• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Not a bunker, but it has potential for ???

AndyM

Charter Member
Bczoom has a bunker, and had a thread a while back discussing possible uses for it.

After seeing the old Cairo School property selling at auction recently, and now listed for sale, it got me thinking about possible uses.

Of course my wife would never let me buy the property, but it's fun to think about it.

Just for fun, throw out your ideas...

It's on nine acres and has six buildings on the property and is listed for $47,500 (it sold at auction a month ago for $30,000, so the price is obviously negotiatable)
http://townandcountrywv.com/rm/listings/l0019.html

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Corperate Training class rooms. The companies hire the trainer you provide the facilities for the class.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I look at purchasing schools and such.

The location obviously will dictate potential opportunities.

A school would convert nicely into an office building. The classrooms become offices or cube farms. The cafeteria could be transferred into a small restaurant. The gym remains as an exercise facility for employees.

Light manufacturing is also an option for an old school.

Looking at the pics provided, the high school may be viable for an office area but the other buildings wouldn't make it due to condition. For those I would probably rent to a small business that has a lot of equipment that needs storage. Something like an excavating or lawn service company.

If it were closer, I'd consider it myself...

elsmitro

floppy member
So close to a state park you could make a hunting lodge. Bound to have lots of wildlife around. Also be a cool urban warfare training / paintball facilities.
I would love to have it!:thumb:

AndyM

Charter Member
elsmitro said:
So close to a state park you could make a hunting lodge. Bound to have lots of wildlife around. Also be a cool urban warfare training / paintball facilities.
I would love to have it!:thumb:

I see you're in WV... How close are you?

AndyM

Charter Member
bczoom said:
I look at purchasing schools and such.

The location obviously will dictate potential opportunities.

A school would convert nicely into an office building. The classrooms become offices or cube farms. The cafeteria could be transferred into a small restaurant. The gym remains as an exercise facility for employees.

Light manufacturing is also an option for an old school.

Looking at the pics provided, the high school may be viable for an office area but the other buildings wouldn't make it due to condition. For those I would probably rent to a small business that has a lot of equipment that needs storage. Something like an excavating or lawn service company.

If it were closer, I'd consider it myself...

The gymasium would make a cool barn for storing toys! (antique cars, tractors, etc)
I thought about the cafeteria building as a restaurant... the property is close to the Rail Trail, so there's some sort of niche business that could succeed at least during the summer months.
The elementary building was still in use that I remember 10 years ago, so it can't be too bad of shape.

I know I won't be the one buying it, but it's interesting to think about the possibilities.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't realize how close it is to me. :eek:
I know that area. Corporate training would not be a good option.
Maybe an antique shop and a theme restaurant. It is very close to North Bend State Park, the restaurant in the Park leaves a lot to be desired.

AndyM

Charter Member
Doc said:
I didn't realize how close it is to me. :eek:
I know that area. .
Yes it is... I put in for a job recently very close to you, and we were looking at houses outside of Cairo.

Doc said:
It is very close to North Bend State Park, the restaurant in the Park leaves a lot to be desired.
You are correct... but whatever goes in would have to be good enough to attract customers year-round, and for them to drive four miles off the four-lane.