• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hi from North Carolina

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum! Tell us a bit about yourself. How did you find us?

Bluepress

Found this forum at the bottom of a post by B. Skurka on another forum. Checked it out and it looks like a fun place. Lived in Washigton State most of my life, but in the last four years I have lived in Arizona and now North Carolina.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi BluePress! Welcome to Forums Forums. :tiphat:
Looks like you might race boats. :thumb: Boating is my favorite hobby.
Glad to have you aboard. :D
Enjoy and post often. :thumb: :D

Bluepress

Doc,

Growing up in the Seattle area in the 60's unlimited hydroplane racing was a huge deal. Biggest event every August, several hundred thousand people would show up to watch the racing on Lake Washington not to mention the three local TV stations all covering it. Also like auto racing, NASCAR, IRL, F-1.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The hydroplanes have a regular stop in Marietta Ohio that we go to every year. They race on the Ohio River. Always a fun time. Those things sure FLY!!!!!!! :eek:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc,

Growing up in the Seattle area in the 60's unlimited hydroplane racing was a huge deal. Biggest event every August, several hundred thousand people would show up to watch the racing on Lake Washington not to mention the three local TV stations all covering it. Also like auto racing, NASCAR, IRL, F-1.
Hello! Welcome! :thumb:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
welcome to FF, tis a great forum. watch out for muleman there, hes a bit of a pistol. course hes 1 shot shy of a full chamber as well........ :unsure:

:yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I will respectfully bail out of this thread to try to maintain the integrity of a nice Introduction to newcomers. All are welcome to come to Rusty's thought of the day threads in the junkman's corner where I will surely tear him up!:yum:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
AH you wish, muley. i can take on both a you old farts! :yum:

but in all seriousness, i apologize for ruining your thread. the only comfort i can offer is that i do it to everyone :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

working woman

Site Supporter
NC is definitely the home of Nascar! Lived in Winston Salem for 12 years. Still miss the beauty of it. What area are you living in?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My illegitimate daughter lives in Mooresville not far from the big lake. Pretty country down there.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Nice area you live in. I was there a few years ago after going to the Martinsville Nascar race in 2001. Got to tour a few of the raceshops in the area as well as a couple museums. Love my Nascar!!! Great to have you onboard.

Hello.
Welcome to the Forum and It's good to join with us in this community and I hope you will learn something new from here.Please share your more experience at the community.Make sure you read the rules.Have a good read through the sections of the forum.
Enjoy your stay.

Bluepress

Once again thanks everyone for the welcomes. Been in NC for almost 2 years now, live in Mebane. Went to the RPM NASCAR shop in Statesville awhile back. Really nice folks there. Talked a little with Kasey Kahne and AJ Allmindinger (sp). Kasey is from Washington State as I am so we had a few common things to talk about.

Boy it is a cold wet day here, with the wind it feels like 25 out. I know that for many of you it is colder but just yesterday it was 60 degrees in the afternoon.