• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Way out wacky racers

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
At this writing it is almost 11:30 ET the wife and I have just returned from a morning of errand running. We started out by going for breakfast first. A local joint with home cooking and a pleasantly casual atmosphere. Upon finishing our meal and feeling much better about the day we started on our way the the Big Box store to rent a pressure washer for the weekend. (Sigh) I can't own one of everything I need...:cry: As we approached the main connector where the store is we noticed, just out of the intersection, this poor guy schlepping bags of concrete from the north bound side of the, where he had obviously lost some of the load, to his truck which was parked in the lane nearest the median on the Southbound side. he was being assisted by a good samaritan who had parked between the lost load and the traffic behind him. What this means to me is that as I make a right hand turn into the southbound lanes (one of which is occupied by his truck) I need to to slower and be careful not to take out the front passanger side of his truck.

I begin my turn, a million (or so it seemed) cars behind me, everyone of them in a hurry, all honking for me to "Go Faster". The car behiind me laid on thier horn and distracted me for a second as I looked in my rear view mirror. When I looked forward again I thought I was a little close to the truck and braked...sort of startled. This is where the fun begins.....The people behind me get all wigged out. They thought I was stopping short in response to thier horn. Out came the gestures and yelling from the window telling me to pull over so they could teach me how to drive...:finger2: along with a few other things. I pull into the left lane, ironically in the direction they had suggested. I figured to let them go around (as the wife had suggested) I even slowed down some to encourage said behavior. Much to the wife's dismay I suggested they might have other intentions....:2gunsfiri You can see how I'm feeling caught between a rock and a hard place here. I'm trying to be nice and let them go around but they just won't bite. The insults and gestures continue and my testosterone level is rising steadily. Did I mention that these were two 20 something folks, one male (passanger) one female (driver). Arms and fingers flailing from both windows and both screaming at the top of thier lungs. I turn into the big box parking lot thinking they might be getting tired by now....but Noooooooooo! He gets out of the car and starts chasing me on foot and she's right on my A**. Mrs Cowboy is not feeling the love and has threatened me with a life of chastity if I stop and get out.....meanwhile the guy on foot, remember him, is screaming something about his baby in the car and how I was being a jerk and such. Of course he put it much more eloquently, interjecting a whole host of explatives. Mrs C has now decided to call the authorities as she is visibly upset and frightened. Saturday morning at Wally World and HD is not the time or place to out manuver a raging lunatic. I get stuck between a couple of cars coming and going from parking spots as far away from the exit as I could be.:4_11_9: The two of them, on foot now, come to the drivers side window appearing to have gotten their second wind. Mrs Cowboy is having a rather excited conversation with the 911 operator....:smileywac Finally the path clears and I'm able to extracate myself from this most embarrasing moment. By now, all I wanted to do was get out, kick the guys butt and move on with the day.

I circled around back and parked in a spot near the rental door. Mrs Cowboy was still talking with the authorities. I said I needed the pressure washer and she could sit here and wait for the deputy while I went inside (I just had to get out of the car)

Needless to say it all ended in rather anti climatic fashion, which I guess is really for the best but if there is ever a reason why I like country life....this is about it!!!! I think life in the jungle would be less dangerous. I'm almost to a point where I want to take a big saw and cut this whole place off and let it drift into the sea. OkeeDon....I'd let you leave first...:beer:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jerks like that appear to be every state in our union. Dangit! Glad all ended okay. :)

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Get this crazy followup.....just after I typed this I went out to begin my "House Cleaning".. When we left for our errand run we decided to leave Ginger out in the yard as we didn't think we'd be gone long. Ginger was entertaining her new friend Molly. Molly is a golden retriever/poodle mix pup our neighbors across the street just got. Molly and ginger were having a good time together. Before we left I went across the street to let them know we were gonna run out for a bit and wouldn't be long. I said that Molly could stay in the yard with Ginger if they liked as the two were doing fine. When we got back I noticed Molly was gone. I didn't think much of it as I figured that the neighbor came to get the dog. Neighbor comes up and tells me of how some Ya hoo reached over the fence and put a leash on Molly and lead her out the gate and started to walk off with her. WHAT???? Yep...she stuck her head out the door to check on the dogs and here was this jerk walking down the street with Molly in tow. Guy tried to say that the dog had her head stuck in the fence and he was helping her out. Helping her out alright!!! Right out of the yard. She called the cops but by the time they got here he was gone. Either Ginger sucks as a guard dog or she was tired of sharing her yard witth Molly...LOL (Not much of a guard dog!!)

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Things like that come in 3's. You better be watching over your shoulder for the next few days. The crazies are after you!! :eek:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Doc said:
Things like that come in 3's. You better be watching over your shoulder for the next few days. The crazies are after you!! :eek:

I'd be on the lookout for some crazy guy chasing you down on the interstate, and trying to put a leash on Mrs. C and walk her out of the car! :17875: