• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1988 LMC 1200

cloudcap

GOLD Site Supporter
https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=1973938&trackId=279

24801712.jpg

Not mine, but is listed on an auction site I monitor. Not a lot of detail, but the photos look interesting. Located in Spokane, WA w/ a current price of $4,550.

Ron

PJL

That looks like a nice cat. The one I acquired is serial # 2080. That one is 2088. It's like a sister ship. Both are US Gov't contracts. Be curious to see what it goes for.

Red130

I need to stay away from that one. On the other hand I showed my wife a photo of a Kitten one day, just one photo, and she's mentioned it twice since then. Hmmm...

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It looks like a diamond in the rough:skipy:but so is a lump of coal, hey if Santa gives me a lump of coal. I’ll be grateful:thumbup:

PJL

I need to stay away from that one. On the other hand I showed my wife a photo of a Kitten one day, just one photo, and she's mentioned it twice since then. Hmmm...

One stray cat leads to another, then another, then another.....

Aaron Tucker

bahahah . If there is interest I know of a nice 1200 thiokol sprite with a 6 way blade for 25k in utah 20k seems high for a cat that has not ran in 7 years . but hey what dose this dumb tucker know lol

tomelroy

at least it was not frozen to the ground! It took me 8 hours with a mini spade to clear my tracks on my Yellow 1200 in 0 degree weather on the base in Chicago!

Aaron Tucker

shoot I had forgotten about northern-lights cat . yah that is a good one but its in Canada.
the First LMC i'm not impressed with it ,has been for sale for years because of the rust .the one in Utah I was talking about was at semi services. I just looked an don't see it anymore must have sold .

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
shoot I had forgotten about northern-lights cat . yah that is a good one but its in Canada.
the First LMC i'm not impressed with it ,has been for sale for years because of the rust .the one in Utah I was talking about was at semi services. I just looked an don't see it anymore must have sold .

Semi Service dabbles in snowcats. It's far from their primary business. I bought my first Tucker in 2008 and at the time they had a 1980 1542 for sale. I went and looked at it and was unimpressed, both with the machine, and even more so with the salesman's BS. They had repainted the machine and there was a HUGE run on one of the doors. Anyone with an iota of pride would have sanded the run and repainted the door. Nope, they left it; so you're left with the impression "if this level of quality is acceptable, what else has been ignored"?

Early rubber-tracked Tuckers used R&K idler wheels. But shortly thereafter Tucker used ones of their own design that have "Tucker Sno Cat" cast into the aluminum wheel. By 1980 Tuckers left the factory with their own wheels. This one had several R&K wheels. You don't swap out idler wheels without reason, so presumably there was something wrong with the originals. However the hour meter was ridiculously low. No way was that the correct number of hours based upon even a cursory inspection of the machine, yet the salesman insisted the hour meter was correct. When someone lies to me, they have now lost any credibility, as well as a sale, and it's time for me to leave.

I believe that machine was priced at something like $23K and it was on their lot for a long, long time.

If you are considering buying a machine from them, I would advise a complete and thorough pre-purchase inspection.