• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kristi KT7 restoration

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
hell yes. congrats man. year of the kristi indeed.

snowtrac nome: how could anyone who drives for a living give up coffee? thats insane. whats up with that?
I fix the things for a living But still have to have the cdl to drive them and my new acquisition I just purchased to haul my tools around will also require a cdl.

KT3survivor

I guess what i meant was, Is it a new requirement for the CDL? like no caffene or tobacco in your wiz cup?? that was the impression i got anyway.

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
awesome, the motor sounds stout, what RPM was that?

In the required Kristi Joke attempt:

Was it hard backing up all that way?
the rear window wiper works really well.....

:w00t2:
Lame I know....
Is great to see it underpower with the anchor up and lines cast off....

2200 RPM in the video

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
motor sounds super happy.

FWIW.
I have been watching my RPM while working, Track setting and pushing a big ball of snow.

2200-3050 is the sweet spot, I will lean on it up to 3400, and I abort when lugging below 1500.
by abort I mean lift the blade, tilt the tracksetter or lift the attachment to reduce load and HOPE to pull (The RPM out of the hole) thru, skiers are pissy about knotchy trails or speed bumps.

no kristi joke today:

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nearly brought a tear to my eye to see that. Bigal is looking down proud as heck sipping a dr rum right now.

Al is taking it out for midnight cruises while Marco sleeps! :biggrin:

Too bad he never got it sorted to enjoy it, but damn glad you have! :clap:

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
motor sounds super happy.

FWIW.
I have been watching my RPM while working, Track setting and pushing a big ball of snow.

2200-3050 is the sweet spot, I will lean on it up to 3400, and I abort when lugging below 1500.
by abort I mean lift the blade, tilt the tracksetter or lift the attachment to reduce load and HOPE to pull (The RPM out of the hole) thru, skiers are pissy about knotchy trails or speed bumps.

no kristi joke today:

I watch the RPM due to the hydrostatic drive more so than the engine RPM red line. The Governor will make all the difference in the world as to controlling RPM to the hydrostatic load demands. These motors when attached to hydraulic pumps all have a governor. Hope to have the linkage completed tomorrow

Sno-Surfer

I missed a couple days here, what a hoot! Those Kristis are coming alive left and right! It's been a long time coming for this one. Looks and sounds great! Great light show too. Looking forward to seeing this in real life in McCall. :wow:

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
The governor is install with all the linkages. Last night burned the midnight oil. It's going to operate the way it was designed, now just need to run it on the snow and see what that means.

If anyone wants to see the oddity operate McCall Id is the place.

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
Don I got some help fabricating the governor linkage. Going to get interesting.

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
So things have been quiet here but only because it's been a snails pace and I have had a lot of other things going on. Today was a brief test of the governor and it went perfect. The governor brackets, belts, linkages and governor cable all lined up perfectly. No more trying to operate the throttle by hand while working the hydralics which was impossible.

I believe Big Al didn't realize he absolutely had to have that governor installed in order for the KT7 to operate correctly.

I backed the KT7 out into the alley set the governor and what a joy it is to operate. The next true test will be loading on the trailer and running it out on the mountain.

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
:bolt:

Attachments

• 86BE7379-57B3-4D4B-8EBA-59E6E8C2277C.jpg
    86BE7379-57B3-4D4B-8EBA-59E6E8C2277C.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 114

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
Until a new dashboard gets installed had to settle for new bulbs in the gauges

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That kt7, as much as we bug the Kristi crowd on here, is the type of machine that legends are made of. It's unique.

Canadian eh!!!