• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I love my iMac but..

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
it has been quite a learning curve for me. I get by but never considered myself a computer guru by any stretch of the imagination.

In preparing to do more on line banking my wife and I agreed that a mac would be safer against the bad guys trying to keylog or whatever it is they do to separate your money and you.

So I have had the iMac for a year now and like it very much, but find many things annoying compared to our trusty old XP SP3 lap top.

Most of the time cannot click on a jpeg from a web site and save it to iphoto. The wheel of death just keeps on turning. On xp I right click, save as, pick a folder and away I go. Must be doing something wrong.

In trying to import photos to iphoto from wifes camera, invariably in will stop the process saying there is an incompatible photo, never saying which one.

In Xp the wizard runs right through it.

There's more but I rambling. I must be doing something wrong. :glare: I just wish it would say what so I could fix it. :smile:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm in the same boat except I only have about 8 hours into trying again to learn a Mac. This tiny keyboard has to go. I think I may like their 'magic mouse'. My biggest problem right now (PLEASE HELP) is, how in the heck do you make the toolbar bigger??? I have found where I can hold down the 'command' key and then hit the "+" button to increase the website size, but it doesn't make the menu or toolbar any larger. The whole freaking idea of a 27" monitor, at least to me, was to keep me from having to lean closer to the screen to see something!

Anyone know how to make the toolbar/menu bar larger?

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
On my MacBook for the 'toolbar' It's called 'dock'

System preferences- dock- use the sliders

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
On my MacBook for the 'toolbar' It's called 'dock'

System preferences- dock- use the sliders

Thanks, but I'm talking about the actual menu bar and bookmark bars at the top. I just called Mac tech support and discovered that there is no way to change the size of them. Not a good start with me and a Mac again. :hammer:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You can create a folder on your desktop for pics and simply drag any pic you want to save to that folder. I prefer renaming most pics I save but don't know how you'd do that until after you saved them and went to that folder.

For more mac info check this out:
http://www.apple.com/findouthow/mac/#personalizingmac

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
You can create a folder on your desktop for pics and simply drag any pic you want to save to that folder. I prefer renaming most pics I save but don't know how you'd do that until after you saved them and went to that folder.

For more mac info check this out:
http://www.apple.com/findouthow/mac/#personalizingmac

Thanx! Appreciate the help and the link. I will try that. These learning curves get harder the older one gets. :ermm:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
To move and resize pictures, use the Export in iPhoto. At the very top of the box that comes up, click on File Export. You can choose formats and sizes.
In the next box, you can rename it and choose a location.

Pictures that are already on your desktop can be resized, turned and tweaked in Preview.

Dargo- I'm guessing that you are talking about the browser; Safari. Maybe a different browser will let you change the size ?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
92% use PCs for a reason. 8% fall for Apple marketing.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. :neutral:

To move and resize pictures, use the Export in iPhoto. At the very top of the box that comes up, click on File Export. You can choose formats and sizes.
In the next box, you can rename it and choose a location.

Pictures that are already on your desktop can be resized, turned and tweaked in Preview.

Dargo- I'm guessing that you are talking about the browser; Safari. Maybe a different browser will let you change the size ?

Thanx for the help. Gonna try that. :smile: