• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

76 Tucker Clutch Kit

Briarpatch

I just recently put a new clutch kit in the tucker. It started out to be a challange trying to find the right parts. NAPA had every thing right except the clutch disc. It needed to be a 10 spline 13" with a 1.38" hub. They gave me a disc with a 1.5" hub and said it will work. I don't think so! I finally tracked down a LUK clutch number that crosses over to a car quest number (W05-047) Everything was correct except the throwout bearing did not fit the throwout collar. I had to order that bearing (SKF N1087) seperately and pressed the old one off and the new one on! Everything went together just fine and back on the trail again. The NPG 4 speed transmission is a tight fit as this particular cat was set up and ordered with a plow. A lot of plates were welded on just below the transmission. Maybe this information will help someone.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know a lot of Tuckers had Chrysler engines.

Did they also commonly use Chrysler transmissions? It might be nice to start a database of the common Tuckers and what their engine/transmission combinations were. If we had that then Tucker owners could use it for a cross reference for parts, and perhaps even post common NAPA part numbers, etc.

Any Tucker owners want to start posting your engine/transmission information here?

Briarpatch

The Tucker I have has a 318 with a 4 speed NPG transmission. I believe the transmission to be a model 435. I have the Chrysler maintenance manual for the industrial engines/transmissions, etc. I know when you ask for a clutch for the tuckers, you need to specify the D400-600 Heavy Duty Trucks. According to the manual that I have they make the 318-1 with an 11" clutch and the 318-3 with the 13" clutch.