• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

To Whom it May Concern .............

JenKennings

Occupant; CatBird Seat
SUPER Site Supporter
Doc invited me to post my trivia to this site a while back, and so I did, not knowing what this site was basically about.

At first, I was appalled at the blatant disregard for truth that most members had, and tried my damnedest to pass by all of the misinformation, hate and vitriol that gets posted to this site.

I found that a lot harder to do than I expected; thread lines tend to make me want to click on them to find out just how far an issue can be distorted "when the need for illusion is deep".

So, I'm getting ready to shut this trivia thread down, permanently........... I just don't want to expose myself to this any more........ the lies and innuendos that these people copy and paste have become too much.

I only wish i could have been here to hear what they had to say during the last four years of Bush / Cheney; that must have been a real hoot !

But I digress.............. the purpose of this communication is to say that;
Every day, the trivia you see goes out in an e- letter to a group of subscribers unconnected to either of the sites it gets posted to.
If you like, give me your Addy and I'll get you on that list.

Beyond that, tomorrow's Sunday Special will be the last post................
LT

mak2

Damn JenKennings, I aint smart enough to brag about how many I got right very often but I will sure miss reading them. I am sending you my email now. Thanks for everything so far and hope to continue to hear from you.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know what to say jK, is it a certain group of people that irritate you or is it the general direction of the board itself? I've always enjoyed your trivia posts, I'm just not very good with them. I hope you will reconsider???

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Gosh.....Im not much on triv....but Im sorry I took up for mak so much.....:w00t2:.....but when ya didnt let him be right it hurt his lib feelings....:whistling:.....sometimes ya just got to let them think they are right......er ugh......reft???? At any rate enjoy life be happy May god bless.....[Jerry]

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Sorry to hear this KJ ...:sad: I never was much good at getting the right answers but very much enjoyed your post .

I agree we have some FF members who are closed minded and will say just about anything to try and prove their point of view . But we also have a good group here who enjoys hearing and learning about issues from the other side .

I hope I can be considered in that last group .

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
well....AL.....come to think of it............maby if.........OK ya can be in the group:clap:....this place would be rather dull without ya......well sometimes!!!!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
well....AL.....come to think of it............maby if.........OK ya can be in the group:clap:....this place would be rather dull without ya......well sometimes!!!!!

GEE ! Thanks ....... i think...lol :unsure:

Seriously though , It bothers me to see a good member leave because people cannot respect other posters opinions and act as adults .
But I guess as long as there are 2 people with different opinions... someone , somewhere along the line is going to act up and make the whole group look bad at times .

I personally do not want to have to have thick skin to post my feelings on a subject . They are only my opinions , not everyone elses .

Last edited:

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Im with ya on that AL....some times....no many times I forget to look for the red or yellow border before posting...and many times when Im trying to be....jovial actualy pisses folks off.....and being a slow thinker it takes me a while to catch on as to why.......and then some times I know why their pissed off and just dont give a dam...:whistling::whistling:...any way hope ya are enjoying the summer weather out Idaho way...hell ya could be in Calli!!!!!!:ermm:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm certainly going to miss this thread, but understand your reasons for leaving. Hopefully you'll find another forum
more to you liking.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I remember as a kid hearing about the American Nazi Party planning a march through Cicero, IL. A predominently Jewish community for those of you not familiar with that area. I was appalled. I felt they should not be allowed to do that so close after WW2. My Dad reminded me that the First Amendment guarantees freedom of speech to everyone, even those we dislike or disagree with. As usual, he was right.

Moral of the story. This site is very much open and except for personal attacks the mods let things flow as they will. One of the things that makes this place special in my opinion. Some like it, some not so much.

Take care Ken and see you on the flip side. Thanx for all your hard work on the trivia game. Every member who leaves is missed for various reasons. You will be no exception. :biggrin: