• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New ST4 Grousers

nwerring

Hi,
There is a guy in Germany who can make new Grousers for the 2-band track. I am about to let him know how many I need - to get a price from him.
Is there anyone else who might to join in a group order?
I am in Norway, so shipping has to be organized to the US or wherever you are.
It´s the same as in the photo, but without the rubber part.

Attachments

• SNOW-TRAC-ST4-B-9740.JPG
    SNOW-TRAC-ST4-B-9740.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 438

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't think it is rubber I believe it is hdpe which in my mind is too slick, it would be nice to have a rubber pad for hard ground and ice but not hdpe there is a reason they use it on the bottom of skis and snow plows. they look nice but would be labor intense to make enough for a whole track, unless you had some kind of cnc machine to cut and weld them. I have never sent any to nor way if you needed a few I have used grousers and a few coveted nos grousers I could sell.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am not prepared to order however I would be interested in a price for a full compliment of them.

I will sit down before I would read the price.

Mike

nikos

Hi,
There is a guy in Germany who can make new Grousers for the 2-band track. I am about to let him know how many I need - to get a price from him.
Is there anyone else who might to join in a group order?
I am in Norway, so shipping has to be organized to the US or wherever you are.
It´s the same as in the photo, but without the rubber part.

nwerring
Mr Wolfgang is the guy from German.
www.spur1-lenningen.de

wolfi.haug@web.de

Nikos

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
What I thought interesting was the first set of new grousers they built and the failures. Oh my, I bet you would not have needed to know German that day to know they were cuss words.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
What I thought interesting was the first set of new grousers they built and the failures. Oh my, I bet you would not have needed to know German that day to know they were cuss words.
at that point not German but French.

jask

Wolfgang has one of my favorite SnowTrac restoration pages! they did an awesome job of documenting a first class build.
I found the best way to view the page was to open a session of google translate on another tab and cut and paste each section as I was reading.
The pads are actually a polyurethane material- not as hard or slippery as HDPE.
I think his site listed his own costs to make them back then as over 3000 euro, I doubt they have gotten any cheaper ;) but they would allow you to travel over paved or finished surfaces without damage and would probably sidehill very well.
The original design was an alternating offset from center line polyurethane pad.
The sections on the gas tank and interior are awesome! as are the pictures of the very nice workshop.
I have the information on the tires he used as well if anyone is interested.

jask

Wolfgangs tires:

[FONT=Arial, serif]4.00-16 TT AS Front T9[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, serif]Continental[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, serif]Tractor front tire
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, serif] ( as far as I can find out this is only available in the UK and Europe ) http://www.heuver.com/item/158/4-00-16-continental-t9-4pr
[/FONT]

SE – Reifen 4.00 – 4 Rota/2.50 C4
Trelleborg

( same story here again.... ) http://translate.google.ca/translat...reifen/Super_Elastik_Reifen/Rota/&prev=search

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am interested at that price. 20$ per grouser is reasonable. Shipping would be interesting. Anyone have any good ideas?

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
they likely don't have them there but I normally use flat rate boxes to mail them out

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I wont sell off a whole track I can let a few go I have a new parts machine I wont have in town till next winter that one will be parted out 100%

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
no it isn't its a 2 bander with a liquid cooled engine in it I put up some pics a couple years ago when I was hunting.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
This gives me an idea on what to do when I get to building my own tracks for the DMC.

I like the grip on the current ones, but hate how they rip up & damage hard packed stuff, along with the asphalt in front of my garage.

I'm still contemplating on switching the suspension to torsion axle setup, hoping to have that fabbed and ready to roll by next season, but this design of the grouser would be an interesting one to try out on the DMC as well.

Shipping - if anyone cares to check into it - best way to go is SEA, there are plenty of companies that do consignments for cargo, and it would be cheapest, otherwise USPS/EMS or any other air freight would be at least 2-3 times more expensive, I guess unless someone gotta have it "now" :)

US customs are pretty easy to work with on receiving any such items, especially if this is for your personal use and not resale

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
One of the >few< things that the previous owners of my trac did that has worked for me. The tube style grousers. The tubes support well on hard and gravel. I'm still going to modify them to a progressive style to reduce stress when running on gravel/dirt.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
nick on yours a tube style grouser would be a good alternative they would be heavy even cooler would be to cut a taper in both sides and leave the centers tubular this would provide support an hard ground while still enhancing traction on soft terrain.