• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My new to me Tucker

So I just made a deal with a guy to buy his '60s ?? Tucker snocat for $1000. All I know about it is its a sedan,it seats 4, has a 6 cylinder engine that runs. More info and pictures when I go pick it up. :beer:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats. :clap:

Will be waiting for pictures...

Meanwhile, I hope it's not this one... :doh:

crash.jpg

http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=9008

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Boy, that brings back memories. In the early 60"s or late 50's, I rode one of those things up the old roadbed along the Frying Pan River to the Carlton Tunnel (Colorado), then skied back down. What I remember most is that while it would seat 4, it did not seat 4 comfortably. Coldest, most cramped ride I have ever experienced. If I remember, the cab was not insulated and sheet metal. The heater terrible. By late morning, however, the sun came out, and the cross country skiing fresh powder was wonderful. The machine was owned by the power company and was used to patrol a major power line crossing the divide. If I remember, the engine was a plymouth flat head 6. Lookind forward to pictures

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking forward to the photos. It will be interesting to find out what model it is that you are getting!

So I'm having some troubles, seems the guy that owns the place where the cat has been parked for the last 5 yrs suddenly wants it. I guess he should have spoken up sometime in the last 5 yrs, the cat owner says its mine so haha. Being persistant and bullheaded I will prevail.:clubem:

Finally got it home today, its a 1969 Tucker 440A. I was told it runs but the only thing I can see its missing is the starter and the key which has been hot wired. With a little love and care she'll be almost ready for winter.

Heres some pics

Attachments

• Tucker 001.jpg
    Tucker 001.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 310
  • Tucker 002.jpg
    Tucker 002.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 308
  • Tucker 003.jpg
    Tucker 003.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 305
  • Tucker 005.jpg
    Tucker 005.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 296

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
You've never seen a Kristi. :wussie:

Now maybe you can tell us about the view from the back of a tow truck... :poke: :rolf2:

I also received with the cat a bunch of parts. There are 2 fibreglass pontoons with all the hardware, one length of track in 2 pieces with only a hand full of rollers and one spring pack. I might be interested in trading the pontoons for some metal ones,I have 3 in all.

mattfidaho

You've never seen a Kristi. :wussie:

Now maybe you can tell us about the view from the back of a tow truck... :poke: :rolf2:

Krusty..... I think my blade keeps snagging on them when they break down and get covered with snow just out of the parking lot.

on the flip side, if the krusty owners would stop having to pay to have a 4 track pull them out maybe they could afford to get one running :) :yum:
:whistling: