• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

is there anything good on tv this season?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The one show I've seen that has potetial is Earl. It made me laugh and that's what I was looking for out of it.

Another qwirky show that is funny most of the time is HBO's Larry David show. It goes off on a tangent sometimes but usually by the end it all comes together for a 5 minute laugh fest. Does anyone else like it?

Have you seen any shows that are worth recommending this season (old or new).

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc said:

Filthy Rich Cattle Drive watch rich kids move them doggies
My Fair Brady the middle brady boy is 40+ and dating a 20ish old model
Hogan Knows Best hulk hogan teaches us how to raise out kids
Brittany & Kevin: Choatic their life; like anyone would actually care?
Inked a show about the inside fights between owners of a tattoo parlor

I don't make this crap up, I just report it.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob,
If you actually recommending this, your reputation points will drop I'm afraid! :)

Bizarre shows. You really have not watched any of I'd guess. ....but someone must be watching, probably the same one that watch jerrry springer and judge judy ....

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc said:
Bob,
If you actually recommending this, your reputation points will drop I'm afraid! :)

Bizarre shows. You really have not watched any of I'd guess. ....but someone must be watching, probably the same one that watch jerrry springer and judge judy ....

Don't even start dissin my pal Jerry;) I still rue the day that the Morton Downey Jr show got cancelled.:eek: But on a serious note, what channel is broadcasting re-runs of Sally Jesse Rafael, I missed the one episode that had the bi-sexual transvestite she-bitch dominatrix sex changed . . .

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Normal TV, hhhmmmmm, haven't watched any in a long time. I really got fed up with the shows that insulted what little mind I've got left. :( I just can't stand silliness for it's own sake, let alone the abuse of the English language, especially diction and pronunciation. I'm certainly not an English teacher, but I do try to speak intelligently for the most part. :rolleyes: :eek:
I've found myself watching the History Channel, HGTV, [when the prettyboy carpenters aren't there], CNN, The weather Channel, and some TMC. I can't get the RFD channel. Oh yeah, and Tiger Baseball on Fox Sports. ;) The rest of the time, I'm on this bloody computer with you guys.!!! :eek: :p :eek:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN don't ever come on at our house.
I normally watch a movie when I turn the TV on.
A little watching on documentary channels (The Military Channel, Science...).
I listen to FNC when going to bed.
I need the TV on so there's something there to distract my mind otherwise I can't get it to shut down. Same problem when I wake up for a potty break in the middle of the night. Brain starts working and then there's no way I'm getting back to sleep.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc said:

I just watched Anthony Bourdain, No Reservations on the Travel Channel. It was very enjoyable.

LarryRB

I'm stuck on all those building shows, most on HGTV. I watch Oliver North's military hour on Sunday and a host of those that show building bridge's, the Petronas towers, and have to watch Trucks on Saturday. Two guys garage is also a favorite.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sitting here thinking about this question again I think there is a lot of stuff that you can put up with but probably only a few shows that you look forward to watching every week.

So let me try something different. I watch TV whenever I am in the house. Not so much watch it as just have it one for some background, usually at modestly low volume. I will work on the laptop or read the paper or magazine and have the TV on. So I see quite a lot of stuff on TV, and will change the channels to get something more worthy of watching, but often not much is really good.

I look forward to getting home to watch Navy NCIS. I really enjoy it. When "24" is on, I do the same for that show.

I can think of no other show that I do that for.

Now there are shows that I will watch if they are on, American Chopper, Monster Garage both fascinate me because they make something from nothing/junk. I wish I was more skilled than I am. So I watch them out of envy, but only when the lovely Mrs_Bob is not around, she hates both shows. We will both watch some of the garden DIY shows as well as the house DIY shows too. But don't go out of our way for any of these.

Mrs_Bob likes Medium.
I like Number3, Monk, Stargate Atlantis, but if I miss them I don't care and I miss them at least as often as I see them.
We both really like Star Trek, but there is no version on right now, both of us will go out of our way to watch it.

JayC

Huh?
If you want a funny show, watch Monk. I've been watching since the first episode. I love that show. It is on USA. Monk (played by Tony Schaloub) is about an obsessive compulsive detective. It is hilarious. Right now it is in the off season. That show has had weird seasons since the start. The next season won't start until January sometime. It will run weekly (Friday nights at 10pm EST) for a couple months. Then the season is over. In June it usually picks up again (or was it July?).

I also like King of the Hill on Fox. :pelt: I do catch The Simpsons, although I'm not that fond of it anymore.

Deep Sea Detectives on the History channel was a favorite, as well. I'm not sure when the new episodes will be. I hope they are doing more.

I like watching Cops sometimes.

I love watching the forensic type shows on Discovery, A&E, and Court TV.

And lastly, I would recommend F1, but the season is about over. I like it alot better than Nascar. I think it's quite exciting.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc said:
I 've sort of gotten hooked on HBO's mini series "ROME" . It's fairly accurate as far as historical events are concerned . Anyway , it's worth a watch . John

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
One of our favorite shows comes from Miths part of the world. It's called Time Team, and is about archaeological digs in the Brittish Isles (other places too sometimes). The idea is that they only have three days to perform a public dig. We joke that in England, you can just push a shovel into the ground and dig up a Roman/Saxon/Normal/Celtic artifact. They really have dug up some quite interesting things, literally in peoples back yards. :cool:

Here in the states, it used to be shown on the History Channel, but thay pulled the show this year. Assholes. :2gunsfiri.

Dave

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Dave ,that was a great show ! I lived in the UK for 6 years. It always made me kind of homesick. The host (whoes name now excapes me ) was a character on Black Adder called Baldrick . The show was as funny as Fawlty Towers . John

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
nixon said:
I 've sort of gotten hooked on HBO's mini series "ROME" . It's fairly accurate as far as historical events are concerned . Anyway , it's worth a watch . John

Yeah, I'd agree. I've seen a couple of them and it makes you think of how they had to live, the little details that you don't think of right off normally.

loki2

Ncis. Las Vagas, Family guy, American Dad, Simpsons, CSI, Travel, history, movies, Net works, weather. I do not watch any sports, except the rare hocky game. and my fovorite is the news from CA. they got more killing and car chases, It is better than a regular mystery.

My TV is on 24 housrs a day. It is white noise. I sleep with it on too. I have done that all my life. Other wise I am listening and thinking all night long. the wolves Howling keep me awak too, and there is a bunch of them this year, my dog is outside now stirring them up.:drink: . It is just on in the backround. I only really watch it in the AM and in the Evening. Very restful to me. I do not have to think, which I do not do well anyway.:StickOutT

humor_me

loki2 said:
...my fovorite is the news from CA. they got more killing and car chases, It is better than a regular mystery.

Man, you should see the mexican channels...Azteca TV, Telemundo, Univision...all these have more blood & guts than your typical R rated movie (especially if they take down an alleged drug ring), not to mention the mexican newspapers.

Nip/Tuck, The Shield, and Rescue Me is always good, twisted entertainmant.

:tiphat:

Last edited by a moderator: