• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kroger Co is rolling out a digital shopping checkout experience called ‘Scan, Bag, Go

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/kroger-scan-bag-does-173102443.html

Hey everyone can pump gas and everyone can bag their own groceries.
Why not?

What do you think?
Kroger Co is rolling out a digital shopping checkout experience called ‘Scan, Bag, Go.’

The retailer announced that it is looking to cut out on its customers’ shopping time by adding more checkout options, including digital shopping scanners to go along with the company’s physical cashiers operating the counter.

The checkout process is simple as Scan, Bag, Go allows shoppers to scan bar codes on the items they are purchasing, using either a handheld scanner or through the Kroger’s smartphone app, while they walk through the store picking up items.

Once consumers finish up their shopping, they can head out to self-checkout kiosks where valid coupons are tallied and applied to their shopping, followed by a final total that is instantly calculated. Eventually, shoppers will not even need to uses these kiosks altogether as they will be able to pay directly through the app, according to Kroger.

The platform will reportedly be rolled out to 400 of the grocery chain’s stores later this year, putting Kroger’s one step ahead of Wal-Mart Stores Inc (NYSE:WMT) as the latter is rolling out a similar service called ‘Scan & Go,’ which will only be in 200 of its stores by the end of 2018.

Other grocery chains have already implemented similar services such as Winco Foods, LLC in the western U.S., except this retailer does not accept credit cards as a form of payment.

KR stock gained 0.3% on Wednesday.
Years ago they stopped taking it to peoples cars. Now this. Bag it yourself no service.
And what about the jobs that are lost?

What next? Won't need a phone it can just scan this:

Revelation 13:16-18
He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate fthe number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Krogers here has a feature where you use their app to shop the store. Select when you want to pick up the items you wanted. Then just go to the store, call and let them know you are out side the store in the targeted parking area. They bring the groceries out, double check the list, load the groceries in your car and off you go.

I started to use that option once, but I had to wait 4 hours before I could pick up the goods, and I wanted them now. So I canceled and went in. I have been in the lot and watched others who have used that service. Appears to be a viable option for some. As for what you posted about Cat, it might catch on but it will take time. Self check out lanes are usually empty or used by folks with two or three items.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I use the self checkout all the time because it is quicker. Half the regular checkouts are never open because they don't want to hire more help, so longer lines there.

I do my part to ensure employment by NEVER putting my cart back in the collection area. Screw that. Hire somebody to come and get it. :yum:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I prefer self-checkout. Our local Safeway took out their self-checkout so I almost never go in there anymore.

Lining up at the cashier is painful. I want out of the store as fast as possible.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I prefer for me to stay home and wife shops.
And cooks too.
Oh, and the laundry too.
She washes and waxes the boat too.
I work smart, not hard..............