• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

This Daylight savings really sucks !!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I hate it . If I work during the day , by the time I get home its dark as hell .:sad: Why do we still have this ? They don't do it in Panama ...

Hard to get anything done outside when it 5 PM and already dark outside !!!!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Al, I think this is regular time now. We went off of Daylight Savings time and that's why it's dark when most of us get home. We don't stay on daylight savings time because that makes it to dark in the morning for the kiddo's catching buses and going to school.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al, I think this is regular time now. We went off of Daylight Savings time and that's why it's dark when most of us get home. We don't stay on daylight savings time because that makes it to dark in the morning for the kiddo's catching buses and going to school.

Who cares about the kids ??? They don't want to learn anyway . Come on ....
Lets make a old guy happy and give me back my daylight :w00t2:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I would add that Panama is below the tropic of Cancer an therefore the day and night interval ratios hardly change with any season as it does in the Northern and southern hemispheres. Nite and day are roughly equal all year.

Daylight savings time would not have any benefits in the tropical or subtropical regions.

The best purpose of DST is the extended daylight after normal work times. The Standard time must return in winter, so that our kids are not getting off the school bus in the dark.

But the true purpose of DST is an evil government cover up. They take an hour away from each citizen every spring and store it somewhere, like at Area 51. Later that fall they return them all, except for those hours belonging to anyone who died during the summer. Only super top secret government officials know exactly what they do with those stolen hours but they most certainly keep them for some nefarious purpose.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Al, I just don't understand you. You couldn't get to Panama fast enough and now here you are back again and nothing here seems to please you. Care to explain.
Mike

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Al, I just don't understand you. You couldn't get to Panama fast enough and now here you are back again and nothing here seems to please you. Care to explain.
Mike
He's grumpy, that happens at his age... :wink:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Funny how we got along without this time change until some whiny ass liberals got some rollover politicians to change what God had put in place from day #1. Yes, they really do think that they are smarter than God.

Franc really nailed it with the time theft conspiracy theory as well. I'm leaning towards believing that one also.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Al it gets light an hour earlier. So just get up an hour earlier and ignor the clock, work daylight hours then go home for you rum and coke....

Regards, Kirk

Kane

Al it gets light an hour earlier. So just get up an hour earlier and ignor the clock, work daylight hours then go home for you rum and coke....

Regards, Kirk
Indeed. I give no quarter to clocks, but simply rise, work, play and retire with the rhythm of the sun and the season. DST has no meaning, one way or the other.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I hate it . If I work during the day , by the time I get home its dark as hell .:sad: Why do we still have this ? They don't do it in Panama ...

Hard to get anything done outside when it 5 PM and already dark outside !!!!
WTF is this WORK of which you speak? I thought your sorry ass was retired, and you were comfortable enough to not need to take work away from much younger men who need the work to feed their families?? Frickin greedy liberals...and then to bitch about it to boot. Sheesh...

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Me thinks that Al has turned his clocks the wrong way!!!!!!!:whistling:
I ain't mad no more . I made my own time zone !!! The old clock shows 7:16 but I adjusted mine and made it 9:16 . I should have thought of this years ago .Life is almost good again . :smile: