• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Anyone have any Mercury knowledge?

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
I just bought a 90 hp mercury, model 1c90412dd. The #1 plug has no spark, the other two both have spark. I downloaded a manual, but the manual shows 2 wires on my ignition coils, mine has a plug with 4 wires. The manual shows a "switch box", mine does not have a "switch box".
I changes the wires from #1 to #2 coil, no spark, #2 to #1, no spark. #2 to #3, spark, #3 to #2 spark. To me this looks like the #1 coil is no good, but also the wire coming to the coil is no good also. Could the trigger or stator be the problem also?
I tested the wiring going to the trigger as per manual and could not get a reading between 2 wires. Thanks in advance.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In case you don't get the answer here, bt doctur over on Net Boat Talk www.netboattalk.com/forums might be able to help ....but you'd have to join over there. It is very very slow over there (aka dead), but bt doc cks in regularly and he is an awesome resource.