• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Picked up the welding wire I needed to finish the security door this morning while out this morning. Should finish today except for paint.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
it is unseasonably warm. It is sunny.

I think I may pull the Jeepster off of the storage lift and start it up. If only the ice-cream stands were open today I would go to the Drive-In

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Home from the scout camp. What a temperature change. Friday it was -25 celcius with strong winds. Today, +2 and sunny. The snow is taking a beating. It's more or less evaporating from the sun and heat.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We are almost having motorcycle weather today. Almost. Not quite.

My effort to get the Jeepster off the car lift was stifled by a dead battery in the lawn tractor that is parked under the car lift. It was connected to a "Battery Tender" but apparently that did no good at all!

I have a real charger hooked up to the lawn tractor's battery now, awaiting the results!

... Today, +2 and sunny. The snow is taking a beating. It's more or less evaporating from the sun and heat.
Ours is melting too fast. We have a yard of mud for the dogs to play in. The combination of 40+ (F) and bright sunshine is creating flowing rivers of snowmelt runoff.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It was connected to a "Battery Tender" but apparently that did no good at all!

I have a real charger hooked up to the lawn tractor's battery now, awaiting the results!

Melensdad, I'm starting to lose faith in those battery tenders and I used to be a big fan. I had one hooked up to the battery of my Yamaha inverter generator and it read 100% charged. Last week, while my wife was gone somewhere, I decided to dig the generators out, exercise them and run the gas tanks dry. When I turned the key on the Yamaha there was nothing, absolutely nothing, not even a click. It started on the second or third pull of the rope, thank the Lord. During the time it took to burn off the old gas the battery charged up just fine. I suppose I need to go check all the connections to the battery but getting down on the floor and crawling around is still a bit tough.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Battery Tenders...They seem to work well right up until they fail.

Real charger worked.

Jeepster is down and it started up. Runs like crap. Choke cable is frozen/rusted/stuck. Warmed it up and drove it a bit. It’s dusty from storage too.

Attachments

• EA39EABB-ADD1-4F6E-940B-624640F50A26.jpeg
    EA39EABB-ADD1-4F6E-940B-624640F50A26.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 154B7973-A7E7-4CC1-8645-CC2484898F47.jpeg
    154B7973-A7E7-4CC1-8645-CC2484898F47.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 7584FDBC-6139-41DF-8F4D-92CE4DBE4863.jpeg
    7584FDBC-6139-41DF-8F4D-92CE4DBE4863.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 29BF1086-40B1-427D-8245-667291A269F2.jpeg
    29BF1086-40B1-427D-8245-667291A269F2.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 113

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I've been busy lately. 2 times to the Iowa State Capitol since I posted last. Once for a Second Amendment rally and once to discuss consumer fraud issues. I'm going again on Wednesday to discuss the consumer fraud issues with my state rep and attorney general. I will also discuss Veteran issues. Below is a picture of me sitting in the House Speakers chair with my state rep on one side and a guy running for US Congress on the other side.

Me at the state capitol 2-23-2020.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Chiropractor this morning attempting to eliminate chronic pain in my left hip to shoulder muscle group. So far, no luck.

Between the Flu and this injury I haven't had a good night's sleep in two weeks. Scotch helps for a while but I would like o keep my liver. So, until the damn thing heals, I will walk with a lisp and sleep will evade me.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Chiropractor this morning attempting to eliminate chronic pain in my left hip to shoulder muscle group. So far, no luck.

Between the Flu and this injury I haven't had a good night's sleep in two weeks. Scotch helps for a while but I would like o keep my liver. So, until the damn thing heals, I will walk with a lisp and sleep will evade me.

Your words make me hurt for you, Franc.
Take care, my friend.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Your words make me hurt for you, Franc.
Take care, my friend.

Hope you feel better soon!

I asked my Doctor about Scotch. He said he didn't recommend it for me so you can have my share. :bolt:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been up since 6am just so I can make my day off last longer.
The apartment is sparkling clean, I've talked to the boys and all 3 of my granddaughters this morning.
Saturday was nuts at work what with the ongoing renovation, short staffing and yet we keep taking new admissions.
Give me another nurse to help me on my assigned unit dear adon, and perhaps I won't blow my stack.
Yes, that happened.
Behind closed doors.
It's all good now, but for crying out loud.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, finally got the work cabin security door welded out and just have to paint it tomorrow. The back side of the door took a little longer than expected, I'm glad its a project and I didn't bid it. Something to do with a couple hundred 1/2" welds to all the flat bars to the skin, it is very strong not to mention heavy. After it is installed on the cabin I will insulate between the bars and put some nice wood over it and a latch for the inside. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0651.jpg
    IMG_0651.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 84

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Not doing much today. I got up early and sat around, drinking coffee. Off to Rotary at noon in the Country Club and had a huge lunch. They have a new supplier and the chicken fried steak filled the plate. So, now I'm back home and don't feel like doing anything except maybe catch a nap.

Tomorrow I'm back on my street corner again, waving my election signs for 5 hours. Thank God that'll be the last time until November.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, finally got the work cabin security door welded out and just have to paint it tomorrow. The back side of the door took a little longer than expected, I'm glad its a project and I didn't bid it. Something to do with a couple hundred 1/2" welds to all the flat bars to the skin, it is very strong not to mention heavy. After it is installed on the cabin I will insulate between the bars and put some nice wood over it and a latch for the inside. Marty

Darn Marty, that looks like a nuclear shelter blast door!! :bolt:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Darn Marty, that looks like a nuclear shelter blast door!! :bolt:

Good observation that was the idea, I live 4.5 hours from the cabin and all of the people I have met in town warned be about looters, I haven't had any problems so far but the previous owner said someone broke in about 10 years ago. I also plan to cover the exterior in the natural stone laying everywhere up there with steel shutters for the windows that lock from the inside. Should be fireproof and asshole proof to. Last year was about getting the septic in along with sealing up the porch and adding a bathroom. All the plumbing and wiring is in with 1/2" plywood on the walls. This year the floor will go down along with T&G cedar on the walls with a new kitchen and solar panels for the batteries so I don't have to run the generator. I will have a lot of work in it as well as $$ and don't want it mucked up by some low life. Marty

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I went out to dinner with my good friend Julie.
We had spent an hour bemoaning certain things that we share as women.
Our jobs and the stress that nursing involves, men.. family, the world we live in today.
She said come get me, we'll go out for dinner and carry on this conversation with some good food.
That we did.
I pounced on this t-bone steak at Azul Tequila.
If it weren't for the fact that we both are on duty tomorrow, I think margaritas would have been consumed as well.

:thumbup:

20200302_205953-768x768.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing much today. No appointments until another round of injections into the legs this evening.

Doing a bit of house cleaning. Making plans for Friday to head to check on my houses 3 hours away.

Glad we finally sold the house in the city. It's in a decent neighborhood but only 2 blocks away there's a bunch of low income 4plex housing units that spell trouble. Last night someone was murdered in the middle of the street and 3 others sent to the hospital for undisclosed injuries. There's been a couple of other murders in the area over the last few years as well. No firearms. They just stab people to death. Maybe the common kitchen knife should be banned as they are obviously the problem. It wouldn't be the drugs and drunks.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, all my sign waving was the kiss of death for the candidates that I was supporting. Two got beat and the third, the sheriff, is in a run off in May, I think.

I spent most of the evening watching the Super Tuesday election results but I better get to bed. I have another busy day tomorrow.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Well, all my sign waving was the kiss of death for the candidates that I was supporting. Two got beat and the third, the sheriff, is in a run off in May, I think..

Sorry your candidates didn't win but I hope it doesn't discourage you in future elections.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry your candidates didn't win but I hope it doesn't discourage you in future elections.

Nah. In our rural East Texas county the Republican turnout was still nine times the Democratic turnout. It was really all about what flavor of Republican that you wanted. I financially supported my preferences but didn't get actively involved until the election turned nasty for some reason. I didn't think that Washington type smear tactics belonged in our county. I suppose it's now acceptable to use personal attacks, innuendo, half truths and downright lies in campaigns because they have been proved to work and are successful. Honestly, I find it pretty sad.

Now I'm going to take some time off and then dive back in to the run-off election for the Sheriff's office in May.

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Waiting to catch corona so i can either die, or survive. :unsure:

just got back from Costco..... I'm saddened to see so many people buying as much as they can.
i felt little out of place in line with only a case of beer and 750ml of Jameson in my cart.

i went through my food supply 4 weeks ago and rotated some of my stock, got a couple boxes of staples I'm going to drop off at my local food bank tomorrow , if any of you all think you have any extras think about donating it:wink:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
painted one side of the security door and frame after lunch. I have to be in the field all day tomorrow so I will finish it Friday. It got friggin heavy, the door alone is at least 50# you don't want to smash your fingers in there. Marty

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking forward to a me day.
No appointments, not working today.
Home.
I just saw some happy robins hopping around outside.
Hello spring time.
:smile:

rugerman

Working at my part.time job, better known as dialysis, then home to watch it rain, my yard is like a wet sponge, ditches are backing up due to all leaves stopping them up.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Kids are home from school again for yet another one day strike by the teachers. Regardless of the strike they'd be home today anyway as all the rural buses and schools are canceled due to a heavy snowfall warning. We're getting snow but not what they are forecasting yet. So far we've gotten 4" of snow since last night. I do have to head to the city soon for a physio appointment.

Physio has kinda stalled out. I previously went 3 xs a week. Now it's once every 2 weeks. Not because I'm getting better but that I've more or less plateaued in my recovery. After 5 years of going, I got what I got. Oh well. Could be worse.

I may check out the new marijuana store that opened up. It's been legal for recreation for a while but there were delays in licensing being allowed to open up shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.