• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Corona Virus spreading ... US official says no need to worry

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think he's locking her up in the basement. It's finished. Separate entrance to the house. Bathroom. That's the plan as far as I know.
That's pretty good but if it's on the same HVAC system, the air will circulate. Don't know if the furnace filter can filter out COVID-19.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I find it very interesting the biggest problems with this virus are in the deep blue communist infested states.

The Lord sure does work in mysterious ways. :smile:

Just Sayin'

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
YUP

I'd be trying to rent an RV and park it in the driveway. Or a really nice tent. Then I'd get a rental outhouse.
He has an rv but with temperatures still dipping down to -15 celcius at night itd be a bit cold. Definitely to cold to use the plumbing.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I have a covid 19 rant. Not about the virus itself because it is what it is. My beef is all those ignorant people out there with their heads in the sand ignoring the recommendations of governments and medical professionals around the world and still going on about their life without any regard to others.

We've been diligent in keeping our children at home for the past 2 weeks despite the whining and complaining. All fine and dandy. We can deal with it. My complaint is other ignorant parents who are ignoring the recommendations and letting their kids basically run wild. Still having friends over. Still going for sleep overs. What kind of idiots are these people. Pathetic.

They just announced that we now have 2 cases of covid 19 in our city. An older couple returning from Florida brought it back with them.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This is getting too close for comfort, but I'm not going to freak out.
FB_IMG_1585337171020.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a covid 19 rant...

My complaint is other ignorant parents who are ignoring the recommendations and letting their kids basically run wild. Still having friends over. Still going for sleep overs. What kind of idiots are these people. Pathetic...

Agree 100%

I’m all in favor of allowing maximum freedom with your own life. But when your freedom endangers my life then I have the right to complain.

But most of the people doing these silly things with their health (and mine) are simply ignorant. They don’t read or watch any news. They hear bits and pieces but think it’s not a big deal because they are simply clueless morons.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Now we're getting reports of positive tests coming in from both Allen and Van Wert counties. I've lots of friends in the Delphos and Van Wert area.
Right now we are free from any incoming reports from Henry county.
Defiance and Fulton county tho.
This doesn't cause me to feel frightened as much as it angers me, but then again it's possible that more testing is going on as well.
Cripes I can't wait until this is OVER.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Saw AOC have her childish temper tantrum on the house floor today and it really did remind me of a 5 yr old who didn't get her way.
Mike

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:th_lmao:

Attachments

• 694AE727-AD19-4FA3-98A6-02936E0CD458.jpeg
    694AE727-AD19-4FA3-98A6-02936E0CD458.jpeg
    423.5 KB · Views: 113
  • B84E9678-B4C1-4D43-AC8E-F946AAAE7DF6.jpeg
    B84E9678-B4C1-4D43-AC8E-F946AAAE7DF6.jpeg
    302.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 864EF728-78E9-43F1-95C0-AC2B12C26909.jpeg
    864EF728-78E9-43F1-95C0-AC2B12C26909.jpeg
    272.8 KB · Views: 98

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Would someone please give governor Cuomo some cheese to go with all that whine. His voice grates on my nerves the same as liz warren's!!
Mike

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So New York has roughly 45% of all the Covid-19 cases in the USA. Most of those cases are centered in the NY City metro area.

NYC mayor Bill deBlasio had been a strong critic of social isolation, in fact he and his health department officials encouraged social activities, riding trains, eating in restaurants and bars, taking to the nightclubs and bars, etc. deBlasio also refused to close the schools in New York City.

So the infection spread. And spread. And spread some more.

Now the federal government is being begged for help because they caused their problem to expand out of control. I'm not saying that we shouldn't help, we should, we are Americans. But damn we should hold them responsible for their own actions and take them to task after this mess is over.

And then we have to ask this question too...
:bolt:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 7.02.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 7.02.19 AM.png
    267.7 KB · Views: 93

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
So New York has roughly 45% of all the Covid-19 cases in the USA. Most of those cases are centered in the NY City metro area.

NYC mayor Bill deBlasio had been a strong critic of social isolation, in fact he and his health department officials encouraged social activities, riding trains, eating in restaurants and bars, taking to the nightclubs and bars, etc. deBlasio also refused to close the schools in New York City.

So the infection spread. And spread. And spread some more.

Now the federal government is being begged for help because they caused their problem to expand out of control. I'm not saying that we shouldn't help, we should, we are Americans. But damn we should hold them responsible for their own actions and take them to task after this mess is over.

NYC is a smelly cess pool. I hate it when I have to go there. It's just plain dirty. I am not surprised that they are in this position.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I knew would come to this if people were not smart enough to do it themselves. Last week all the businesses were open essential or not.
Now in my small county of 40,000 you can be arrested for not following the rules. In the comments people were sighting there rights and the constitution. There are a lot of laws on the books in powering heath departments to do this sort of thing. I for one plan to cooperate to the best of my ability and in doing it are protecting others as well as myself and loved ones. Can you go to court and fight it? sure you can, right after you get out of jail during a pandemic. Its is the right thing to do at this time so please stay home away from other people.
The life you save may be your own or someone you care about. If it starts getting out of control IE overloading the medical system and people do not cooperate there'll be Marshall law. Mr Trump right now as I type is considering Quarantine of the whole area around NYC. and people in other states with NY plates are being stopped and detained for Quarantine for 14 days. PLEASE do the right thing and stay home.

Attachments

• IMG_0693.jpg
    IMG_0693.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 88

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
NYC is a smelly cess pool. I hate it when I have to go there. It's just plain dirty.

My grand daughter had to go to New York on three occasions when she was studying in Boston. Her description of it exactly matched yours. It STANK.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is a similar chart via youtube ... but it only goes to March 11th. The one in the link above goes to March 27th and shows the progress of how the US jumped ahead of the rest of the world in cases of the virus.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7riL6IXi5o[/ame]

Last edited:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
And time for another update from ZeroHedge.

I've held off because mostly the numbers have just been updated but now we have some big news from ZeroHedge so I'll toss it up here.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...ds-sunday-press-briefing-confirmed-cases-boom

White House Extends Coronavirus Guidelines Until April 30,

Trump Expects "Peak" In About 2 Weeks

Update (1855T): Trump's press conference continued well into the evening, with the president feuding in classic Trump style with CNN reporters asking him questions about a rumor that Trump had withheld aid to certain governors who didn't show him sufficient respect.

After a few minutes of jousting, Trump slammed CNN as "fake news", to which a reporter replied "we're not fake news", prompting Trump to spout "yes you are, sit down."

It was an amusing episode.

Asked about the news networks not wanting to cover Trump's daily press briefings, Trump scoffed, and slammed the media "we're getting the word about it...and a lot of people aren't...they should be happy about it but they're not." Trump then praised Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx. "They've been fighting this stuff their whole lives...they don't want to be stars...the American public they should be the decider...we have Monday Night Football-type ratings...and that's from the New York Times...and they're not honest people but that's okay...that's what they said."

Nancy Pelosi Criticizes Trump's Response To Coronavirus Outbreak

"When they don't want the president of the United States to have a voice...you're not talking about Democracy any longer."

Update (1824ET): Trump has offered a few more thoughts on why he isn't releasing some 10,000 ventilators to states like New York and Louisiana (states that, Trump's critics complain, are governed by Democrats). Trump said the government is only holding on to the ventilators for now until the crisis arrives, That apparently leaves room for the government to dole them out to the states that need them in the coming days.

And of course, Trump said he spoke with some of the most respected restaurateurs in the country, and they apparently reminded him that they can't stay closed forever without significantly more help from the government - or they're all going to go out of business. As Trump said, he wants to make sure these restaurants "get moving"...but not until after April 30.

Trump also claimed that Humana and Cigna agreed to waive all costs - including copays - for coronavirus-related treatments. "It's a lot of money they're waiving," Trump said, during the Q&A, and said "yeah, I do" when asked if he was calling on other insurers to do the same thing. "This is about death," Trump said. "I want to thank Cigna and Humana."

Trump also repeatedly insisted that he now believes the "peak" of the US outbreak will arrive in two weeks which, at the current rate, means millions of cases will have been diagnosed by then.

When asked about why he "threatened" to quarantine New York, Connecticut and New Jersey yesterday, Trump responded with an aggravated denial, with Trump claiming that professionals brought the idea to him, and that he ultimately decided not to do it. "Now we did an advisory, it's a strong advisory...I think we did a great thing...all I did yesterday was I said we were looking in to it and by the end of the evening I said 'we've decided to go with the advisory'." Trump said.

"I don't want to have to give them out then take them back and move them someplace else...we need to move them quickly," Trump said.

When asked why Florida has had more of its requests for ventilators approved than states like Massachusetts and New York, Trump responded that all states have been taken care of "Florida has been taken care of, Michigan has been taken care of"...Trump said, even though he has had a high-profile feud with the Democratic female governor of Michigan. Massachusetts, meanwhile, is governed by a moderate Republican.

Trump then went on a tirade about how most states have been "very happy" with the White House's handling and will be "amazed at what they will be able to get" even citing his relationship with John Bel Edwards, "a Democrat if that's what you're getting at" in Louisiana and other governors from the south to the northeast. Trump added the deployment of the hospital ships and the Army Corp of Engineers and the National Guard are doing a lot, like opening a hospital in New York City at the Javits Center.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I knew would come to this if people were not smart enough to do it themselves. Last week all the businesses were open essential or not.
Now in my small county of 40,000 you can be arrested for not following the rules. In the comments people were sighting there rights and the constitution. There are a lot of laws on the books in powering heath departments to do this sort of thing. I for one plan to cooperate to the best of my ability and in doing it are protecting others as well as myself and loved ones. Can you go to court and fight it? sure you can, right after you get out of jail during a pandemic. Its is the right thing to do at this time so please stay home away from other people.
The life you save may be your own or someone you care about. If it starts getting out of control IE overloading the medical system and people do not cooperate there'll be Marshall law. Mr Trump right now as I type is considering Quarantine of the whole area around NYC. and people in other states with NY plates are being stopped and detained for Quarantine for 14 days. PLEASE do the right thing and stay home.

Marty, I had no idea you were in Calaveras County. Did you meet Sam Clemens when he was there?

https://americanliterature.com/auth...e-celebrated-jumping-frog-of-calaveras-county