• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

There must be a lot of OIL in Wyoming!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm guessing that they found a whole bunch of oil in Wyoming because they would not be building an 1100 MILE PIPELINE to move it if it wasn't there.

Contractors score 1,100+ miles of new pipeline construction.
Publication: Pipeline & Gas Journal
http://www.allbusiness.com/construction/heavy-civil-construction-energy-utility-oil/12277660-1.html
Date: Sunday, March 1 2009

If new pipeline construction contract awards are an indication, the North American pipeline construction outlook appears health. In recent weeks, three separate contracts were awarded calling for more than 1,100 miles of new mainline construction. The contracts include an award by El Paso Corporation to U.S. Pipeline Inc., Houston, Rockford Corp., Hillsboro, OR and Precision Pipeline, LLC, Eau Claire, WI, to build the $3 billion, 680-mile Ruby Pipeline. As planned, the 42-inch pipeline will originate at the Opal Hub in Wyoming and terminate at the Malin, OR, interconnect, near the California northern border.
El Paso officials say the project will begin service in March 2011.

Denbury Resources also awarded contracts for the construction of the company's Green Pipeline project to Houston-based U.S. Pipeline, Troy Construction and Wilco Pipelines Contractors of Rayne, LA.

The 314-mile, 24-inch diameter pipeline will extend from Donaldsonville, LA to the Hasting Field, south of Houston. Once completed, owners say the pipeline will be one of the first pipelines designed to transport man-made CO2 so that it can be injected or sequestered into the ground, keeping it out of the earth's atmosphere and utilizing it to recover oil that would not otherwise he produced.

Price Gregory Services of Houston was the recipient of a Regency Energy Partners contract to expand the company's pipeline system in North Louisiana to transport natural gas from the Haynesville Shale plays. Estimated to cost $1.1 billion, the expansion will provide 1.45 Bcf/d of new capacity to handle increases in production from the region.

The expansion, which includes looping the existing pipeline, extending the system and adding new compression, will add 204 miles of new pipe with diameters ranging from 24- to 42-inch to the Regency system. Compression additions will total 49,000 horsepower. As planned, project construction will be divided into two phases. Phase one is expected to be completed during the first half of 2009, adding 300 MMcf/d of capacity, at a cost of $375 million. Phase two is designed to add an incremental 1.15 Bcf/d and is scheduled to be in-service late 2009 with full operations set for March 2010.​

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I read the title and immediately thought GWB was sending the troops into Wyoming to start another war.......:hide:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well not quite Bob.

680 miles of pipeline runs from Wyoming to Oregon and I believe it is a natural gas distribution pipeline. Opal is a collection and distribution center for Wyoming gas being sent primarily to the Californian market. I think that there's another collection and distribution hub close to Cheyenne for gas that heads east. The other two pipelines are in Texas and don't carry oil either. One carries natural gas from East Texas to Louisiana and the other carries CO2 in the opposite direction to try to improve or boost production in some declining field south of Houston.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I read the title and immediately thought GWB was sending the troops into Wyoming to start another war.......:hide:

Strikes me that Bush is probably friendly with the oil folks in Wyoming, but Obama is probably NOT on speaking terms with them. That said, I doubt if Obama will send in troops to Wyoming because the residents there are better armed than our soldiers :whistling: