• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ugh - the modern world

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Well I just entered the modern world and bought a mobile phone.

Ive had it for about 30 mins and already screwed up. I bought £5 from the till top up. Tried to key it in and no can do. Got to talk to some guy and hey topped it up for me. I found a little card at the bottom saying I need to put in that number to activate it so I can top up. Duh! So now Ive got a card saying I need to use that number to make it work, and as far as \i can tell it works :smileywac Dunno what ive screwed up but Ive done it all wrong already. I worked out how to shone the home phone and it rung so i guess it works, just dont know whether I can recieve calls, heck, I dont even know what the number is :confused:

Man, dont even know ow to work the thing, my japanese isnt that great so i cant even read the instructions.

I guess for my age its odd not knowing how to work one of these things but its pretty confusing. I think I will stick to tractors :StickOutT

So thats my days adventures :2gunsfiri

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
They ought to at least tell you what your number is ....but i have to admit, making my new one go live a year or so ago was quite a chore. I was on the phone with cusotmer service and they had to do their magic to make it work right.
Once it was up and running, it worked much like my home phone (very simple and dependable). Hope yours does to. Welcome to the world of cell phones Mith! :)

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
what is the number, we will all call you so that you can get some experience with it............dont mind the calls late at nite, we can leave a message in your voice mail and you can learn that too.

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Well youre welcome to call me, but I'm not gunna post the number on the board ;) PM if ya want!
I found it out by reading the other side of the manual, yes, there is and english side :D
The onjly problem ive found is that holding it out in the cold with warm hands it steams up :mad:

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Mith; I've not a clue what my number is and don't care to. The company supplies me with a pager, and I do know that number. Aren't electronic things wonderful? The manuals I think are originally printed in Japaneese, then sent to Korea for translating into Ancient Hebrew, then to the Sudan for final translation into English. For some reason something is lost.:smileywac

I just bought a DVD player. Same crap with the manual. What I really like is how the diagrams sometimes matchup with the instructions!:whistle:
:boobies: :beer: