• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Great start to a new boating season

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Marina splashed the Carver. The marina is about 9000 feet from my slips. Halfway to my slips I hit something with my port prop. It's definitely bent.
Crap.
Well, at least I'm having my first cigar of the summer on my dock.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear this.

My first boating attempt is next week. Our 30 ft Islander has not left the slip for over 18 months. Last year the water level was so high we could not even get to our boat. Last fall the Corps of engineers ha it so low it wasn't worth sailing. So we buttoned things up and did not return until last week.

To our amazement, everything was OK. Dry bilges, Motor started, all systems we tested came up.:clap:

Next weekend we hope to be launching the Maxum cruiser. It's been on the hard for well over two years. I doubt it's re-entry to lake life will go as well. :shitHitFan: