• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ratrak

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know if this is the right forum but does anyone out there know anything about a ratrak snow cat? Hydrostatic drive V6 chevy looks a lot like a bombardier sv250 thanks Martin

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know if this is the right forum but does anyone out there know anything about a ratrak snow cat? Hydrostatic drive V6 chevy looks a lot like a bombardier sv250 thanks Martin

Picture ?

There was a Ratrac made that had a Subaru engine in originally
It was hydrostatic

Some of the Thiokols That went to Europe were called Ratraks

But many snowgroomers and snowcats are called that because it means “snowgroomer “ over in Europe

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
one with a Subaru is locally . what I read is the tracks were troublesome.
jim

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• 972E5D11-3F51-4B8B-BB15-1FD9CA32CA84.jpeg
    972E5D11-3F51-4B8B-BB15-1FD9CA32CA84.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 243
  • BCDEE079-4E3E-44AD-BE72-F39E7C6537B5.jpeg
    BCDEE079-4E3E-44AD-BE72-F39E7C6537B5.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 238
  • A00FAE87-EA18-4464-83F1-20012A68DABD.jpeg
    A00FAE87-EA18-4464-83F1-20012A68DABD.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 243

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Unfortunately that was the one with the Subaru, the engine was the best part
I HAD two at one time sold them both at the same time so maybe it could keep the one running at least 100 yards or more. If your looking at one run don’t walk away. The tracks were a mess as were the hydraulics

mlang2005

Where they hydrostatic? Looks like a mico on the dash, that might suggest it’s mechanical drive?
Looks like it has a smaller raised up front tension wheel? Did it try and drive out of the track?
The sprocket looks interesting as well, rebuildable?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Where they hydrostatic? Looks like a mico on the dash, that might suggest it’s mechanical drive?
Looks like it has a smaller raised up front tension wheel? Did it try and drive out of the track?
The sprocket looks interesting as well, rebuildable?

They were a poorly designed hydrostatic machine the tracks were made of plastic in the center. Basically Argo track components with cleats bolt on.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
The seller finally just sent me the info from the manufacturer plate. it is a 1986 model#r5004g6017 nv hwy. 40 evergreen Co.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the one near my home.
DSC00314_1.jpg
there is one up here to sitting the same way with no tracks. we crack on the kristy folks about their machines never seeing snow for a little fun but I think these ratrak's are really the ones that never will operate on snow again.