• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Podcasts - Christian, humor, business, whatever!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I discovered "PODCASTS" quite by accident when I bought an iPod to listen to sales training audiodisks.

If you don't know what a PODCAST is, it is just a short 5 minutes to 1 hour, recorded broadcast. They are usually very topical. And they are FREE. Kids with iPods download PODCASTS to listen to reviews of their favorite music groups, rants from radio personalities, etc. But as adults began to buy and use iPODS and other MP3 players, the world of podcasting has evolved. There are now video podcasts too!

The best part is you can listen to them on your computer if you don't own an iPod or MP3 player.

On my personal PODCAST list are some religious, some entertainment and some business podcasts. When I travel, I also download some news podcasts. I probably have about 15 different podcasts that I download. Most only update their shows once a week, others twice a week, some 1 or 2 times a month, and the rare show produces a new episode every day. I rarely listen to the radio in my car anymore, when I commute I listed to podcasts.
  • Dave Ramsey is a business and life coach, he specializes in helping people get out of debt, but has a lot to offer about other topics like business training, the Dave Ramsey Podcast is certainly worth listening to.
  • I love to listen to The Daily Breakfast with Fr. Roderick. He founded the SQPN Network and now they have about a dozen shows that are all semi-professional sounding and some are entertaining. He mixes religion with daily life, loves science fiction, and has a good sense of humor.
  • For science fiction entertainment, I never miss THE SIGNAL, which concentrates its efforts on the Serenity / Firefly sagas. Firefly Talk is another good one that focuses on the same series.
  • Zig Ziglar is probably among the most famous inspirational business coaches on the planet, he is funny and spot on with his advice, even if sometimes you have think about it a little before you can apply it.
Every news network has multiple podcasts, pick and choose from the BBC, ABC, FOX, CNN and even the NPR. You can find documentaries, news shows like "60 Minutes" and dozens of others.

Every popular TV show has at least one podcast, and you will find podcasts about gardening, dogs, and literally 1000's of other topics.

Do you listen to Podcasts? :wave:

What are your favorites?