• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Section 8 i guess..?

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Or maybe just Slumlord... Changeing out another furnace....same as any other day..went to make a material list and the old monster of a furnace seemed to be crawling..It was... worse i ever saw..i went down the road and bought 3 cans of Ant-Roach Killer... Thank God for General Dollar....They have heat again...I'm sure I will hear from the Slumlord ....about ME giving his tennants HELL!! about getting new tattoos and piercings...and living with all those critters...I stripped off in the garage when i got home and throwed every thing in a pile outside,,,,only to recover my Red Wing boots($150)... that i shook in a bag of boric acid.. Maybe 8-10 people living in this house..and know body went to work...I must be doing something wrong...I did give them the 1 1/2 cans of killer...

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Bugs and trash all over the basement was always a fun job. Or multiple litter boxes that nobody cleaned so the cats used the floor. We had a few places where we rotated who serviced the accounts. It was the only fair thing to do!!

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Last week I got a call from a new customer (single woman) asking for some help. As a Handyman, I do things 99% of the contractors out there won't do like putting together Ikea furniture, flipping mattresses for people who can't do it themself, and even re-arranging furniture for women who can't leave well enough alone :hammer:. But this was the strangest call I ever received. The woman wanted me to help her put plastic bags over her mattress and box spring, because she discovered that she has BED BUGS! I asked if she had contacted an exterminator about getting rid of them, and she said she did, but he has not come out yet. I told her to call me when the exterminator certifies that the bed bugs are gone (very hard to get rid of), and I'll be happy to come help her. She was very indignant that I refused to come out, even though I tried to explain to her that I was not going to risk bringing the bugs home with me. Wrestling a mattress is the same as sleeping on it, and I was not going to put my family at risk. She hung up on me!

I think that some people just have no clue about the health risk of having these vermin in their home, or maybe they just don't care...maybe a little of both.