Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Vehicles > Heavy Equipment Forum

Heavy Equipment Forum Trac Hoe, Back Hoe, Dozers, etc.

Old 11-23-2016, 12:57 AM
Bronze Member

k-dog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Coolant in the Oil

Thanks fellas. I did get new head bolts and they were not cheap, but hopefully all will be good. I have the service manual with torque sequence and torque amounts. It is a two stage torquing process so to speak.
I think I'm gonna go with the 15/40 as it works well in my little Kubota for my area temps.
Once I get this done, there are a few other things I may do to it but they won't be necessities.
The Following User Says Thank You to k-dog For This Useful Post:
deand1 (11-23-2016)
Old 03-27-2017, 11:23 PM
Bronze Member

k-dog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Coolant in the Oil

UPDATE: Turns out the issue was sleeve o rings. The top one was in horrible shape on all 4 cylinders. I bought a kit and changed sleeves, pistons, bearings, and all the sleeve o rings. It wasn't too bad. It runs like a champ now and so far no coolant in the oil. I'm gonna put 25 hours or so on it and change the oil and filter again to make sure I got all the crud out of it.
Now the next task is to figure out why the battery isn't charging. I had the alternator checked and they rebuilt it. The light on the dash is on all the time when it's running. I think it is in the wiring as it doesn't look the best.
I also want to give it a good greasing too.
It is a little different driving than my hydrostatic Kubota though. I'm trying to get used to the reverser.