• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thanks for the off-road section

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for creating this area.

I have a few ATV's (though not as many as I used to), a RTV and 2 seater go-cart. Once I part with some toys (to make some room), I think I'll get a Rhino.

Who else is out here with off-road vehicles?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a couple of ATV's. Both Honda's. One is 4wd (450ES), the other is a 2wd 300cc Fourtrax model. Both handle our acreage just fine. I'd like one of those new UTV's or RTV's whatever the ones are called with a little dump bed on the back. I just can't imagine it going everywhere and doing as well as the ATV's. Plus they cost 9k & up. So, for now, we'll make due with our little ATV's.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc said:
I'd like one of those new UTV's or RTV's whatever the ones are called with a little dump bed on the back. I just can't imagine it going everywhere and doing as well as the ATV's. Plus they cost 9k & up.

It the price tag doesn't scare you, take a look at them.

I haven't heard one person say their Yamaha Rhino couldn't go where an ATV could (width is the one exception).

The Kubota RTV can't do things like an ATV or the Rhino but it'll work like a tractor. I used to put several hundred miles/year on my ATV's but since getting my RTV last year, I don't even touch the ATV's. Honestly, the tractor sits most of the time as well. I sold all but 1 of mine (I had 4). Obviously, I can't sell the kids quads but they ride with me all the time in the RTV.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I do..

Kawasaki 750 Brute Force
Honda 450ES Foreman

Gotta have one were we live. Ride mostly on the coldest days in winter with the ATVer's from our sportsmens club. We always have one hooked to a trailer now with all the chit I got going on around my place.

Did I mention firewood........FREE to a good home if your near W PA.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
"Hi, I'm Dargo and I'm an ATVaholic".

Group "Hi Dargo".

Until a couple of years ago, I had a Honda 4X4, and 3 Honda Pilots (not the cars either). Oh yeah, and a JD 4X6 diesel Gator. One of my Pilots had a trick setup and long travel suspension. It would run a little over 70 mph, and the other two Pilots would run around 60! :)

My son flipped the ATV over when I was teaching him how to operate it and I broke my right femur keeping it off of him. That was the last ATV. I kept the Pilots for a while, figuring that with a 5 pt harness, wrist restraints, and a full cage that they were much safer. It just became a PIA to find parts (1990 was the last year for them) and I had a throttle cable break on my fast one and went rocketing into the woods at around 70 mph before I could manage to yank the kill switch out. Fortunately, I wasn't hurt, but I can't say the same for that Pilot. :( I only had 1 wheel still attached when I finally stopped moving.

Anyway, that only left me with the JD Gator 4X6 I'd had for years. It was a work horse, but not really any fun. I sold it and bought an RTV. It was a compromise between the work and fun. All the Pilots went bye-bye as well. (those I sort of miss, but they bring big dollars now). Then I made the mistake of test riding the Yamaha Rhino. Oh yeah! With a few mods, as fast as any ATV I've been on, and it has a roll cage and you can take people with you!! I'm seriously considering adding another Rhino to my stable. The one I have now will climb hills that even the most experienced ATV riders in our group simply passed on trying. I climbed that hill with a guy sitting next to me and with another guy hanging onto the roll cage and screaming his lungs out in the back. :eek: Yeehaa!!

loki2

Yup, I sold my Grizz, kept my Arctic Cat 650 Twin, and got a Rhino. AC only gets used when I have a friend plow with it, and he comes behind the Rhino to clean up. The Rhino will go anywhere an ATV will, with the width the only limiter, and I get by that problem by carrying a chain saw.
I put as much as 3 or 4,K a year on my toys. Rhino is really comfortable for my bad back. Seats are great.
Try it you'll like it.