the school bus came to pick me up in the morning and again from the time I got off the bus until my parents came home.
I was closer to him than I was to my own father (always at work:( )

For a few years after Grandpa died I "saw" him several times.
First time was a month after he died - he came to me in a dream and told me to tell Grandma to look under the lining (under his clothes) in his top dresser drawer. She did and found a life insurance policy she (nor I) ever knew about.

Usually I'd see him watching me when I was doing something wrong. Never directly, always out of the corner of my eye. When I'd look directly at him...there was nothing there. Unfortunately (for me) I didn't realize at the time what he was trying to teach me. Looking back on my life I understand now.

When Grandma died my Dad and uncle were going thru her personal effects and found a box that had contained a small safe. They asked me to look for it as they had and couldn't find it. I went into her bedroom and as I started looking I could feel both Grandma and Grandpa's presence. At first I thought it was just from being in her bedroom...then I could "feel" them laughing at me. I'd look behind a door "chuckle". I looked under the bed "ha ha".
When I started going thru the closet the laughing stopped and I thought maybe I was on to something. Took me about an hour of looking before I found the loose floorboard containing the safe.
Now I had to find the key. After looking on her dresser, I could feel my hand being gently pushed down to the third drawer so I opened. Nothing here but clothes...wait - what is that lump? An old change purse with 2 keys in it. I still don't know what the other key goes to!

When Dad and his brother decided to sell the farm, I couldn't stand the thought of "strangers" in Grandpa's house and the loss of the use of the land I grew up on.

Anyhow, my wife let me buy the farm, with the stipulation we let our sons live in our other house. We had just paid off our home and 20 acres the year before and had been looking at retiring by 55 (so much for that with no income from sale or rent of the other house).

Two days after we moved into the farm house we were sitting in the living room when my wife said "Who was that?" I asked her what she saw and she described an older man in Bib-overalls walking with a limp down the hall way as she ran to the other end of it to see who was in our house.
I just smiled as I had seen him several times while moving in.
Startled her enough she wouldn't take a shower (or even change her clothes without being covered up in bed) in that house for several weeks.
She has seen him since and has grown kind of used to having him around.

Grandpa always loved to play jokes on people (but ya better not play one on him!) A couple weeks ago my wife was washing dishes when she hollered for me to "come out here!" The throw rug she was standing on was about half flipped over onto her shoes. She said watch this and kicked the rug back flat on the floor. A couple seconds later the rug flipped back over onto her feet.
The scenario repeated a couple more times before she gave up and kicked the rug away.

This past weekend I was doing some work upstairs in one of the bedrooms. Wife was at her mothers so when I heard the stairs creaking as someone ascended I thought it was probably one of our dogs...but none ever came up. About the fourth time I heard it I waited until the sound had reached approx. the center of the stairway and I walked over to it - nothing there and the sound stopped. When I returned to what I was doing the creaking resumed.

Strange.

If ya don't believe in Ghosts you can try to explain these events away.
When you do believe, you just chuckle and carry on.

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
My Mother's mother had been ill for several years...congestive heart failure, diabetes, and 47 other ailments (or so it seemed), but she lived in her own house with the help of some her children. When her body starting shutting down she was hospitalized for about 3 weeks until she passed.

My Mother begged me every day to come to the hospital and see Grandma "one last time". I told her that I wanted to remember Grandma as I knew her.
The day before she passed my Mom called and said Grandma has asked for me - said she wanted to say goodbye. It was harder than hell, but I restated my feelings.
6:00 am the next day I called my Mother and asked her if Grandma was gone.
She asked what would make me say that and I told her that at 4:13 I woke from a dream in which Grandma had thanked me for helping her though the years, that she loved me, as God did, and she was going to be with God, her Mom and Dad, and Brothers and Sisters." (She was the last to die from a family of 16 children).
Mom confirmed the time of death was 4:10 am.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good one Wannafish! Come on guys, I know there are more stories out there. How about sharing them?

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Go to theshadowlands, and find out about ghosts in your state or nieghborhood. At the bottom of the home page are links to any state. I found one for Monroe Michigan that I had first hand experience of. It's the one about the papermill basement.

At the time I worked there as an electrician apprentice, the old guys always said there were hauntings there. One time time we had to change out a 400HP motor in the basement that was used to drive the hydropulper, a big bowl basically, with an impeller like beater in the bottom, that would break down scrap paper back into pulp.
Being of Scottish descent, I've always had a thing for the paranormal. Well, here we are on Saturday morning disconnecting couplings and cable terms, and breaking loose mounting bolts, to remove the motor. Me being the apprentice, I had to go back to the shop to get a bigger hammer and a couple more wrenches. I had to walk close to 100 yards thru the basement to get to the elevator. I kept catching shadows out of the corner of my eye all the way down, felt very chilled, and just felt something. I'm getting goose bumps writing this 28 years later. Had the same feeling and the shadows when I came back with the tools too. We went back to work for about 15 minutes, when one of the three guys with me said, screw this, I'm outa here! We all went topside, and we weren't taking our time.
Later on during lunch, I asked my journeyman why we left so early before lunch. He was an old southern guy, and drawled, "Caint y'all feel what's down thar"? And I thought it was just me.

Hey wannafish, are you of UK blood too?:cool:

Comeon guys, don't be so macho, let's hear the stories. I myself find it fascinating.:beer: :beer:
can't get the link to work, just use a google search

Last edited:

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
A few years ago I was working second shift in the "lab" of a manufacturing facility making oil pans for GM engines. The lab walls were all glass and if anyone was around I would catch glimpses of their reflections in the different panels. After awhile I could tell by the reflections knew which direction they were going.

One night I kept seeing something out of the corner of my eye, but when I'd look there was nobody there. After a couple days of this I asked a co-worker by the name of Deb if anyone ever claimed to see a ghost in the plant. Her eyes got real big and told me to go talk to Tammy, the shift supervisor.
Tammy told me how about 10 years before a good friend of hers named Tim was working there and struck his head when he fell off a ladder. After a few months she started catching glimpses of him in different parts of the building.

A couple days later I was sitting in my car during lunch and saw someone whose facial features I couldn't see very well (which I just thought was due to the lighting) looking out one of the windows at me for a coule minutes. I was originally concerned that perhaps I hadn't locked "my part" of the building. When I went in, all doors were locked, and there was no one there.

I told Tammy to watch for a stranger in the plant and described what I had seen. She asked me if I could tell what he was wearing..."sure - jeans, white t-shirt that said BUD, and a flannel shirt that wasn't buttoned.

"I thought you were full of shit the other day, maybe trying to pull something on me, but that is what Tim always wore..."

That isn't the only time I had an encounter with "Tim".
Tune in again...it gets better!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bump.

It's come up in another thread so I thought I'd resurrect this thread since we already have a start.

working woman

Site Supporter
You want "ghost" like somthing haunted or stories of unusual things happening when you lose a loved one? I've got both.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
There have been too many unexplained 'happenings' in my life for me not to believe in 'something' though whether I would call them ghosts, I don't know. I certainly have an open mind about the subject.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I believe in demons. I THINK that ghosts are demons. But of course its a guess. Theres SOMETHING out there. :fart2: