• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A Message From The Uneducated Voters Who Put Trump Over The Top

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
November 10, 2016 / Life on this Side of the Fence

If you watched any of the recent presidential election results, you may have noticed a recurring theme. As traditionally blue states turned red, a common phrase heard among reporters was that the “uneducated rural community” had made a larger turnout than what was expected. As a member of the rural community, which is quite educated might I add, I saw a few things wrong with this statement.

First, the political affiliations of a certain group of people should in no way merit the assumption of education, or lack thereof. In a society that claims to be open to all walks of life and discourages the labeling of cultural groups, I felt that the way rural voters were viewed was quite misguided.
Secondly, the definition of “uneducated” is the lack of education. Nowhere in that definition do I see that the lack of an Ivy League education or a formal college education counts as “uneducated”. Education takes place in so many other places besides a classroom. Early mornings and late nights spent in the barn, long tractor rides through open fields, and a walk through the woods gives you a real life education, and is something no four walls and a desk will ever give.

Rural life would not be possible for the “uneducated”. For many situations, like pulling a calf in the middle of the night, fixing a tractor in the middle of a field, or simply raising animals and crops, a step by step guide is not provided. Of course there are words of wisdom that are passed down through generations, but for this generation specifically, rural life requires a vast understanding of science, business management, production efficiency, and technology.

As someone with a degree in agricultural science, I am constantly reminded that it will be this generation’s job to feed the world with less land and with more efficiency than any generation before us. This isn’t something we take lightly. This is something we are preparing for, with every ounce of science, technology, and information we can grasp. But yet, we are the “uneducated” ones.

Well, I have a message for anyone who believes in the phrase that was so overused a night ago. We are far from “uneducated”. Rural Americans are the backbone of this country, they are the ones who endure the cold nights, the long summer days, and quite literally put their blood, sweat and tears into their business. They are people who truly love what they do, and have a deep desire to be successful at it, and that success wouldn’t come without education.

Rural America is a place I am proud to call my home, and is a group that I am proud to be associated with. So please, before you call us “uneducated”, remember that just because our walls aren’t covered with Ivy League degrees, doesn’t mean that our education means any less.

https://lifeonthissideofthefence.wordpress.com/2016/11/10/far-from-uneducated/

The media got it so wrong for so long and then resorts to blaming the uneducated rural people of the USA when the election did not go their way. No longer will they be able to dupe the American People into voting for their favorite as we woke up to that fact and proved them wrong. Now they need to start announcing the news and let the news take the people where they need to be on decision process in politics. We want news straight up and out of the box, no BS attached and personal opinions should be left at the newsroom door before addressing the news. If this occurred we would have no need for left wing and right wing news. It could come from one source as the REAL NEWS unadulterated and with true facts. JMHO

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
November 10, 2016 / Life on this Side of the Fence

If you watched any of the recent presidential election results, you may have noticed a recurring theme. As traditionally blue states turned red, a common phrase heard among reporters was that the “uneducated rural community” had made a larger turnout than what was expected. As a member of the rural community, which is quite educated might I add, I saw a few things wrong with this statement.

First, the political affiliations of a certain group of people should in no way merit the assumption of education, or lack thereof. In a society that claims to be open to all walks of life and discourages the labeling of cultural groups, I felt that the way rural voters were viewed was quite misguided.
Secondly, the definition of “uneducated” is the lack of education. Nowhere in that definition do I see that the lack of an Ivy League education or a formal college education counts as “uneducated”. Education takes place in so many other places besides a classroom. Early mornings and late nights spent in the barn, long tractor rides through open fields, and a walk through the woods gives you a real life education, and is something no four walls and a desk will ever give.

Rural life would not be possible for the “uneducated”. For many situations, like pulling a calf in the middle of the night, fixing a tractor in the middle of a field, or simply raising animals and crops, a step by step guide is not provided. Of course there are words of wisdom that are passed down through generations, but for this generation specifically, rural life requires a vast understanding of science, business management, production efficiency, and technology.

As someone with a degree in agricultural science, I am constantly reminded that it will be this generation’s job to feed the world with less land and with more efficiency than any generation before us. This isn’t something we take lightly. This is something we are preparing for, with every ounce of science, technology, and information we can grasp. But yet, we are the “uneducated” ones.

Well, I have a message for anyone who believes in the phrase that was so overused a night ago. We are far from “uneducated”. Rural Americans are the backbone of this country, they are the ones who endure the cold nights, the long summer days, and quite literally put their blood, sweat and tears into their business. They are people who truly love what they do, and have a deep desire to be successful at it, and that success wouldn’t come without education.

Rural America is a place I am proud to call my home, and is a group that I am proud to be associated with. So please, before you call us “uneducated”, remember that just because our walls aren’t covered with Ivy League degrees, doesn’t mean that our education means any less.

https://lifeonthissideofthefence.wordpress.com/2016/11/10/far-from-uneducated/

The media got it so wrong for so long and then resorts to blaming the uneducated rural people of the USA when the election did not go their way. No longer will they be able to dupe the American People into voting for their favorite as we woke up to that fact and proved them wrong. Now they need to start announcing the news and let the news take the people where they need to be on decision process in politics. We want news straight up and out of the box, no BS attached and personal opinions should be left at the newsroom door before addressing the news. If this occurred we would have no need for left wing and right wing news. It could come from one source as the REAL NEWS unadulterated and with true facts. JMHO

Absolutely!!! :wink:

Rural America has been written of by the left. We are flyover country these days to them. They may be educated, but that does not mean they are not idiots. :yum:

A look at the election map tells the story. Rural America spoke to the Urbanites clearly, and loudly. :biggrin:

In 2 more years we can, in an off year election, take back even more Senate seats, like 9 or 10 of them. And with 27 States now completely republican controlled the left has had their azzes handed to them. It will take decades for them to become relevant again. :brows:

Regards, Kirk

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OT but ...
Why is it okay for politicians to talk of the black or latino voters and how they will vote but a police officer cannot state the same about a suspect? Shouldn't rules be the same for both groups, politicians and police?

Good letter. Thanks for sharing Bill.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I have a cousin who is a master electrician and works all around the world for the company he works for, as is his son who works for the same company.

I find it hard to believe that the left deems them uneducated because they voted for Trump, but since they do I would suggest that the next time they need an electrician, plumber, mechanic, welder or whatever, they do the job themselves. :biggrin:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Absolutely!!! :wink:

Rural America has been written of by the left. We are flyover country these days to them. They may be educated, but that does not mean they are not idiots. :yum:

A look at the election map tells the story. Rural America spoke to the Urbanites clearly, and loudly. :biggrin:

In 2 more years we can, in an off year election, take back even more Senate seats, like 9 or 10 of them. And with 27 States now completely republican controlled the left has had their azzes handed to them. It will take decades for them to become relevant again. :brows:

Regards, Kirk

Rural America had also been written off by the Republicans. We tend to forget that Trump, the 500 - 1 shot, first had to beat the best the Republicans in power could throw at him. Now they must play catch up or die. Some are slowly getting the message. Ryan actively campaigned Wisconsin, but only in the last week. A few backed off their never Trump stand.

'18 should be a continuation and strengthening of the New People Party. More so in '20.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
If the Highly Educated and Intelligent Coastal Elites really want to understand why Tuesday happened and how all us
ig'nernt, kuntry hicks did this, they should read this book:

iu