• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1450 Rearend issue

rockhead

There is definitely something goofy in there :-( There is a notable drift to the right that goes away after a half mile, until then it is continual corrections to the left. Vibration ? Yup. Follow with overheating (rearend) with only a few miles in and a few hundred feet climb. Is there much/any faint hope its a band adjustment ? Oh and also a huge bang and the brake pedal does not engage anymore.

Attachments

• catTrack.jpg
    catTrack.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 206

PJL

Sure sounds like a tight band, which would explain the overheating. First thing I would check. Big bang? Don't know but it sounds bad.

rockhead

Steering still functioned to limp back to the truck, I suspect the bang was something to do with the brake system, not sure if it was an addon, never looked too close. IIRC there is a disc brake on the drive shaft or at the rear end, I suspect there is a hose that could not handle the heat. The brake pedal worked exactly as a non-power brake would be expected to before the bang, after it is just mush.
So that much heat that fast on bad bands, wow, maybe I get luck . . .

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
rock head,

my 1450 has a drum brake at the differential input, I call that the pinion.

My brake made moving my cat very difficult as crud was wadding up under and between the drum and shoes. I cleaned that out and it rolled freely again.

My point, perhaps you have two problems