• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

"Senor! Buy me a beer" story

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
When I first arrived in Panama ,I would often sit in the town square , on the main island , and watch the construction work that was going on . There building techniques are about 50 year behind us in the states .
Anyway this became a habit of mine in the morning as I was interested in learning as much as posible about local building techniques.
One morning as I sat on my bench , a older Panamaian gentleman sat down beside me . We talked for a while about all the building in town and how the area was growing . After about 5 minutes the old boy turned to me and said:
"Senor, Why don't you buy me a beer and we can talk some more "?
It was 8AM in the morning ! I explained to him in the nicest way I could that I did not buy beer for someone I did not know and that it was also way too early to be drinking .

He grunted, nodded in agreement and started watching the building going on again . A couple of minutes passed and he turned to me again . He had obviously put some hard thinking into the matter . This time he said :

"Senor !Can you loan me a dollar so I can buy us a couple of beers and get to know each other" ?

I still laugh everytime I think about that day in the square .
Its one of my "happy Places"

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
No , I did not loan him the dollar . I would have had a coffee or bought him breakfast , but not beer .

Didn't figure you would, but you left us hanging...

Most like that aren't interested in breakfast or coffee anyway that want a beer that early in the morning...