• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Yes, She's old and Ugly !

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
But, She's always gotten the job done . So, it's a salute to this old girl !
She's the finest thing in Military cargo delivery yet designed . 53-3129 - ?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqUi94h11jI"]YouTube - C-130 Music Video "Four Fans of Freedom"[/ame]

American Woman

Site Supporter
She may be old but these guys still have a lot of trust in'er.
Youth is great..... the way they jump out like that with no fears. :thumb:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
You're right . To call her ugly was an wrong . She's my favorite acft. I actually love that old bird . I was even lucky enough to work 3129 when She was an AC130 .If I called them less than sleek ,would that be better ? :)
It'll be a long time before any one comes up with a better design .

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I spent a lot of time in them in AK. You always flew with confidence that she would get you where you were going despite the weather. Here is one of the last ones I flew on out to Attu Island. Is she beautiful or what?

It's true, sometimes the coasties would let us zoomies ride their girl. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• HC-130_1600_color.jpg
    HC-130_1600_color.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 153

urednecku

Site Supporter
Yes, they are beautiful. And I find it awsome the power you can feel just by seeing one flying over or near ya.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
She's been around for as long as I have, at least the C130A has. Including the Air Force, the National Guard and the Reserves there are more than 500 of them still in service.
There were many versions of the basic design including the C-130 Hercules, EC-130H Compass Call, EC-130J Commando Solo, MC-130E Combat Talon I, MC-130E Combat Talon II, MC-130P Combat Shadow, MC-130W Combat Spear and the WC-130H. There are more I'm sure. The WC-130H can stay airborne for 15 hours collecting weather data.......what a bird