• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

new to me, 1977 Tucker 1344

pooreds

I just purchased my 1977 Tucker 1344 from a cabin neighbor, it had not been started in 9 years. i got it started, YAY. it has an LH318. one problem is, I dont know if it has the correct carburetor on it. it's a Carter 2 barrel, tag on front has part # 6584S and also #2545. i would like to replace it, still using a manual choke and manual throttle. i can find reman units that look similar that would probably work. i curious if anyone has the correct carter part number or recommendation. i have a hydraulic, bearing and belting background, those parts are not an issue.

Attachments

• tucker day1.jpg
    tucker day1.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 283
  • 90594E72-D744-4152-83D4-1E664795862B.jpeg
    90594E72-D744-4152-83D4-1E664795862B.jpeg
    347.6 KB · Views: 277
Last edited by a moderator:

olympicorange

.... very nice ,... looks pretty clean. lucky you got it going after 9 yrs. must not have had any ethanol fuel in it. 2BBL.'S /carters are the norm. so, did the bears get to the mirrors & stand on the hood...ouch....:smile:

pooreds

snow from the tree it was under crushed the hood and roof and ripped off the headlights. hood has been mostly straightened, roof is next. mirrors are in the trash. it didnt leak, inside is in great shape. Bought new 7" chrome headlight buckets from Speedway Motors, they look great

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the forum!

I'm quite sure the original carburetor was a Carter model BBD 2 BBL. That said, that carburetor was used in many different applications over a number of years, and it was available in different configurations. That being the case, I'm sorry to say knowing it was a "Carter BBD" really isn't much help.

ghase1

Hi pooreds!
I think I'm your cabin neighbor as well. Sky High Ranch, Calaveras? I think I recognize your new Tucker. Good to hear it is running again!

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
go easy on those turns. i can see gravel inside the track edge.
that gravel that gets in the tracks put chips in my pb sprokets when i run on our driveway.

olympicorange

……… are those two extra ''ice-breakers '' bogies ,...on the Left rear track frame,...or just ''refurbished'' bogies. if so , you can swap around to the rear bogie positions on each track frame. how about the right side bogies,... more pics ...:thumbup:

pooreds

here is the sprocket on the rear passenger side, it is worn out, the driver side is almost as bad. the front sprockets are OK. i know Fall Line can refurb these, is that my best choice? thanks

Attachments

• sprocket tucker .jpg
    sprocket tucker .jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 164